Thief Hidden Killer Trait Broken Post-Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mixchimmer.7230

Mixchimmer.7230

Already made a post about this in the thief forums, so my apologies for the redundancy, but just wanted to post in the bugs forum that this trait no longer effects crit chance while stealthy.

Thanks!

Posted by: Capas.9240

Capas.9240

For the thief class, Talent XII in the Critical Strikes tier no longer works after the patch. It gives you 100% critical strike chance on your first hit in stealth. It worked for me always just not now after the patch. Is there an internal cooldown now? Or is it a bug?

Posted by: awgardner.9634

awgardner.9634

There ya go. Your on the right track now !

Representing Acolytes [Aco] on Jade Quarry
80 Human Thief – 80 Human Guardian
80 Norn Ranger – 80 Norn Warrior

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yes seems to be bugged. It does nothing now :P

Posted by: Captainlasercannon.8914

Captainlasercannon.8914

I too am not getting a guaranteed crit while attacking from stealth, this limits my capability to play as my character is built and geared for backstabbing. Please fix this asap.

(edited by Captainlasercannon.8914)

Posted by: Kris.6307

Kris.6307

Same thing for me. No guaranteed crit from stealth. :-(

Posted by: dzikizwierz.6907

dzikizwierz.6907

Same here.
Me and all thieves in guild has the same problem.

Posted by: Battou.7832

Battou.7832

Fix please, this is the basis for some peoples builds.

Thief Scoundrel “Hraffen”
[RET] of Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Battou.7832

Battou.7832

Fix please, this is the basis for some peoples builds.

Thief Scoundrel “Hraffen”
[RET] of Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Joeroenho.4231

Joeroenho.4231

Verified, noticed this as well.

Posted by: ReFLeX.8129

ReFLeX.8129

Confirmed.

Great, not only am I vulnerable for an extra second after using backstab, now I won’t do decent damage at all unless I sink gold into a full zerk set… and maybe not even then. Why even go stealth now? rofl

Posted by: Macovan.3650

Macovan.3650

I wounder if Anet even reads this, cause there have been no official reply on this yet. At least let us know if you are going to fix this soon.

Macovan – 80 Thief
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I wounder if Anet even reads this, cause there have been no official reply on this yet. At least let us know if you are going to fix this soon.

You have to give them more than a few hours to get to these types of things. In case you hadn’t noticed, WvW is completely offline at the moment while they work to fix that. I assume that’s a priority at the moment. And yes, they do read these reports. They just don’t always respond. It doesn’t mean they’re ignoring the issue.

Whatever the case, my brother plays a thief that requires this trait and he can confirm that this trait is completely broken. It doesn’t do what it says it does at all anymore.

Posted by: SubjectZero.6497

SubjectZero.6497

Also completely broken for me. Resetting traits/etc didn’t help.

ReFLeX.8129

I think he said that because a bug with something else that is similar was responded to by staff, but this bug hasn’t been.

Zedd.8239

Do you remember which bug it was? I’d be curious to see what was said. Thanks!

Posted by: Antiel.8791

Antiel.8791

Did several tests in PvP. Hidden Killer doesn’t seem to work. It doesn’t provide a 100% crit chance and the crit chance seems to be similar to if I had not chosen the trait.

ReFLeX.8129

Please do fix this.

Posted by: Heweep.1697

Heweep.1697

Really hope this will get fixed soon…My build is pretty much useless at the moment.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thank you for reporting this; we’re investigating it now.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: MADAIR.1948

MADAIR.1948

Hello Anet, just wanted to make sure you know the the thief trait “Hidden Killer” is not activating now since this patch. Please fix asap ty.

Zedd.8239

Thanks for the quick response, Jason!

Posted by: Lord Yoshi.6738

Lord Yoshi.6738

My build is worthless without that 100% crit! Any updates?

Posted by: Lews.8146

Lews.8146

Yah, in all honesty stealth is all a thief has, and now we have basically lost our only gain so other classes all have a HUGE adavantage on us, and for thieves who rely in stealth for builds were in serious trouble now. We could even use some buffs, like every other class seems to have gotten aside from thief who is only being nerfed. Those bugs he listed are all issues we have had before this date and now with hidden killer and such broken to some of us have nothing with which left to play, specially if thief “was” your favorite class to play.

Posted by: Smoke.3890

Smoke.3890

Patch to fix patch just happened, still no fix for hidden killer. Is this issue still under investigation, or have we advanced to fixing it?

ReFLeX.8129

I agree, it is still not fixed.

Lews.8146

My build is still useless without hidden killer, i cant even go enjoy the new WvW updates >.<

Mixchimmer.7230

My build is still useless without hidden killer, i cant even go enjoy the new WvW updates >.<

You can always switch a few traits around and use S/D, that’s what I did :P.

Macovan.3650

No one has to be forced to change their playstyle because of the broken trait. It is a problem that has to be fixed asap, and not to be left over in silence.

Macovan – 80 Thief
Sanctum of Rall

Mixchimmer.7230

No one has to be forced to change their playstyle because of the broken trait. It is a problem that has to be fixed asap, and not to be left over in silence.

Well, I’m not trying to justify it, trust me, I know it sucks — it decreases potency of backstab builds sevenfold.

I’m just saying if you’re really wanting the points that bad you could always just play around that’s all.

Lews.8146

I don’t overly care about the WxP points, I just enjoyed playing WvW as a whole, and I loved my d/d build and thief, but it all revolves around hidden killer, the 4second debuff on stealth I can learn to play around, but the traits being broken, I can’t.

Mixchimmer.7230

I don’t overly care about the WxP points, I just enjoyed playing WvW as a whole, and I loved my d/d build and thief, but it all revolves around hidden killer, the 4second debuff on stealth I can learn to play around, but the traits being broken, I can’t.

Yeah, that’s fair.

Posted by: ShoeMoney.5249

ShoeMoney.5249

Confirmed. Thanks for posting op and investigating.

ShoeMoney – LVL 80 Thief (Main) – Ewwww – LVL 80 Mesmer
Zagozda – LVL 80 Warrior
Trynity Killer – LVL 80 Ranger

Posted by: TimeToKill.7265

TimeToKill.7265

I have made a video to show that hidden killer trait is not working, after march 26th patch.
also before patch, if I use heal skill to stealth while I am in stealth (from other skills), sometime it will result a NON crit hit as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDnMed-t_fo&feature=youtu.be

Posted by: ImpFX.7328

ImpFX.7328

Verified by me aswell,
was about to post my own topic.

Looking forward for a fix.

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Still bugged. :/

Any news from chief big cloud?

Captainlasercannon.8914

Have there been any developments with looking into this bug? I’d sure appreciate some more communication.

Mixchimmer.7230

I’m sure they’re still working on it.

It does suck though, it’s the basis on which SO many builds are built around….

Captainlasercannon.8914

I won’t take anything for granted, especially with the general lack of communication i see coming from Arenanet on these forums.

Posted by: kikokikon.3451

kikokikon.3451

and when you finish with this check and “Cloaked in Shadow” … same thing… some time it apply blind some time not

Posted by: Lasss.8169

Lasss.8169

Want to show support, so, yeah.. Fix this :-)

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Thanks for the update. This was the one thing my backstab thief couldn’t adapt to.

If you simply get it back to how it was before the patch I would be happy. I never had any other glitches with this trait.

For everyone posting about an issue not related to this trait make a new post. Let us not confuse our Anet peeps working on our issues.

Little red Lioka

Posted by: csaba.5269

csaba.5269

The bug is fixed now??

Lews.8146

No, everything about thief is still broken. I just think its unfair how every class got upgraded in their skills, and thief only got nerfed, and accidentally broken traits. That is just how I see it personally.

Posted by: Ofunk.8097

Ofunk.8097

please fix this bug asap.

Zedd.8239

Patch to fix patch just happened, still no fix for hidden killer. Is this issue still under investigation, or have we advanced to fixing it?

I think they were just too busy fixing such an important problem as dye appearance on Order of Whispers armor.

You do know that these are entirely different issues as far as complexity goes, right? And that the team can work on more than one thing at once? It sucks. I get it. But this fix may take time.

Macovan.3650

You do know that these are entirely different issues as far as complexity goes, right? And that the team can work on more than one thing at once? It sucks. I get it. But this fix may take time.

Yes, I also know that the dye appearance problem is not a game breaking and minor, and bugged Hidden Killer trait is a major problem that breaks the game for many thief players, and therefore I think has to be the higher priority to fix. How much time do we have to wait? A month (until the next patch)? 2 month? Half a year (there are actually bugs that have been addressed since the beta, and still have not been fixed)? A year, may be? In order to make some people take action, you have to push on them and to be more active and demanding. If you just silently wait for an action to be done, there is a good chance those people will delay it for a good amount of time. That is how most things work in the life, may be some day you will understand.

Macovan – 80 Thief
Sanctum of Rall

Lews.8146

Yes, I also know that the dye appearance problem is not a game breaking and minor, and bugged Hidden Killer trait is a major problem that breaks the game for many thief players, and therefore I think has to be the higher priority to fix. How much time do we have to wait? A month (until the next patch)? 2 month? Half a year (there are actually bugs that have been addressed since the beta, and still have not been fixed)? A year, may be? In order to make some people take action, you have to push on them and to be more active and demanding. If you just silently wait for an action to be done, there is a good chance those people will delay it for a good amount of time. That is how most things work in the life, may be some day you will understand.

I fully agree, unless we plan to wait for ages we need to let them know how much of an issue this is, me and a few friends can almost no longer use our thiefs, especially in wvw becouse of this. It needs to get fixed fast.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Hey everyone,

We understand your concerns on this issue as it significantly impacts gameplay and are working on it now. Thank you for your patience as we fix this issue!

On another note, while we appreciate the reports on this issue, repeatedly bumping threads and holding off-topic discussions in the bug forum are not allowed. Keeping a thread on the front page doesn’t mean it’s going to be fixed any faster than an issue that’s seen once and then documented; you can read more on how we triage issues in the Introduction to the Live Response Team thread.

As this thread has gone off-topic, it will now be closed.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed