Thief's are able to hold control points as long as they want

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DreaIVIS.4571

DreaIVIS.4571

Today our server Aurora Glade was playing against other servers and there was one thief who held the keep from our whole server. We tried putting aoe spells down but he was able to be hidden for almost 100% of the time. He just had to hit one person to go back to invisibility. We lost the keep to enemy zerg even we held the spot for at least 15 minutes.

This happened for a second time with a supply camp a while after the first incident.

It can’t be possible that this is your intention with thief’s abilities. I hope for immediate fix on this as all our efforts to take those places were in vain and no aoe or targeting was able to take him down.

DreaIVIS.4571

Could someone confirm if this is a bug/abuse or something you intend to let happen in the future?

Posted by: xok.2915

xok.2915

All time hide , i was there , 10’ – try – kill – thief …

Posted by: kokobloko.5318

kokobloko.5318

Well… the following footage is from aurora glade approximately 28-10-2012 14:20 +2 GMT.

If any GM wants to investigate the specific incident please feel free to contact me directly to provide you the account name of the player I censored on the video.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Its not a bug at the moment.

If you want to kill him blind him as that will stop him from cloaking with CnD

There is a rending lag right now as the game has to load assests from disk that prevents him from appearing right away. To target him earlier bind closest target and spam it till you get a target then CC your target.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

kokobloko.5318

Well, i don’t think that there is such an issue at the specific point. There was only one enemy and approx 10 allies nearby. We fought this guy for at least 5 mins after rest enemies died. So, i don’t believe that the game engine was unloading assets to free textures since 1gb is far from enough in the specific point. Even if was unloading/loading same guys textures repeatedly I’m running the game on OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, i believe that 550mb/sec read speed along with 0.1 ms seek time is pretty fast for a player’s textures.

(edited by kokobloko.5318)

DreaIVIS.4571

He was visible quite a lot more than the thief that we fought earlier. It’s pretty ridiculous though.

Posted by: Shining KoW.4683

Shining KoW.4683

I saw this in a video, it’s not a bug.

Posted by: mfryder.7236

mfryder.7236

When a thief is dual daggers, he has plenty of opportunity to be able to go invisible. However, every time he uses a skill that lets him go invisible, there is a 5 second cooldown that stops him from going invisible again, regardless of it being an attack or a skill. They have already been nerfed because thiefs use to be able to CnD and Backstab 2x in a row with no cooldown. If you run into a thief that is constantly going invis… just swing your sword or use some roots/ CC. Being invis does not mean being invincible. I take out thiefs who use shadow refuge all the time because i know he is stuck in that small circle and ill just use all of my AoEs in the circle. Half the time I fight a thief that likes invis, I spam abilities and they wind up dead. So take it to the thief and dont just sit there and take that CnD attack.

kokobloko.5318

So, is what he is does actually possible based on some build? If yes, can you please give me a link from the web to try it on my own character?

DreaIVIS.4571

When a thief is dual daggers, he has plenty of opportunity to be able to go invisible. However, every time he uses a skill that lets him go invisible, there is a 5 second cooldown that stops him from going invisible again, regardless of it being an attack or a skill. They have already been nerfed because thiefs use to be able to CnD and Backstab 2x in a row with no cooldown. If you run into a thief that is constantly going invis… just swing your sword or use some roots/ CC. Being invis does not mean being invincible. I take out thiefs who use shadow refuge all the time because i know he is stuck in that small circle and ill just use all of my AoEs in the circle. Half the time I fight a thief that likes invis, I spam abilities and they wind up dead. So take it to the thief and dont just sit there and take that CnD attack.

The lag or something makes it impossible to stun or use manual attack. They don’t hit and they don’t work. Aoe didn’t seem to have effect since there was well over 10 people at a time spamming Aoe. Personally I did traps, stunning and rooting with no success since the maximum time he was visible was just the visual effect of him going into stealth, so we didn’t even have time to click on his name. This was in the lord room. At the camp the maximum time I saw him was 1,5-2 seconds and most of time it was way under that time period.

kokobloko.5318

Likewise, I just got another video of the same guy doing the exact same thing at the same place. It’s pretty annoying since we can’ get the camp for the time he is inside the circle. This time the video length is 10 minutes oO. So whether it is a game exploit or a specific build that allows such a practice, i believe it should be fixed.