Thief Stealth Issues

Thief Stealth Issues

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ctank.4170

Ctank.4170

First, I’m posting this in the bug category, because I feel like it is a bug; however, if it was meant to be this way by design, please push this to the suggestion thread….

There are multiple skills, Cloak and Dagger, Blinding Powder, maybe one or two more, that are supposed to inflict a condition on an enemy and stealth you. If the foe is immune to the condition, you won’t actually stealth. I guess this is semi-OK for the dagger skill, but Blinding Powder can be used in an offensive or defensive scenario. The fact that you may not get stealthed by it seems like a bug to me.

Also, if a user stealths, and an enemy starts an attack that auto-targets you….I would think, being in stealth, and moving from where the enemy last saw you, should make it miss; unfortunately, that isn’t the case either.

EDIT: Please read my reply, adds additional insight

Thanks.

(edited by Ctank.4170)

Thief Stealth Issues

Ctank.4170

I just thought about something how I know Blinding Powder is a bug. If I use it out of combat, or when I am not near any enemy, it will stealth me and any allies around me. If this is the case, it surely means it is always supposed to stealth me; unfortunately, it seems the when the enemy is immune to the blinding (which happens first), it cancels the stealth action.

Thief Stealth Issues

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

I just used Blinding Powder while fighting dredge and, though they ignored the Blind effect, I was stealthed 3/3 attempts.

Thief Stealth Issues

Ctank.4170

Hey Jeffrey, thanks for the reply. I’ve noticed it when fighting champions in the dungeon. Let me do some more tests so I can provide more appropriately details.

Thief Stealth Issues

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

@ Ctank,
I sometimes experience it too. Not realy often but still. I find 1 thing more importend to mention. You’re second issue Auto targeting while in stealth. Today i was shot by the John Woo shot ability of a thief while in stealth. Only way to evade it is to dodge in stealth. But this must indeed drop away as soon invisibilty kicks in because " Last refuge" is sometimes what the name says while everything is on cd.

@ Jeffrey,

Hope that you also find some spare time to check this issue.
Thx in advance.

Thief Stealth Issues

Ctank.4170

Ok. So, the only thing that I can tell you is absolutely different when I’ve had this happen is the color of the word “immune.” If only happens when the word is white. I know, this seems like a completely stupid point, but right now, until friends get on so I can do dungeons, it is the best I have.