Thief Clipping Bug

Thief Clipping Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Eristina.5967

Eristina.5967

Hello,
Since the start of the game there has been a bug in thief. The one where he stays invisible for a short time after doing the backstab. It occured rarely and wasn’t a big deal, until it could be abused.

This post won’t be an how to, but more a knowledge spread, this bug exists and explain things. I didn’t understood what happened to me before, but now I do.
It’s kind of gamebreaking in sPvP because it makes some thieves stronger than others (adding 8k damage to their combo isn’t small, theses thieves aren’t limited to GC anymore they can OS everyone that don’t have protection AND armor).

Here’s a video showing it and some important things :
1) The clipping bug
The thief stay invisible after the backstab and can cast an heartseeker while being invisible/semi-invisible. What are the consequence ? 4 skill in the combo instead of 3 : it add an 8k heartseeker to their combo before being visible (so you can target him and fear him for example).
In the video, he does 17k damage on 3k1 armor while being invisible and me being stun from basilic venom.

To people who will say that this isn’t a bug :
Yes this is a bug, the backstab animation is CUT and makes all this possible in 1.5 second.

2) Time
Everything was done in 1,5 second.

3) Macro
It’s done by using a macro, the thief in the video used 1 key, 1 shortcut to do this while being invisible.

Some thieves are better at one shotting people being invisible than others.
I won’t explain how to do it, we took time to find it and reported it.
While waiting a fix it will makes people stop abusing it in sPvP or if they still do it, everyone will know what’s happening.

Video
http://youtu.be/LbhdsF4oEI8

Ps : the name of the thief is darkened because he had to use macro to test and isolate and reproduce the bug, he isn’t a macro player.
The bug block took 2 months to be fix even after the bug report that I made, and it got spread out eventually and abused, so better use this way this time.
Happy holydays !

Origine-online – http://www.twitch.tv/ooeristina
Mains Thief – Necro – Mesmer

(edited by Eristina.5967)

Thief Clipping Bug

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

Expirienced thieves do this without the use of a macro, depends on how fast you are with your fingers.

But nice post, hopefully ANet can now finally open their eyes and fix it.

wtf…skyham….all is vain

Thief Clipping Bug

Posted by: Purie.9046

Purie.9046

don’t really know if it’s a bug but due to haste you can get all skills off so fast that it happens during stealth. Normally u come out of stealth right after backstab but when you add haste into it… the “cast time” is reduced so you can pull of heartseeker before popping out of stealth.

Chieftain Ninjas – Purie – EU

(edited by Purie.9046)

Thief Clipping Bug

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

And people laughed at me and my Macro QQ thread!

Thanks for the research, it’s amazing and I hope Anet sees this fast.

Snow Crows [SC]

Thief Clipping Bug

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

P / d is even worse. You can take in the target the thief only 20-30% of the time of the battle.

Three months have passed since the release. And one of the main mechanic of the combat system is broken.
1) Rendering bug
For example turns p / d in Godmode against melee.
2) Channel single-target spells (single target cc / unload etc) continue to attack the target.
3) Revelead debuff and saving Traits.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Refuge
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Instinctual_Response
Stealth is not save from AoE or oneshots. These Traits impose “revelead” and kill you a lot more than help somewhat. You need to replace them for 1 second invulnerable. This will make them necessary for pvp / pve. And remove the domination glasscannnon.