"This item is currently being obscured by another"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ToastedPhoenix.6457

ToastedPhoenix.6457

Hello fellow guild wars players

I’ve now been running around with the pirate armor skin for my head slot item since lvl 30’ish, and i haven’t used any transmutation stone to get, it just that every single headslot item I’ve picked up have had that skin. I didn’t think much of it until a few days ago were I saw that it said “This item is currently being obscured by another” at the bottom of the item description plus when i went to the dungeon armor vendors the all the skins for the medium armor were looking like the pirate armor. So i seem to be stuck with the pirate hat. I’m a male sylvari ranger btw.
Is there anything i can do to undo this or will i just have to wait for a patch to fix it?

Attachments:

Posted by: Tynged.3614

Tynged.3614

I have this exact same issue.

“This item is currently being obscured by another.” No transmutation stones used. All dungeon armors preview identically. My character’s a male Sylvari ranger as well.

No idea how to fix this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I always see pirate armor whenever I look at dungeon armor from the NPCs….but, I don’t have that ‘item being obscured’ message on anything…at least, I never noticed it
I only got my pirate hat recently, but I have been seeing pirate armor on preview at dungeon armor NPCs for awhile
I have had pirate coat for some time
I am an Asura Ranger…no use of transmutation stones

Posted by: Pie Formation.8196

Pie Formation.8196

All dungeon armors preview identically because you’re looking at the rares, which are identical in appearance. The second tab has exotics.

And that hat is just really, really common.

Not sure what the message is about, though.

Miyazawa Kengo — Nefarious Mushroom Plan [gasp] — Stormbluff Isle
“Come! Break your weapons upon me!”

Posted by: ToastedPhoenix.6457

ToastedPhoenix.6457

Thx didn’t notice i was looking at the wrong tab

Posted by: Deificus.5864

Deificus.5864

Hate to necro an old thread, but I have a helmet doing this very thing. I’ve just noticed it for the first time tonight, and I’ve had this helmet for about a month. Charr Warrior, Draconic Helm. It’s not transmuted.

Posted by: Vahko.2174

Vahko.2174

I have a Sylvari Guardian, just crafted myself a Draconic Helm, put it on, and the same message popped up.
I thought it had to do with visual clipping but I took of all of my other armor and it made no difference.
Any help with this GW Support?