Tome of Influence (seeking update)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

On August 25 I used the Tome of Influence and did not receive any influence. I filed a ticket in-game and under support on these forums (on different days), but I still have not heard anything back nor have I received the influence that I paid for.

I would just like to know what is going on.

(edited by Fiddlestyx.9714)

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I created a guild on the first day of the headstart, and then used my Tome of Influence (which I had from my CE) to boost Influence points, however I received no points.
Any chance I could get a new tome that’ll actually work?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Teno.8970

Teno.8970

I actually had this same thing (Well, except it wasn’t my guild), submitted a bug report when it happened (well, an hour or so after) and then made a support ticket on the 27th as well. Still haven’t heard back.

Posted by: Falsetto.9680

Falsetto.9680

Happened to me too, and according to google also to a alot of other players. Have not heard back from support on my ticket but figured that the thing they were working on with DD items would apply to us too. It had something to do with people grabbing the mail and then deleting the character, thus losing Rytlock, the chalice and the tome. I think they said something about working on that problem but also that it wasn’t really top prio which I can totally understand.
As long as I get it back sooner or later I’m happy

Posted by: Valaris.1324

Valaris.1324

The other day I purchased the Digital Deluxe upgrade with gems. I received all of my items, but the Tome of Influence did not work. I was representing my guild and the 1000 influence never got added to the guild. It did however correctly update my Community Achievements. There’s also another problem with my Mistfire Wolf skill not working. I am level 45 and cannot select or purchase the skill.

[Incident: 120902-004810]

Posted by: BardaTheHobo.9752

BardaTheHobo.9752

I had the same thing happen to my tome of influence at headstart and still haven’t heard anything :/

Dextarr Thunderfuse – Charr Engineer
Rragar Ragehammer – Charr Warrior
Achilles Adrastos – Human Warrior

Posted by: Trizz.7543

Trizz.7543

Yes, I also have that problem as well. Opened a support ticket and still waiting for a response

-Zytrix ;3

-Zytrix
Elementalist
Proud member of Subterfuge Gaming

Posted by: Caedere.9427

Caedere.9427

I ran into the same issue, opened a support ticket back during the headset, never heard any sort of response.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

They already said they can’t “refund” that, even if it works or not they have no way to verify it.

What is madness since I payed for that Items and they aren’t working, then it’s our fault?

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: CDL.1890

CDL.1890

That is not good enough. They should have a record of using the Tome, and even if the occasional person uses the Tome twice (which I think is unlikely) it would be a nice goodwill move to assume that people who report that the Tome didn’t work are NOT cranks. Just make sure that people only get 1 re-allocation of the Tome. 1000 Influence is a big deal early on in a guild, and not being able to give it because of a glitch is not in the spirit of buying the bonus pack. Arguably the Tome is the best feature of the pack.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Yeah, hopefully we can get it back.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: mnwolfboy.9348

mnwolfboy.9348

Hello,
During the Three Day head start, I made the mistake of using my Tome of Influence. The tome disappeared and 1000 influence WAS added to the guild I made. I quickly purchased a upgrade for 500 Influence. Anyways we had a issue of World being full and no one could get on to the world I was on. We all wanted to be on the same world. So I though okay ill just change over to another world where everyone can get on and I can add them. Before I knew it it all 1000 was gone, no upgrade was made, and Tome never seen again. I heard other people lost there Tomes or never received them.

(edited by mnwolfboy.9348)

Posted by: Blargh.9756

Blargh.9756

i also have the tome of influence, however i cannot use it because i use the influence scroll [400 influence points] i get from the main quest. it says i already use this item, hence unable to use it again….. this kinda make the tome of influence i get from the deluxe version useless.

Posted by: Ksog.2563

Ksog.2563

I used the Tome of Influence in the head start, and the guild didt get influence for it ..

Posted by: Eldara.9815

Eldara.9815

The Major rune of Corruption is supposed to give +7 Condition Damage on kill, it is currently only giving +4 a stack thus making it inferior to the minor rune (Which gives +5)

Posted by: Voxnor.1657

Voxnor.1657

Do you have any screenshots or a small test case? That would be very helpful.

“Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” – Voltaire

Posted by: caufenkamp.7210

caufenkamp.7210

I believe it was either Saturday or Sunday that i used my tome of influence for my guild to receive 1000 influence. The problem is that the item diapered but no influence was given to my guild. I gave it a couple days to see if it took awhile but it never came up. I made sure to check that i was representing the guild and i was. Would like to know if there is a solution to this or what. Id like to thank anyone in advance for looking at this for me.

I was on my character Kinnuriel at the time.

Kinnuriel | 80 Elementalist | [MF] Malum Factum
www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: gimek.8645

gimek.8645

Minor rune is bugged also, just tested and +2 condition damage per level. I was in a zone for 15-25 but I didn’t think the runes scaled down like player level/stats did.

Attachments:

Posted by: Eshne.9518

Eshne.9518

I posted a bug report and put in a ticket on 8/26 about the Tome of Influence and Chalice of Glory no applying when used. I have not even gotten a canned response that the ticket has been noticed. Does anyone know if we are going to get these items that we paid for restored? Character is Sorami Ashling on the Tarrnished Coast server, representing and GM of House Valerius.

Posted by: General Yoghurtz.9542

General Yoghurtz.9542

Yeah same thing for me

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

Was the character your using when you used the tome of influence invited to the guild but not representing the guild?

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Posted by: Senji.4326

Senji.4326

I had the same issue and took the same action. Today I received an email from support they are looking into it. Hopefully will know something good soon!

In my case, I was the one who created the guild, and yes I was representing.

Posted by: Jops.6781

Jops.6781

I haven´t even gotten an answer yet, my ticket says “unresolved”.

Posted by: gimek.8645

gimek.8645

It seems like all rune effects are being scaled down alone with all other stats.

There was no real reason why weapon runes should be in the guild tome post, there are more than enough posts regarding runes not stacking that it should of been merged with.

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

I bought the deluxe version of GW2 just so I could help get our guild off to a good start, but the Tome did not work for me either. Can you please send me another? Otherwise am unsure why I gave you my money.

Fiddlestyx.9714

The character I used this on was the creator of the guild and was representing it.

Posted by: LeroyJenkins.1942

LeroyJenkins.1942

Same issue. I was rep’ing the guild. I did it with a friend also in the guild. He used his worked fine then right after I used mine and it didn’t work.

caufenkamp.7210

Still no reply to my ticket or forum post about the Tome of Influence. Its been 3-4 days.

www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i’ve had a few of my guildies saying they’ve used their tome to boost our guild, but when i check the history tab, only about half of them worked.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: JennD.9463

JennD.9463

We have a ticket from 8/26 and 8/28 that we still have had zero response on.

120826-012235
120828-021102

The ticket from 8/28 had significantly more detail, but was, in essence, a duplicate. Today I updated 8/26’s ticket with the detail, and closed the ticket from 8/28 to help streamline the process as previously suggested in the forums.

Essentially, two players – one being myself – used their Tome of Influence from the upgraded prepurchase for our guild. At the time both players were only in one guild and showed as representing our guild. Neither Tome provided any influence increase to the guild. It is also not listed in the guild history. The guild is Tyrian Assault Response Team. [TART] The server is Blackgate.

In the ticket itself are further details including player tags.

I understand you are experiencing a high volume of tickets, but any help, or really any response at all, would be appreciated as I have not received any communication regarding these tickets…one which was submitted 8/26, two weeks ago.

Two weeks without even a form letter regarding a real world money issue…. Please respond with something… I’ve been posting with this issue, since the forums went live, in any area that seems relevant.. game bugs, account issues, old/unresolved tickets, etc.. Still – no reply… We’re big fans, but the silence is deafening…

Please.

JennD.9463

We have a ticket from 8/26 and 8/28 that we still have had zero response on.

120826-012235
120828-021102

The ticket from 8/28 had significantly more detail, but was, in essence, a duplicate. Today I updated 8/26’s ticket with the detail, and closed the ticket from 8/28 to help streamline the process as previously suggested in the forums.

Essentially, two players – one being myself – used their Tome of Influence from the upgraded prepurchase for our guild. At the time both players were only in one guild and showed as representing our guild. Neither Tome provided any influence increase to the guild. It is also not listed in the guild history. The guild is Tyrian Assault Response Team. [TART] The server is Blackgate.

In the ticket itself are further details including player tags.

I understand you are experiencing a high volume of tickets, but any help, or really any response at all, would be appreciated as I have not received any communication regarding these tickets…one which was submitted 8/26, two weeks ago.

Two weeks without even a form letter regarding a real world money issue…. Please respond with something… I’ve been posting with this issue, since the forums went live, in any area that seems relevant.. game bugs, account issues, old/unresolved tickets, etc.. Still – no reply… We’re big fans, but the silence is deafening…

Please.

Posted by: Redviper.2051

Redviper.2051

Why did we spend extra money on the digital collector’s edition if not to benefit from these bonuses? If Anet is really saying they won’t do anything about it, then we need to file Better Business Bureau complaints since we have not received the product as advertised. Saying that they have no way to know if we’ve actually used it is ridiculous.

Posted by: General Yoghurtz.9542

General Yoghurtz.9542

well that is sadface

JennD.9463

16 Days

120826-012235

Fiddlestyx.9714

Still waiting for something.

Posted by: Aywren.5438

Aywren.5438

Yep. In the same boat here. I am sure I was representing the right guild, as I am the guild leader, and used the tome on my main character.

I used it during head start, so it’s been a few weeks without a reply to my ticket.

Nipp Mousetrap —http://whitecharr.tumblr.com/

JennD.9463

My ticket has now been updated to “In Progress.” I have hope again.

120826-012235

Fiddlestyx.9714

Mine has been updated to “In Progress” also. Faith in ANet restored.

(Now if they can just get rid of all these gold sellers.)

Posted by: nordicdragon.6052

nordicdragon.6052

I am experiencing this very same problem, Tome of Influence and Letter of Commendation used yesterday, neither gave the influence to my guild. I was 100% sure to be representing the guild at the moment. Guild influence history doesn’t show anything regarding using these items (it does show same items being used by other members several days ago succesfully), but my Character screen, achievements section Community achievements “Active Guild Member” shows that the influence was earned from using the items, yet it was never succesfully actually transferred to the guild.

The issue is somewhat worrying me as there is real money involved in buying the DD edition and the bonus item doesn’t seem to be working as supposed, so hopefully would hear if people have got any help regarding this issue.

Ticket number: #120915-003601

caufenkamp.7210

Any updates? Im still waiting myself

www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

As developers and fellow players, we understand your frustration regarding this issue, and I can assure you that we are tracking this and exploring solutions. In the meantime, thank you for your continued patience as we work to fix this!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Fiddlestyx.9714

12 days to get a mod response and he is a Rapid Response Embed(?). Thank you for the laugh!

But seriously, thank you for the response.

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I’m one of those that has been bleating about this for a while. Great to know it hasn’t been forgotten.

Anyhow, I had a thought – is it possible the reason it didn’t work for us, because we used it in the overflow?

I don’t know if I did or not, but it suddenly occurred to me that could be why, as originally I had no idea overflow servers were a mix of players from different servers, and, as I’ve heard there have been influence issues with switching servers, and overflow servers were more common at launch than the main servers, it seemed like it could be possible.

Posted by: QTRKOBRA.1827

QTRKOBRA.1827

I did use it in overflow^^ so I can verify that this bug happens in both situations.

Posted by: Barado.7945

Barado.7945

Any update on the status of these tickets? Been awhile since anything was heard.

Posted by: EPaiN.4980

EPaiN.4980

I’ve applied my Letter of Recommendation from the level 59 story quest yesterday.
It played the animation, I got an achievement for getting more influence, but the influence never got added to my guild, not even the next day.

Hope it’ll be fixed shortly, I’ve made an in-game support ticket for it.

Fiddlestyx.9714

Over a month and still no influence. I guess it’s a good thing I’m not playing the game anymore until the bugs a squashed.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Hey everyone,

I wanted to update you with where we’re at on this issue. While we don’t have a way to return influence you would have received or give you a replacement influence-giving item yet, we’re still actively working on a solution. Until we have more information, you probably won’t see an update on any related support tickets, but I assure you that this issue is still one that we’re aware of and want to fix.

In the meantime, please make sure to only use influence-giving items on your server’s main shard, as influence granted from these items on overflow shards is not applied.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve the game and iron out our post-launch bugs!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Fiddlestyx.9714

I just received a new Tome of Influence in the mail (literally a minute ago).

Thank you Anet for fixing this!!

Posted by: Constraint.8205

Constraint.8205

I experienced this bug as well. Any chance I can get my tome replaced? Thanks.