The patch made my shoulders gigantic!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gian.8296

Gian.8296

Is it just me, or can we no longer read the thread???

Posted by: Gian.8296

Gian.8296

was just me, sorry :-(

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

To my knowledge only HotW heavy armor and AC medium armor was changed. AC medium armor seems to have had an update (for charr) for fix some clipping issues while HotW armor never actually had any problems. It seems they unintentionally bugged the HotW heavy armor on all races. For norn and charr it’s most easiest to see that the armor pieces were repositioned and resized and now they clip into themselves and have some weird texture problems. I’m guessing all races are actually effected by this, it’s just easier to see on the bigger races.

Please pay no attention to the guy who thinks this was a “fix” for charr. They messed up the armor for ALL races.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

Posted by: Sol Badguy.4517

Sol Badguy.4517

Every time there is a new patch, my heart takes flight, in the hopes that my beloved shoulders have been fixed (and the whole armor). However my heart as it sores on eagles wings, comes crashing down, when i see those huge “things” hanging on my shoulders…

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

Yeah, I know how you feel. My thief looks like a linebacker...

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Jex.8591

Jex.8591

If they could succeed at making armor that fit everyone I’d be all aboard, but I don’t like the idea of them changing the armor I already had to fit other races… Each person wants their own character to look the best with what they give. As it so happens these shoulders/this armor set happens to be the one I chose for my character. I’m just worried that they will take another couple of months to actually bring about a fix…

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

another update NO RESOLUTION of this problem in the patch notes. anet you ahve one job make my shoulder look right. I WILL UNSUSBSCRIBE………………..wait

Sol Badguy.4517

Bumping for exposure >__>

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Hahaha, this is an interesting one, that’s for sure.. Some of them actually do look better, like the charr version. I’m guessing it was to fix some kind of clipping error or something.

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Hahaha, this is an interesting one, that’s for sure.. Some of them actually do look better, like the charr version. I’m guessing it was to fix some kind of clipping error or something.

yeah well, 1/5 clipping pre-patch, 4/5 ARE NOW clipping post patch.

so. fix!

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

The more I look at this ridonkulous change, the more I hate it.

This is the only set of armor I really liked, too…

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

The only problem I have is the idiotic size increase on the shoulders & the shrinking of the feet & ankles on the human male. I like the added details, but the large human male has always had stupid sized shoulders & tiny ballerina feet. I can’t gasp what they were thinking of with those silly proportions.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: Khandarus.2738

Khandarus.2738

The shoulders just need to be shrunk down 5% if that and then moved closer to the neck, it doesn’t help that the position is further off from the collar making them look huge.

Posted by: Lotek.2067

Lotek.2067

I really do not want this thread to die. I have had this armor for more than a year and put a lot of gold into it when I transmuted my ascended armor onto it. I really hope this was an unintentional change and am surprised we have not gotten any responses about it. The scaling changes across the whole set are just awful now and have a huge amount of clipping issues. It makes me not want to play this guy because it just looks terrible now.

The gloves are huge and obnoxious looking. The shoulders are gigantic and don’t flow with the rest of the armor, not to mention the resulting clipping issues. The neck line on the chest piece is over extended and coving up my norn’s facial hair. The pants even got changed as the back section is huge and doesn’t split when you move anymore. Which was a neat feature because it felt like the armor moved with you during combat. Please fix this change, because I do not want to have to dump even more gold into a new set of armor.

Attachments:

Hammerguard.9834

The scaling changes across the whole set are just awful now and have a huge amount of clipping issues. It makes me not want to play this guy because it just looks terrible now.

I find this hilarious because I feel the exact same way. I don’t even feel like playing my warrior because of this change. Luckily I have 7 other level 80s to have fun with ‘till this get’s fixed.

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Lord Tyberias.4850

Lord Tyberias.4850

Im not going to rehash what everyone here has already said. The Arms of Koda Armor piece is Jacked up, Anet please fix it.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Wow, I find those changes horrible and I don’t even play heavies very much

I vote for changing it back

Posted by: Hibiki.4065

Hibiki.4065

I feel like there’s nothing else to be said besides: It’s been over a week, can I have my armor back now mom?

Posted by: phantom.1675

phantom.1675

Yeah when can we expect a change / reversion on this? in addition to it looking worse (that seems to be the consensus) it was undocumented in patch notes. Why not at least document it if it was an intentional attempt to change it?

Lotek.2067

Why not at least document it if it was an intentional attempt to change it?

This is what probably bothers me the most. The fact that nothing was said about it. Now here we are well over a week later and still nothing has been said about it. I’d really like my armor back please .

ShroomOneUp.6913

this threat allready reached two pages but not response of anet.
AT LEAST SOME MOD PLEASE SAY SOMETHING

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

Please change it back, the armour set is now worthless to my human character

Roleplayer.

Posted by: King xiuras.3615

King xiuras.3615

Anet, make this armor fixed please. It doesn’t totally looks worth on a human male guardian. I posted a thread before ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/What-s-wrong-with-those-dungeon-shoulders/first#post3666196 ).
You answered on that thread, but not on this one. We would like to know when you fix it. Thanks for understanding this message.

Khalar Bladestorm – Pugmaster of AoA – Dungeon Master – Event Comander of AoA

Hammerguard.9834

sigh

Armor’s still broken it looks like.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

Posted by: Egron Redmoon.5764

Egron Redmoon.5764

A response from a dev whether or no this was intended would be nice…

And tbh, I don’t mind the shoulders as much as I mind the size change of the gloves and boots. Those look just wrong on my female Norn now

Posted by: Hibiki.4065

Hibiki.4065

Some of my friends have said that Anet is focuses on the March 4th update completely because it’s going (Spoiler Alert) to be the conclusion to the Scarlet story arc. From what I have read though, it sounds like they have had this problem before in the past and have fixed it (obviously or else we wouldn’t be talking about it right now).

In my opinion then, there is no reason that the fix shouldn’t be included in the update tomorrow. If it truly was a problem in the past then it should be an easy fix that has already been done. And even if it hasn’t happened in the past, in my experience with modding meshes in other games a similar fix like this could be done by an amateur in less then an hour. All of these facts lead up to the simple truth that this problem should be dealt with as soon as possible and the next update is as soon as possible.

But like I said, this is my opinion. Because we haven’t had a response from a dev, other then the one redirecting King xiuras to this thread and then not giving him an answer, there’s really no way to know for sure.

ShroomOneUp.6913

they re sized it but somehow they feel a tiny bit to small now. well atleast it better then shoulder kittens-

Sol Badguy.4517

Yeah looks like they resized them. ANET, if you’re reading this, thank you very much. Yes they seem a bit smaller haha, but truly thank you. They are much better than they were.

Lotek.2067

The entire armor set is still broken for my norn. Still as huge and ugly as it has been. I’m wondering if they only fixed it for certain races, because there is no change for me. This is not just a shoulders issue, the entire set needs a fix!

Hammerguard.9834

Same with charr, still completely broken and ugly on them as well. Sad part is they did seem to go back and try to fix it because the pelt on the back no longer clips into the back, but that’s all they did. Everything else still looks horrible. I want the old armor back kitten . Why would they take perfectly fine armor and just break it?!

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I dunno if it’s just me, or this particular item, or what….but my shoulders are HUGE after the patch.

It’s wonky lookin.

That actually looks really cool. I like it :O

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

on humans the shoulders are not gigantic anymore, but i notice the cloth on the shirt would go through the shoulder plates a lot. not sure if it was like this previously but its definitely very annoying

Attachments:

Roleplayer.

Lotek.2067

on humans the shoulders are not gigantic anymore

This kind of irritates me because this seems to be the only obvious fix and only for one issue and one race (and not even done very well judging by the picture). However this fix does tell me that the change was not intentional. Yet if the changes to this set were not intentional, why no response?! Why just the one fix, and seemingly disregard the glaring problems with the entire set across all races that everyone has posted? This is a problem that still needs to be addressed!!!

Dagger.2035

Ascalon armor hasn’t been fixed…

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

Bump to notify anyone that hasn’t noticed; the item in the OP is fixed.

Thanks to whoever got the fix out on that!

Lotek.2067

The item in the OP might have been fixed, but I saw no change whatsoever to my character’s armor from the fix. I can only speak for Norn at the moment, but the entire heavy armor set is still decidedly gigantic and just generally ugly. Guess I’ll just continue to send in bug reports, because judging by what was done there isn’t going to be any kind of a response on this issue.

Dagger.2035

The February 18 armor changes should be completely reverted. The oversized gloves and shoulders cause more clipping issues and don’t look right. It doesn’t make sense to change existing content when there aren’t any serious issues with it.

Attachments:

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

Hammerguard.9834

I did notice that ascalonian medium armor was also changed the day kodan heavy armor was changed but I didn’t know it was also for the worse until now.

Let’s hope Anet is capable of reverting both the armors back before the 6 month mark.

I’m a little worried they won’t even bother at this point since they already made an insulting attempt at trying to fix the kodan heavy armor. They probably think it’s “good enough”.

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Borghal.1635

Borghal.1635

How is it that this thread fell out of sight? The reported problem is still there… The Arms of Koda piece for Norns is very much a joke due to how big it is currently. You just can’t take anyone with such gigantic shoulder-pads seriously :P

Attachments:

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

How is it that this thread fell out of sight? The reported problem is still there… The Arms of Koda piece for Norns is very much a joke due to how big it is currently. You just can’t take anyone with such gigantic shoulder-pads seriously :P

My friend recently showed me how ugly and huge the shoulder armor is in WoW. But looking at your picture, Borghal, I can only say
WOW!

How do you scratch your nose?

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Hammerguard.9834

Anet please, the whole armor set is still messed up on Charr as well.

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

You could make lemonade out of the situation and rename him Humpty Dumpty. j/k that’s aweful though. I thought this got fixed as it fell of the front page of the boards. I guess people just gave up on this bug too.

Borghal.1635

I will keep bumping until this ridiculousness gets resolved. Or an official feature, not bug reply at worst.

This is just ruining what used to be very nice pads.

(Might not be obvious from the picture, but the Koda gloves clip with them too!)

Attachments:

Borghal.1635

BUMP FOR THE EMPRAH!

Borghal.1635

Come on, it ain’t even funny…

Borghal.1635

BUMPity bump
ridculous….still no response on this?

Hammerguard.9834

Three and a half months…

I haven’t played my warrior in three and a half months.

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Marechal Christopher.3597

Marechal Christopher.3597

Six months… And still bug…