[Thief] New trait BUG! Please hotfix.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

It involves two traits:

Deadly arts’ Mug (III) – Inflict damage and heal for a certain amount when you steal.

and

Shadow arts’ Hidden Thief (VIII) – Stealth for 3 seconds when you steal.

Pre-patch using both traits together would stealth you when stealing as it normally should. But now the damage that Mug inflicts automatically de-stealths you after you steal (applying the revealed debuff).

I believe this isn’t intended… I really hope it’s not.

Please fix it. My build relies on these 2 traits together to work.

My theory is that the recent Steal bugfix has added a delay on the damage / stealing item component to verify if the target is reachable, and doing this has set the damage after the stealth from hidden thief starts, when they used to start at the same time before. Therefore you get instantly revealed because you’re doing damage while stealthed, even if it is 0.1 seconds too late.

Please delay Hidden thief’s stealth application slightly (less than 0.5s) if needed, but fix this…

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

(edited by Razor.6392)

Posted by: Brutality.6395

Brutality.6395

I’ve never combined these. Usually when i use Steal with ‘Hidden Thief’ i hit my sheath weapon bind because something always manages to screw me over. Especially Pistol main hand.
Edit: To clarify, Sheathing your weapon will cancel some abilities and stop auto attacks

Try it yourself. Maybe it will be a temporary solution.

Otherwise: Bump!

Posted by: wessi.7645

wessi.7645

That really needs to be fixed very soon!!!

Razor.6392

I’ve never combined these. Usually when i use Steal with ‘Hidden Thief’ i hit my sheath weapon bind because something always manages to screw me over. Especially Pistol main hand.
Edit: To clarify, Sheathing your weapon will cancel some abilities and stop auto attacks

Try it yourself. Maybe it will be a temporary solution.

Otherwise: Bump!

doesn’t seem to help…

Level 60 pvp

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I realize not a great many of thief players combine these traits, but this glitch is very bad for d/p specs.

bump for progress!

(edited by Synosius.9876)

Posted by: lobsterisme.6032

lobsterisme.6032

I really think this was intentional. Any damage you apply should reveal you. Idk it’s kind of a gray area because both effects are applied at the same time by stealing.

Synosius.9876

I really think this was intentional. Any damage you apply should reveal you. Idk it’s kind of a gray area because both effects are applied at the same time by stealing.

then they should list it on the patch notes.

Posted by: Brutality.6395

Brutality.6395

the order of steal mechanics just need to be re-ordered(mug before stealth). Maybe this was a stealth nerf and intended, i certainly hope it was an accident though.

Razor.6392

Someone said in the thief forums that mug+hidden thief interaction was actually patched in the past so they could work together, so it’s obviously not intended.

Later on I’ll look for the specific patch notes.

Level 60 pvp

Synosius.9876

another build, still no fix

Razor.6392

another build, still no fix

I’m starting to lose hope lol.

Level 60 pvp

Razor.6392

Ohh I must add, to not bother testing anything else.

I was using bountiful theft and sleight of hand.

Level 60 pvp

Synosius.9876

I have mostly stopped playing my thief, this has been very disruptive to my build.

Posted by: wessi.7645

wessi.7645

… and i stopped playing that game. Devs ruined my only lvl 80 class (previus nerfs and tons of bugs). I wont wait for them to get their lazy kitten up to fix this… balance in that game is broken anyway.
In my oppinion: Worst performance of a Developerteam seen in history of mmos!!!

Posted by: Wichidi.9281

Wichidi.9281

same here.. build based a lot on this trait and its really annyoing that it doesnt work.. please fix it asap :/

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Yeah, this needs to be fixed, there’s already a thread going about it on the Thief forums: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Hidden-Thief-Bug/first#post4192818

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Still bugged, I had to change my build because of this bug…

Razor.6392

I’ve had to drop my thief aswell for the time being. It’s kinda heartbreaking because I want to use my thief (just finished full asc on it too) but I can’t with this bug.

Tried different builds but they just aren’t my cup of tea. My ping is too high to reliably use CnD.

Level 60 pvp

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yes, yes, and more yes! This bug has been driving me nuts! It seriously damages my builds synergy. Think about it, after I steal, I’m basically standing there revealed like, “O’hai”. All the points I put into stealth traits are worthless now with this insta-reveal.

MUST BE FIXED!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Short term, just don’t use mug? I don’t use hidden thief trait. We know why the problem now exists, though, and I’d like to think they are aware of it, especially if, you know, this has been reported.

I’m still trying to figure out why I’ve been randomly revealed in fights lately, and no, no ranger with sic’em or stealth trap. I’m assuming lag with the server.

Synosius.9876

a new build is available, guess what?

still bugged v_v

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

To be honest I think this is better because being able to do damage and still hide would not be a good thing.

I’ve used the ‘Hidden Thief’ trait coupled with ‘Thrill of the Crime’ ever since launch, and always had power set to 0 so when I use steal, I stealth and get the ‘Thrill of the Crime’ so I can run around the place whilst stealing and steal thing. Dealing damage (and the poison that the first minor trait gives when stealing) would slow me down as I’d be ‘In-combat’ when I don’t want to be.

So, yeah, I think still being in stealth shouldn’t be allowed when doing any damage personally, but other people’s opinions are by no means invalid as it’s a good debate, but it’s overall a balancing act for ArenaNet to do, and if they intended for it to be like this, then so be it.

*Edit: In short – we shouldn’t have the best of both worlds :p

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

(edited by penelopehannibal.8947)

Synosius.9876

anything that hurts thief is good right?

Im glad youre here to decide what is right for me

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Thing is though, if I remember correctly, they fixed this in the past so they would work together. Why would they nerf it now when they intentionally changed it to be like that? It has to be a bug. If it wasn’t, it would’ve been in patch notes, or they’d have added it after people started reporting it.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Razor.6392

Short term, just don’t use mug? I don’t use hidden thief trait. We know why the problem now exists, though, and I’d like to think they are aware of it, especially if, you know, this has been reported.

I’m still trying to figure out why I’ve been randomly revealed in fights lately, and no, no ranger with sic’em or stealth trap. I’m assuming lag with the server.

I did drop mug at first, got another 2 points in SA or CS… but it’s not the same. I cannot get a good offense / defense trait with 2 points in any trait line.

Losing 2000 hp regen / 2000 damage every 21 seconds on top of the poison application is huge.

@penelope, please… stay away from topics you cannot comprehend. I’m trying to be nice here.

Level 60 pvp

penelopehannibal.8947

@penelope, please… stay away from topics you cannot comprehend. I’m trying to be nice here.

Erm.. can you explain this bash at me for giving my opinion? I said in my opinion I think it’s better this way. How was that not trying to be nice?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Synosius.9876

its my opinion thief should be taken down a peg, and you should all play my way its the best.

no offense, its just my opinion

Razor.6392

Erm.. can you explain this bash at me for giving my opinion? I said in my opinion I think it’s better this way. How was that not trying to be nice?

How is it better that way…? barely anyone use this trait, why would you choose to screw them over?

Tell me better ways to stealth and burst as a p/p thief and I’ll gladly drop using hidden thief.

Level 60 pvp

penelopehannibal.8947

How is it better that way…? barely anyone use this trait, why would you choose to screw them over?

Tell me better ways to stealth and burst as a p/p thief and I’ll gladly drop using hidden thief.

I said in my original post:

“To be honest I think this is better *because being able to do damage and still hide would not be a good thing.”*

You must be very angry and upset as you seem to have misread what I put. Try to take part in forum posts when you are less angry, as it can be more constructive that way, and you’ll feel better within yourself.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

penelopehannibal.8947

No I was 100% honestly trying to be sincere because it looked like he took my original post as a personal insult or something, and I think he feels angry, so I was trying to help!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Synosius.9876

forum troll
Web definitions

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response …
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_troll

by your own admission, you have provoked a reader.

(edited by Synosius.9876)

penelopehannibal.8947

That is not what I did at all and you know it, please read my responses.

Edit: I’m not replying to any more on this topic.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

If it’s any consolation, the same thing occurs with engineer’s toss elixir S and the acidic elixir trait.

Razor.6392

being able to do damage and still hide would not be a good thing

Do you realize how Cloak and Dagger works? I don’t think you do, because you just described it.

D/P 5+2 with a nearby target will also inflict damage with heartseeker, while still stealthing.

And yes I’m kinda angry! It’s been 2 weeks now, and I can’t use my thief the way I’m supposed to.

Level 60 pvp

Synosius.9876

Im still willing to believe this issue hasnt been fixed yet because of all the new living story content (which is great btw) and the DDoS kitten s and this is just a minor issue to the whole game.

Razor.6392

Im still willing to believe this issue hasnt been fixed yet because of all the new living story content (which is great btw) and the DDoS kitten s and this is just a minor issue to the whole game.

Yeah… I’m doing fine but I would be doing much better in wvw if this bug was fixed.

Level 60 pvp

Razor.6392

It’s gonna be a month soon.

Gotta love taking HOURS UPON HOURS to get full ascended for my thief, just to have him kitten by a bug that can’t even be fixed quickly.

Really loving it!

Level 60 pvp

Synosius.9876

I been playing an engi, seems stealth is just buggy all around right now. Engi stealth usually reveals right away. I see thief trying to refuge and then being revealed right after and standing there dumbfounded.

Im starting to get the feeling this issue isnt even on the agenda for fix.

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Razor.6392

I been playing an engi, seems stealth is just buggy all around right now. Engi stealth usually reveals right away. I see thief trying to refuge and then being revealed right after and standing there dumbfounded.

Im starting to get the feeling this issue isnt even on the agenda for fix.

Apparently engis get auto revealed when combined with acidic elixirs trait.

kinda funny bug too… that trait is almost equally as unpopular, and has been bugged forever lol.

…getting a bad feeling about this…

Level 60 pvp

Synosius.9876

we can post all we want about what is wrong and get… let them eat cake

Razor.6392

I think this critical bug would get more visibility if it has an entire thread addressed to it instead of a huge list (in which it’s #8 or so) that most likely will never be fixed over the course of 1 single patch.

Anyway, here’s hoping that ANet can fix this in this patch. It’s been 1 month now… a little pathetic but hey, I’ve seen worse.

Level 60 pvp

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I think this critical bug would get more visibility if it has an entire thread addressed to it instead of a huge list (in which it’s #8 or so) that most likely will never be fixed over the course of 1 single patch.

Anyway, here’s hoping that ANet can fix this in this patch. It’s been 1 month now… a little pathetic but hey, I’ve seen worse.

I think this bug will soon be hidden between all PvE bugs being spammed here.

If you keep this collective thread updated: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Thief-Bugs-10-Updated-July-25/first#post4243383
It will be more visible like the mesmer bug thread, which is always on top of the list.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Synosius.9876

Ive been bumping this thread for almost a month. Im tired of playing a peasant class and wanna go back to my thief.

Im even considering making a condi build… gasp

Synosius.9876

read up on upcoming nerfs, kinda pointless worrying about this now…