Tixx' present is no present at all?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: badbutter.5017

badbutter.5017

The same thing happened to me last night. Spoke with Tixx, and received nothing. The chest was open next to me, but I was unable to interact with it.

Posted by: Rannug.2731

Rannug.2731

hmm.. must be very random.. I got my stuff, my guild mate didn’t (same time). His inventory had slots left and the chest didn’t give anything..
Guess I am nice and he is not..

Posted by: acutemuse.9824

acutemuse.9824

Adding my name to the list. I talked to Tixx in LA but didn’t realize the chest was there and logged out of the game and my bags were full. When I got back on later that night my husband told me about the chest but I couldn’t interact with it and Tixx kept saying one present per person.

Posted by: Sokol.2730

Sokol.2730

Same problem here. Not receveid any gifts=(

Posted by: Daemon.7682

Daemon.7682

Got to say the PvP and PvE should count as different chest not the same. Bit disappointed in that. The PvP stuff is kind of pointless. Some finishers and a backpack that does nothing.

Posted by: Drayven.6152

Drayven.6152

No Gifts for me anymore updates on timing for a Fix?

Posted by: Adimarchus Saphir.7139

Adimarchus Saphir.7139

Didn’t receive the gifts as well, tried to interact with the chest but nothing

Posted by: Strix.7123

Strix.7123

I have this problem also. Talked first with Tixx in Heart of the Mists. Received the gift and when I went to open it no items appeared in my inventory and it disappeared (had plenty of room). Went to Lion’s Arch and talked with Tixx again. Said I had already received my present. Could not interact with chest or loot it. Went BACK to Heart of the Mists and saw Tixx chest there. I could loot it but it was 4 Wintersday themed finishers and a PvP Toymakers Bag that has NO STATS. What the hell?

I just want my cogs and my PvE back piece. I hope there is a fix to this soon.

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

I have this problem also. Talked first with Tixx in Heart of the Mists. Received the gift and when I went to open it no items appeared in my inventory and it disappeared (had plenty of room). Went to Lion’s Arch and talked with Tixx again. Said I had already received my present. Could not interact with chest or loot it. Went BACK to Heart of the Mists and saw Tixx chest there. I could loot it but it was 4 Wintersday themed finishers and a PvP Toymakers Bag that has NO STATS. What the hell?

I just want my cogs and my PvE back piece. I hope there is a fix to this soon.

I don’t think you’ll see a fix. It’s one present PER account and you used your one turn up. You chose the PVP present and received it. So you have no issue of loss, more of regret for a bad selection.

It is unfortunate that you chose the wrong present type but at least you got a present!!! Unlike I and many other people who had Tixx+the chest completely bug out on them, we have nothing, zip, zilch.

(edited by Parvati.5780)

Strix.7123

Also, I’m gonna be sooo angry if it turns out we had to choose between PVP and PVE presents and nobody told us. I just happened to be passing through the mists and talked to Tixx. If I had known there was a choice I would have absolutely NOT gotten a gift from him. The 15 slot bag and the cogs are worth a thousand times more than a zero stats back piece and some stupid finishers. Grr!

Strix.7123

I don’t think you’ll see a fix. You chose the PVP present and received it. So you have no issue of loss like I and many of the other people who have yet to be able to get a present.

It is unfortunate that you chose the wrong present type but at least you got a present!!! Unlike I and many other people who had Tixx+the chest complete bug out on them, we have nothing, zip, zilch.

I don’t agree with you and I WILL be disappointed if there is not a fix. It’s not a choice if you don’t know you’re making one and the PVP presents are worthless.

Parvati.5780

I don’t think you’ll see a fix. You chose the PVP present and received it. So you have no issue of loss like I and many of the other people who have yet to be able to get a present.

It is unfortunate that you chose the wrong present type but at least you got a present!!! Unlike I and many other people who had Tixx+the chest complete bug out on them, we have nothing, zip, zilch.

I don’t agree with you and I WILL be disappointed if there is not a fix. It’s not a choice if you don’t know you’re making one and the PVP presents are worthless.

I edited my original post. Anyway. Read back in this thread, page 2 post 1— the developer states that it is one present per account. The quote for convenience:

Oops, I was mistaken. It’s once, period, per account. Sorry for the confusion!

You got yours and therefore have no issue of loss like anyone else here. So you are basically asking to get the second present as well in a thread where people have not got any present. Yes, anet didn’t make it clear that present from the mist would be different from the one in LA. But that’s how it is.

(edited by Parvati.5780)

Strix.7123

They can have their PVP present back. I don’t want two presents. I want the PVE present like everyone else wants the PVE present. It’s not rocket science.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

I got my pve present but I want to say that I do think it was just silly to make a pve version and a pvp version and then expect people to choose one of the two without knowing the rules. That is just plain bad bad planning.

Posted by: Legionius.3641

Legionius.3641

Same issue. LA Overflow, chest open after talking to him but, unusable. No present. Twentyish free bag spaces.

Trying again on another character on my normal server did nothing and had an open chest.

I haven’t played in a few days so I have never gotten a present before and can’t be flagged as having received one for the day.

Posted by: Harbinger of the Light.4790

Harbinger of the Light.4790

Adding my name to the list… I didn’t get anything and can’t interact with the chest either.

Posted by: rookhazel.8524

rookhazel.8524

Tixx got stingy with my present too, only, I wasn’t in the mists.
I went to Tixx in LA to see what was up and he offered me a present. So, I accepted it and as I did I got an error message and was sent back to the player select screen. I never got the present and Tixx has been holding out on me ever since. The chest doesn’t work and there’s plenty of space in my inventory.

Posted by: nukesthegreat.8624

nukesthegreat.8624

i talked to tixx and did not get my gift either lots of space in my inventory as well.

Posted by: DarkSol.6785

DarkSol.6785

Just an FYI still haven’t gotten the Gift from Tixx.

Posted by: Shampoo.7590

Shampoo.7590

:c no presents for us this christmas

Posted by: Retro.6831

Retro.6831

Add me as another person disappointed that the PVE and PVP chests eliminate your ability to get one or the other. I was just passing through the Mists on my way to LA and didn’t know I had shot myself in the foot. I’ve never done a round of sPVP in my entire time playing, and now I’m stuck with goofy Finishers I’ll never use and robbed of things I’ll actually use?

I realize some people aren’t getting ANY gift, and that sucks, but I feel this really should have been clarified somewhere. Very irritating, and I hope a fix or something is in the works for this.

Posted by: Anomander.9634

Anomander.9634

Same boat here… Opened the chest in the Mists on the way to LA, not knowing there would be one there as well… Is it intended that the PVP folks don’t get a 15 slot bag when everyone else does? That seems somehow wrong…

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

Heard Tixx was giving out presents in the Mists, so I visited and got my present. However I heard you can get a 15 slot bag from Tixx in LA, and I visited him (overflow of course), but he said I already got my gift.

Can you only get either the PvP gift or the PvE gift? Because I feel cheated out that I got a PvP one I didn’t want, rather than the PvE one.

Parvati.5780

Can you only get either the PvP gift or the PvE gift?

Yes, one or the other, not both.

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I did this last night.
The chest was no obvious. It did not look like a chest to me. its right next to him in this pile of wintersday stuff.
its looks more like a pastel colored coffin sitting at an odd angle.
I got the message my present might in a chest i thought he meant the pvp locker.
went there and then came back to him and from that angle i saw the tooltip to open the chest.

it was a toy bag with no stats. no idea what it does but it went in my pvp back slot and showed as a bag of present on my back.

Posted by: Aegis Dominion.4708

Aegis Dominion.4708

I logged in at the Heart of the Mists, noticed Tixx was there. Decided to talk with him and receive an unexpected gift from him. I didn’t. Chest worked however. A useless toybag backpack and 6 finishers. Lame, but they were free. However now I’m upset to find out their was a PvE Tixx with MUCH better rewards. I’m a PvE player who only uses the HotM to teleport to LA. There had better be a fix for this. It should be once per account, but one PvE AND one PvP.

Posted by: Ceithlenn.8430

Ceithlenn.8430

Add my name to the list of did not receive anything either. I haven’t been to the Hear tof the Mists so I did not try there. I tried Tixx in LA. I talked to him and such then the Queue for going out of Over flow and into Lion’s Arch came up I clicked it. When I loaded I had nothing in my inventory and the chest appeared to be opened already. I talked to Tixx again and he said he gave it to me. So I received nothing.

Ceithlenn – Necromancer
Hell’s Disciples [HD] – Commander
Henge Of Denravi since beta

Posted by: Somiii.5071

Somiii.5071

Add me to the list aswell. Talked to tixx didnt recieve anything cant op the chest cant do a thing

Posted by: Anomander.9634

Anomander.9634

Shouldn’t both the PvE and PvP chests have had a 15 slot bag? It seems strange to leave it out of one… I’m hoping that was a mistake, but if it was intended, I’d like to know why.

Posted by: oneeyeddeadguy.8249

oneeyeddeadguy.8249

I had same problem with Tixx talked to him & no present now he says i already got 1

Posted by: chocthunder.4291

chocthunder.4291

this also happened to me, went into the mists, took the portal to lions arch, went into overflow and talked to tixx which followed with him saying i recieved the present, i then clicked on him again, saying that line one per person and to check the chest. the chest is open and i checked pvp tixx to and the same thing happened. it apears that using the pvp map mist to get to lions arch seems to bug some accounts resulting in no one recieving the bag. hopefully there will be a fix or we can recieve the bag :/

Posted by: seacanari.4583

seacanari.4583

I got nothing too glad to know its not only me
It really stinks :/ I wish they’d fix this bug

But even if I don’t get anything from Tixx, I must say the Plush Griffon from the dungeon is adorable

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

pvp toymaker’s bag.
Just opened it.
Nothing was inside.
:( Sad face. I was really hoping for an unbreakable bell. I’ve opened thousands of these gift presents and still haven’t picked one up.

Posted by: Xidra.5789

Xidra.5789

Note: there is a thread in the Wintersday forum which is regarding the same issue https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Giant-Gift-The-holder-of-the-Legendary-Bell/page/4#post1054403

No, that’s a different thread. this one is about Tixx bugging, saying you’ve had your gift and go check the chest. The people here are unhappy because they didn’t get anything – often something to do with being in the OF server when speaking to him.

Yep, sorry. That was my mistake. I linked to the wrong thread. Here is the actual thread, in the Winterday forum, that is regarding this same issue: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/No-rewards-from-Tixx-in-LA

Sorry again for my mistake,
Xid

Posted by: Legionius.3641

Legionius.3641

Got my present in the mail a few hours after the issue. Thank you.

Posted by: KaiiaDown.5976

KaiiaDown.5976

So I got a letter in the mail today with the new present, so that’s awesome….HOWEVER, my husband, who did not experience the initial glitch, received the same gift…meaning he now has TWO of the 15-slot gift boxes…so everyone who got screwed over….still gets screwed over? By only getting one?

Posted by: Kaizokumousy.5412

Kaizokumousy.5412

oh noooo!!! I received a gift on my mail today but I was in a middle of making character so I just looked ta it and ignored the mail.then because I was just testing this character I deleted it. BUT! when I log in on my main account I noticed that the mail with a gift from tixx was gone!!! OMG!!!:( I’m so sad

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

So I got a letter in the mail today with the new present, so that’s awesome….HOWEVER, my husband, who did not experience the initial glitch, received the same gift…meaning he now has TWO of the 15-slot gift boxes…so everyone who got screwed over….still gets screwed over? By only getting one?

Better two 15-slot bags than someone with 3 minis and someone with 2. This is the fastest less discriminating way to solve it and a 15-slot bog doesn’t cost much.

oh noooo!!! I received a gift on my mail today but I was in a middle of making character so I just looked ta it and ignored the mail.then because I was just testing this character I deleted it. BUT! when I log in on my main account I noticed that the mail with a gift from tixx was gone!!! OMG!!!:( I’m so sad

It should be impossible to delete a mail with attacched items.

Posted by: PandFlash.7130

PandFlash.7130

It’s an additional present for those who made all 5 days. It’s not “chest’s present”. I just heard about it from my guild. Still waiting . . . .

Parvati.5780

Edit: so it is not the fix? or is it? (I got a present by mail.)

Also, I just went to LA this morning to try to open the chest, see if it working. I don’t see the chest anymore and Tixx no longer chats.

(edited by Parvati.5780)

Posted by: Amti.1207

Amti.1207

It was very disappointing when so many others around you received the rewards out of the chest from Tixx. These would be very useful to all of us here who experienced the bug of the items not going into our spacious bags.

Please adress this and give these rewards to your many dedicated players that rather enjoy GW. Thank you.

Posted by: Metafrank.9017

Metafrank.9017

Oh well, while we are are still screwed compared to the ones that didn’t run into a bug, at least everyone has SOMETHING now.

The Spirit of Guild Wars
† November 16th, 2012

Posted by: Feelmenu.3946

Feelmenu.3946

Just adding my name to the Tixx bug. I did the same, talked to Tixx in overflow, transferred and no gift, chest is open..and I am unable to receive anything. I must have been bad this year..no gift for me

Posted by: cgnius.8539

cgnius.8539

I didn’t get a gift either

Posted by: windy.7185

windy.7185

Hurrah!!! Tixx’s present was in my mail today. Thank you for the fast response !!!

Maybe your husband has to post here himself so they can see who exactly has the problem. Just an idea.

(edited by windy.7185)

Kaizokumousy.5412

It should be impossible to delete a mail with attacched items.

→I did not deleted the mail. I just read it but didn’t pay too much attention. I haven’t even claimed it yet. and it wasn’t on my inventory

I was in the middle of making character but because I didn’t like it and deleted it.but when I logged in on my main account, I can’t find the present anymore!!!:(

I’m new in this game, so I don’t know so much.But I think the mail box has a bug.

Kaizokumousy.5412

I think Anet should really work in their mailing system.Because it’s bugged!
there should also be records of sent items. time, date, what is sent.and to whom we sent it. just so if we made a mistake.

also if all accounts are connected then I should be able to read and received items that are not claimed from friends. *( NOT the mails that we recieve during quest, )But just the regular mail we get from friends.)

and that even if I accidentally deleted my character I should still be able to read the unclaimed mail on my other characters.

-There should also be a warning when we are deleting characters.They should say " YOu stilll have items on this account, Are you sure you want to delete it?"

You know~ T_T

Posted by: Karsusk.5247

Karsusk.5247

My guild members got a mail with their not received presents. I got Jack. just mail everyone the present next year. Oh and open a test server for god’s sake. Your unpolished and ill conceived patches are ruining this game.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

That would explain the empty mail I got from someone.

Posted by: Zkalima.5624

Zkalima.5624

I am not sure if we need to report it here if we did not get a gift, but here goes, since sending in a bug report netted exactly nothing. I also did not receive a gift. No gift, chest inaccessible, no mail.