Timberline Falls - Krewe Leader Dobbs stuck

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

when I turn my volume up, my car goes Bump. C’mon Miss Gray, I know you read all my posts. Can we get some feed back?

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

This needs to stay on the first page until a Dev responds.

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Post instance IP’s, perhaps with any luck we’ll get reboots.

Posted by: Spanner.7835

Spanner.7835

And still bugged….

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

can I just keep replying to this until someone who works for Anet responds one way or the other. I feel like I am being ignored. (common theme for this game, I know)

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

Posted by: Cyvil.1605

Cyvil.1605

Apparently, no fix for this yet. I guess I will submit a ticket.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Apparently, no fix for this yet. I guess I will submit a ticket.

Goodluck with wasting supports time…Honestly though this needs to get looked at if it isnt already…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: nocipher.5342

nocipher.5342

This seems to be a widespread problem with events. My guess is that this is still an issue because it involves some fundamental behavior with their engine. Here is a short list of events that get stuck and refuse to reset:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protect_krewe_leader_Dobbs_as_the_krewe_clears_the_excavation_site
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protect_Scholar_Breandan_while_he_examines_the_seabed_near_Broken_Spit
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Devouring_the_Brand
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assault_Foulbear_Kraal_by_killing_its_leaders_before_the_ogres_can_rally

It is worth noting that all of these are now tied to some sort of unlock (either a trait or a collection). If Anet wants to tie these events to unlocks, they should really fix these events. How offputting is it to know that Anet knowingly (all of these have been bugged for over a year and are labeled as such in the wiki) attached extra content to these broken events?

As a player who is relatively new, I am rather upset that I cannot unlock all of the traits through the associated tasks. Instead, I must spend gold and skill points due to negligence on Anet’s part. They have not even given an official statement on these issues.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

It’s still bugged. Please, can we get at least a “we know about it” response from ANet after a year?!

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

Wow, that’s one old bug.
I need quinta the vendor to purchase an item to complete the collection.
But nope, Anet is uber lazy.
Pls fix this!

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

How can they add achievements and unlocks to events they ‘know’ are broken? That’s ridiculous. They should either fix them, or remove the items necessary, or move the items to other vendors.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I’d really like to get that Brewmaster achievement completed but I guess not going to happen anytime soon?

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

Yeah, can we get a red response here?

Why do you keep an item in the Brewmaster collection for completion when you know there’s an event that for over a year doesn’t reset correctly?

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You can buy the drink for the brewmaster achievement on the TP. Simply buy it there, for a few copper.

Posted by: MissMijo.3048

MissMijo.3048

I’m trying to buy the Ancient Stone Summit Shoulder Spike. Please fix the event!

Posted by: white dragon.3147

white dragon.3147

soooo, HoT came out super cool made btw.

But this event is still bugged, so i’m wondering is this on the list any time soon to get fixed, or is there just a mecanic we are all missing like a meta ar something?

thank you for your all your hard work

Posted by: Anijia.4701

Anijia.4701

What the hell, dev team ? have you any kind of interest or care aboout, for your player community ? more than TWO YEARS, that event is a trap, MORE THAN TWO YEARS !
What’s going on ? what’s the matter ?
Please answers to this thread !!

Posted by: meanddubby.3471

meanddubby.3471

I’ve been waiting forever for this to be fixed as well. I think the devs hate us.

Member of [GSCH] – Banana Pancakes

Posted by: Xeno.1298

Xeno.1298

Two years later and we’re STILL waiting for a fix! TWO YEARS! If you’re not going to fix this, please give us some alternative to getting the collection item.

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

I brought this to the attention of GM Awesomeness, and he said he’d check to see if it was on the radar, but no confirmation as of yet.

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

My attention is gotten! I’m working with our QA department right now on a list of broken/stalled events (including this one). You should expect to see them start appearing on the Known Issue Tracker tonight, with the rest of the ones I’m aware of up by Thursday evening. If you know of a busted event that is not on the tracker on Friday, please shoot me a detailed PM and I’ll check it out. The more info you can provide the better – which NPCs are broken, items that don’t spawn right, the name of the event step it stalls on, that sort of thing. Thanks!

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

My attention is gotten! I’m working with our QA department right now on a list of broken/stalled events (including this one). You should expect to see them start appearing on the Known Issue Tracker tonight, with the rest of the ones I’m aware of up by Thursday evening. If you know of a busted event that is not on the tracker on Friday, please shoot me a detailed PM and I’ll check it out. The more info you can provide the better – which NPCs are broken, items that don’t spawn right, the name of the event step it stalls on, that sort of thing. Thanks!

Ohh finally, I have been waiting to get my last collection item for months now. However the last time I tried it the NPC wasn’t even indicating an event starting or something. So, while you are at it could you lower the time between spawns? I heard somewhere that this event was used to have a long time between spawns.

Posted by: Sequekhan.2091

Sequekhan.2091

Please check out this again/continue to do so:

Broken NPC: Krewe Leader Dobbs (58)
Map: Timberline Falls
Waypoint: Rankor Ruins Waypoint
Event: Protect krewe leader Dobbs as the krewe clears the excavation site

He’s still just standing there, and I waited quite a while.

Posted by: Fanemater.2087

Fanemater.2087

I sent you a PM about this event as it doesn’t seem to be on there and it’s still happening.

orenwolf.1953

So, GM Awesomeness, got an awesome update for us? This issue still isn’t on the issue tracker – are you still compiling your list? Anything we can do to assist?

Posted by: Industria.9260

Industria.9260

I’m anxiously awaiting the exciting conclusion. :V

orenwolf.1953

Gm Awesomeness, it’s been two months, and we haven’t seen this appear on the tracker yet. Anything more we can do, now that your “attention is gotten!”?

Posted by: Kiryu Seiran.2163

Kiryu Seiran.2163

And this is still bugged 3 years later…

orenwolf.1953

Happy to report that this is now in “Verifying” status on the tracker!!

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/98802888