Thief's Improvisation trait skill

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Einzelganger.4152

Einzelganger.4152

Improvisation trait skill – Stealing recharges all skills of one type (venoms, signets, traps, tricks, or deceptions)(Random one of five).

I currently am using all deception skills (blinding powder, shadowstep, and shadow refuge). After I use them all and I receive the cooldown timers I have noticed that the steal button will trigger the steal ability but it will not trigger the recharge of the skills of one type or any for that matter. This must be addressed otherwise take this skill out of the game.

Posted by: Algoran.3719

Algoran.3719

I would guess that means that the Steal Ability randomly chose one of the other four (venoms, signets, traps, or tricks). The one it chooses may not be based on the skills you have equipped. How many times did you test this out?

This seems like it would be a pretty bad design decision, but if it only chose from the type of skills you had equipped, it may be overpowered.

(edited by Algoran.3719)

Posted by: Einzelganger.4152

Einzelganger.4152

Your point is valid. The above description of the Improvisation trait skill does state a random one of five, however it does not state whether the specific utility skills (venoms, signets, traps, tricks, or deceptions) have to be equipped or not to be randomly chosen to trigger and recharge. I agree that this would be a huge unfair advantage if my original thought patterns were correct, hence is why I chose these skills in the first place. Thanks for sharing your thoughts because I think you are correct on that it randomly chooses any of the 5 skills whether equipped or not, to recharge upon steal. Just would like further clarification from the thief devs.