Theres definately a movement bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

I dont know if its going on with other classes, but since today on warrior, im getting stuck repeatedly and cant move until I use a move skill.

Im not snared, im not stunned, im not lagging (I have a command prompt open pinging google.com and another youtube.com and im casting skills just fine)

The “stuck” so far seems to last indefinately until you use a move skill. It ltierally happened 4 times in the last 5 minutes.

Im using axe/mace and GS and signet of might, signet of healing, signet of adrenaline, signet of rage and frenzy

It happened in silverwastes and also cathedral in malchors leap when i was farming veteran air elementals.

arms 2/2/3
strength 2/2/1
discipline 3/3/2

Ive only noticed it happen in pve

Every single time I get stuck, I will be unable to move until i use a heal skill.

Also [Rush] on GS has been completely missing the last couple days. Something can be standing still and itll stop running 10 feet in front of the target and just miss. sometimes it runs in a different direction than the target even is.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

(edited by Envy.1679)

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

The rooting thing happened to me last night during teq. There were no graphical indications of a cc effect, nor were there any status icons. It resolved itself after I got knocked around by a wave. Thankfully there were no recurrences.

I assumed it was an artifact of lag or something, though everyone else seemed to continue doing their thing so it didn’t look like a typical DC.

Posted by: Sae.8453

Sae.8453

This has happened to me as well while running CoF on my ele the other day.
Couldn’t move until I use a movement skill (Burning retreat).

Posted by: Derpy Jerky.8462

Derpy Jerky.8462

This has happened to me on my Necro a few times down in sw. I have failed at trying to duplicate so I can report. Each time I was battling it out with multiple enemies and during the fight I became stuck. Flesh Wurm will let you teleport but keeps you stuck. I have to wp out in order to get free. When stuck, you can fight, look around and jump. Just can’t run away.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

The bug forum would be a better place for this. You should create this topic over there.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

You can usually do /dance to unstuck.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Let me guess, everything just stopped then everything took place quickly? It did not act like a graphics issue, it looks like a server hiccup then catching up on processing. It used to happen to my ele at teq often. The other day I thought it was happening to my mesmer when she was there but it was so short I was not sure. I am wondering if there is a resource being maxed in their server cluster when many people are at the same place?

Another odd thing myself and others have noticed: occasionally our movements will act like someone is holding down the key to turn. You will go forward if you are pressing the key to do so but as soon as you let go it is turn city again. It is not auto either as I tried toggling that. We have been unable to consistently replicate it but that could come down to something simple like a keyboard issue. Which may actually be the case since it occasionally happens in Second Life as well.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

[btw, this thread should prob be in bugs]

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Let me guess, everything just stopped then everything took place quickly?

No, everything was fine aside from me not being able to move. I know how those types of things look, and its not that.

The last time it happened I stood there for 20 seconds just to see if it’d last that long, used a move skill and got out.. The bug is exactly how I described it, nothing less nothing more.

What you described isnt a “server hiccup” anyway, thats packetloss.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

(edited by Envy.1679)

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Old bug, has been happening to me at least for an year now. I noticed is easier to replicate when you try to use the movement keys wasd while holding the right button of the mouse, some times needs add a 3rd key like ctrl.

Can’t really say what’s the cause of it, only that can be a death sentence sometimes, specially when doing a JP. Lost count of how many times failed a jump or died due to the character freeze right before the jump.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This the same kind of movement issue that appears as if your keyboard/mouse intermittently loses connection? I’ve had issues when I’m running and just abruptly stop despite having the forward key still pressed down. The mouse also gets sluggish (when trying to rotate my view) occasionally as well.

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

No it is different. To make it simple to visualize what happens will be similar to this:

You character give a small step forward then it freezes in a position like will happen to you if gets immobilized mid air or get stuck while building siege in wvw as used to happen before the fix. Need to use a movement key twice, a skill or an emote to break it, otherwise will stay stuck there for a long time.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Kuddlekins.6407

Kuddlekins.6407

I’ve been noticing this off and on for a good year or so. It’s intermittent, difficult to reproduce, but essentially “locks” your character in place until you release your movement key and press it again, engage some sort of skill that affects mobility, or are affected by something in the environment that moves your character.