Time to fix Asuran T3

Time to fix Asuran T3

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Karl L.8924

Karl L.8924

It is time the Asuran T3 light armor gets fixed. (Also known as Savant armor.) This is more specifically about the male version as there are way too many visual problems for a set of armor that one gets for the visuals… I recall an attempt at fixing the female version of the armor by giving it the male model. Those with female Asura quickly rose up to request it be changed back to its previous version. All the issues that had shown up on this “new” female model were already readily available on the male version. You have since changed the female version back to its really well modeled “npc” version. (I call it the “npc” version because it is the same or almost similar version to what one can find on Zojja.) It is time that us with male Asura and the T3 armor get a well modeled version of the armor.

All images are attached to this post.

Image 1:

Here is an image that shows the clipping which happens with the legs. As you can see there is clipping with the legs as well as a weird lump on the left (your left) side of the armor right next to the characters right hand. The clipping persists through almost any action whether the legs move or not. It becomes very annoying if you are one who likes to check out that nice armor you just bought for 100g+.

Image 2:

This one might be harder to see but there is a decent sized gap between where the legs and the torso meet. this gap can be seen around the most of the front half of the armor set. It gets smaller and less noticeable as you make your from the characters left hand to right hand.

Image 3:

This last images shows the stretching issues with the shoulders. Not much to be said about this one as it is clearly obvious.

These are problems that need to be amended. The quickest way to do so would be to give the male Asura population access to the female model. However this means that the male chest armor would lose its shoulder pieces. (Shoulder pieces that are tied to the chest armor and not an individual piece like they should be.) The loss of the shoulders is minor considering the fact that they cause quite a bit of visual issues. It is about time this be fixed.

Heres a post by someone suffering from the same issue: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/asura/Am-I-the-only-one-with-bugged-T3-light/first#post1974239

And heres a post detailing the changes that happened to the female armor (which has since been reverted): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/asura/Tier-3-light-cultural-armor-changes/first#post1527981

Attachments:

Time to fix Asuran T3

Karl L.8924

Bump. This issue still persists. Female version is still unbroken and would definitely look good as a replacement for this visually broken version.

Time to fix Asuran T3

Karl L.8924

This is not acceptable for one of the most expensive sets of armor in the game. A set of armor that is bought for the visuals.

Anyways more clipping to be found. As well as an interesting find.

The lower half of the armor set clearly has a big chunk missing compared to that of an unarmored Asura.

You can’t ignore those of us who play a male Asura and only give the ones who play females what they want.

Attachments:

Time to fix Asuran T3

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

You have my full support regarding this request (even though I’m not sure that helps in any way..)

I’m one of those female Asura, who suffered from these bugs just for a few weeks, when they somehow (mistakenly) replaced the female model with the male one. I didn’t even want to look at my char anymore or make screens of it.

These issues with the male T3 armor are something I simply can’t understand for an armor that expensive – especially in a game where a big part of the end content is based on skins. The bug is known for ages now, and has never been fixed…

I don’t understand, why ANet didn’t replace the buggy male armor too, when they switched back the models for the female one… As far as I know in case of Asura there generally are no gender specific differences in armor – so I don’t understand why the T3 light Armor should be the exception.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Time to fix Asuran T3

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

And pleeease add a 4th dye slot for the arm/goggles <.<

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Time to fix Asuran T3

Posted by: Amphi.8432

Amphi.8432

4th dye slot would be nice for the arms and goggles, Also, fixing the armor issues itself would make many people happy. Another thing I would like is the have my Asura keep his hair when he puts on the t3 helmet…

Time to fix Asuran T3

Posted by: Agrael.8512

Agrael.8512

All male Asura t3 need fix

Attachments: