The oddities of the Gem Shop

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

I was so happy when I saw that my favorit glider skin is available as a stand alone offer without having to spend 2k gems for stuff I’m not interested in anyway.

So I wanted to buy gems… no SEPA options anymore. What the kitten- bought gems via SEPA a week ago as usual, no issues. So my wife logs in and checks the gem shop- and the SEPA options is there.
So she buys gems to get the glider herself and get another one as a gift for me- oh look, the Soulriver Glider is the ONLY glider that CAN NOT be gifted to another player.

I don’t even…

(yes, this IS a big /RANT)

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I’m sorry but… what is SEPA?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Digital River is ANet’s payment processor.

SEPA is Single Euro Payment Area, essentially paying from your bank account in Europe.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I would never ever use SEPA anyway, if something goes wrong your account will be permanently banned. Its the most unsave of all offered payment options.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Hey OP, once I had this problem, the PayPal option was missing on my main account but I had it on my secondary account. I opened a thread about it in the bugs subforum and it was fixed in a few hours! You might want to post there.

Behellagh.1468

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

That’s weird, here’s my thread, as you can see I didn’t even have to submit a ticket, I only had to PM that staff member. Maybe they are too busy atm. XD

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

I would never ever use SEPA anyway, if something goes wrong your account will be permanently banned. Its the most unsave of all offered payment options.

Well, debatable. I always used SEPA and had no issues with it. And even my wife, with had some problems with a SEPA purchase in the past still has her account up and running and word from the support that her acc won’t get touched in that matter.
And there’s risk in any online payment transaction involved.
The reason why I prefer SEPA over CC is pretty simple- the charge happens shortly after the purchase and not with the next CC bill.
Anyway, one big issue remains- why can’t this very skin NOT be gifted to another player?!

That’s weird, here’s my thread, as you can see I didn’t even have to submit a ticket, I only had to PM that staff member. Maybe they are too busy atm. XD

Thanks to the two of you, will give that a try.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Behellagh.1468

As for the skin, it’s likely because this is the first time it and the outfit are unbundled from the Bandit Snipers Appearance Pack. Since it’s not a regular TP item they may have forgotten to tag it. Or it tagging it would cause an issue at their end.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Well, debatable. I always used SEPA and had no issues with it. And even my wife, with had some problems with a SEPA purchase in the past still has her account up and running and word from the support that her acc won’t get touched in that matter.

Maybe your wife was just lucky.

It was discussed in the german forum a while ago and this was confirmed by a GM:
https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Accountsicherheit-Nutzung-des-ELV/first#post492367

https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/SEPA-Lastschriftzahlung-f-r-Gems

There is no input validation with this payment method at A-net or their payment provider (Digital River), so if you only make a small error (little typo in the number etc.) than you risk, that your game account will be permanentely closed and can not be re-opened.

This risk (small typo results in game account lost) is not with other payment methods like PayPal, credit card, etc…

A GM confirmed that. If a ELV/SEPA transaction fails and there is some charge back from Digital River to A-Net (or DR tells A-Net that they think this is a risk/fraudulent account) then A-Net has to close the account permanentely because A-Net has a contractual agreement with DR that says so.

And because DR as a payment providers seems to have a lot of frauds with SEPA, they seem to be very “trigger happy”.

I use SEPA transactions a lot, but never with A-Net or Digital River.

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Please open a CS ticket, all the PM’s were doing was the same process but delayed as I had to then send the names over. Opening a CS ticket will make the process much smoother and faster.