The stuck bug

The stuck bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zabstract.3784

Zabstract.3784

Has been awful lately. I’m also not the only one having this issue (obviously).

It’s even getting to the point to where I can’t even break it anymore. /sit wouldn’t even work the last time.

Again, it’s happening more frequently (Just lost a PvP game because of it)

Would love to have some sort of update on the issue. Maybe then I’ll be a bit less upset once I know this stupid bug is being looked at.

The stuck bug

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It has been very bad for a long time. Partly you can adjust your playstyle slightly to get around it (sometimes) but trust me, many people curse it every time they play. It doesn’t lend incentive to play either.

The stuck bug

Posted by: VagaMule.1658

VagaMule.1658

I get this constantly on my warrior. sometimes 3 times in one fight. usually get it after a dodge roll, the only way to break it is to dodge roll again or use movement skill.

Ruins competitive play.

The stuck bug

Posted by: void.6217

void.6217

Quite often if a fight after I get knocked down or stunned I can not move anymore.

Nothing helps – blinking, using waypoints etc.

The only thing that unlocks it is going to another map (talking about WvW here).

This frequent movement lock makes the game completely unplayable, it looks like it’s still in beta development or something. And I payed for this btw…

The stuck bug

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Quite often if a fight after I get knocked down or stunned I can not move anymore.

Nothing helps – blinking, using waypoints etc.

The only thing that unlocks it is going to another map (talking about WvW here).

This frequent movement lock makes the game completely unplayable, it looks like it’s still in beta development or something. And I payed for this btw…

Well like everyone that is able to post here, you paid for it…

also, try /dance

The stuck bug

Posted by: zOLtAm.7824

zOLtAm.7824

That’s annoying as hell -.-
Looks like patch made it happen more often

The stuck bug

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I have noticed two different types of bugs:

One where you cannot move after dodging, which you can counter by dodging again;
One where you are hit by an attack, and are now completely rooted to the spot unless you have a movement skill, or get knocked back again.

The first bug happens constantly, while the second one seems to happen mainly in PvP. Druids in particular cause the second one, as it just happened to me 3 times in a row in a match against 3 druids.

The stuck bug

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

To the good people at Anet:

Can we please get an update on this, or at least recognize that this is an issue?

Thanks;
Aden

The stuck bug

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

This bug has been around since release. Various updates seem to have made it occur more or less often, but I can’t recall any time where it wasn’t a problem at all.

At least with the more recent versions, it appears to sometimes be triggered by dodging immediately after a movement skill or closely chaining two movement skills. This usually ends up in a situation that be fixed by using another movement skill or /dance.

There is also another, possibly related, movement issue where the running animation and movement stop at seemingly random times. The character pose freezes and you get rooted. The pose unfreezes and normal movement works as soon as all movement keys are released/repressed. The fix is quick and simple, but as with the other bugs, it can easily cause a death in the time it takes to recognize that it’s not a legitimate root and react appropriately.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

The stuck bug

zOLtAm.7824

Any word about it?

The stuck bug

Posted by: mastergreki.8017

mastergreki.8017

I’d like to report something that’s happening to my elementalist in pvp regularly, almsost every match. Sometimes during intense moments of match, when there’s high spamming of skills, I find my character unable to move. I can use skills but i can not move around.

This problem seems to go away when I get moved by some other force, like another player using CC on me.

Unfortunately I havent figured out if there’s a certain sequence of skills or events that trigger this.

Anyone else experiencing this?

The stuck bug

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Any word about it?

Was there a patch with patch notes about it, or a timid exclamation of omg it’s fixed?
I really wouldn’t count on it, and considering how long this issue has been occurring, at times getting worse, and then better for a while, I have little expectation of it being fixed. I don’t know if it truly can be fixed without a major overhaul of everything. But no, there is little chance of there being any type of comment on it, so I wouldn’t expect anything. Perhaps there has been a statement on reddit recently. who knows.

I mean, even Colin noticed a dodge in place bug a bit after HoT release (was on reddit), and we still have that going on. I’d swear it’s worse now, but perhaps it just likes to do it to me every time I log on out of spite for not playing as much.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

The stuck bug

Posted by: Amaranth.2517

Amaranth.2517

It feels that bug happens more often on asura characters. I am gonna create a new character for pvp and name it CharrEleCauseOfStuckBug.

The stuck bug

zOLtAm.7824

Revenant Riposting Shadows can trigger this bug as well.

The stuck bug

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Thanks for the reports, guys. This issue is caused by a few different bugs, so fixing it in all cases is quite complicated. The good news is that we have several changes being tested now that should resolve most (but possibly not all) of these cases. Because of the complexity of this bunch of bugs the testing phase is taking a while, but if all goes well these changes should go live on 3/22.

The stuck bug

Posted by: Rakshasa.5493

Rakshasa.5493

Its Rev’ sword 3 used in a combo, it makes the other person stick to the ground, (stuck bug) the only way to get out of it is to /sit, pretty much every PvP match now vs Revs’ and loads in WvW ?? fix soon??

The stuck bug

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Thanks for the reports, guys. This issue is caused by a few different bugs, so fixing it in all cases is quite complicated. The good news is that we have several changes being tested now that should resolve most (but possibly not all) of these cases. Because of the complexity of this bunch of bugs the testing phase is taking a while, but if all goes well these changes should go live on 3/22.

*rubs eyes* An ETA? Did I see an ETA? :P just kidding.

The stuck bug

Posted by: Morgan.5170

Morgan.5170

I’ve experienced this on my characters in fractals and dungeons as well. My character simply cannot move or dodge even. I’m not stunned or immobilized, I’ve died a few times to this. I got stuck on nothing during a Death’s Charge, failing to close with my target. A champion with a lengthy tell smacked me across the room, because I just stood there. Electrified fractal walkway… the list goes on.

It seems to last for a second to a few seconds for me. None of this happened in areas that might have pathing issues.