Tomes Of Knowledge- LIGHT SPAM BUG

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

I wasn’t sure where else to place this, but i do consider it to be a bug of some sort. I dont think it should be able to do this under the use of a tonic.

I’m part of the RP community, we rp in taverns in DR, lately there have been cases of people using tonics, (rabbits, or spiders) and spamming the Tomes of knowledge to create LARGE beams of light. EVERYWHERE. This affect can take over a whole TAVERN area. Can this be looked into and solved? It’s not only a very annoying form of griefing but blinding!
There’s no report function for this in game, so I’m coming here asking to be heard!

(If this isn’t the right place for this topic, than feel free to move it, but i do believe this to be a bug in DIRE need of fixing please!!)

PLEASE, PLEASE!!

Below I’ll place some pictures as an example!

Attachments:

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

This definitely isn’t a bug, so it’s in the wrong place. You can report the specific person(s) via a support ticket from the website; that way you can show them your screenshots and evidence.

LadySwan.8751

Should be considered a bug, and You can’t actually report the specific person in game over this type of thing. There’s literally no way to report them for stuff like this? What category would it fall under. If its spam, then that’s already been done by everyone in the community times before. But if that’s the case are they simply checking chat logs? Or actual ACTIONS, because they didn’t say a word just went in and started blinding us all. Should still be checked up on at least.

Still seems like a bug to me at least with the way the lighting spreads out like that.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Your closest bet would be to report for Verbal Abuse if you’re going to do it in-game, but (as you said) they’re not saying anything. The better route would be reporting from the website. https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Why should it be considered a bug? There’s a light when people level up and using a tome triggers the same effect. That seems to be working as intended.

Instead, it seems that it bugs you and you would prefer for the devs to spend some of their limited resources on changing it.

I doubt that’s going to happen any time soon, so perhaps you could immerse yourself in the context of the game as it exists today and find an RP explanation for these beams of light.

For example, “oh my, Winston, that Asura can’t hold her whiskey, can she?” or “Keep it down, Singedwhiskers! Do you always have to move your lips when you read? You keep triggering your stupid torch.” Or maybe, “praised be Kormir” (without explanation).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

LadySwan.8751

Look at that beam? It’s literally spamming and taking over a whole area.
Pretty sure that’s not its intended function. A small light, yes, but a large one like that second photo, and its MOST often done that way , that’s not right.
But I’ll let the dev’s decide on this.

I went ahead and did what you suggested Rose, thank you for that link.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I would take it this way: “an intended behavior that went out of control when on top of another intended behavior”, aka “bug” or “glitch”.

The light effect is intended for when people level up, as mentioned before, but what seems to be wrong here is the light goes out of control when on top of another feature (tonics) and it could be used for people to grief others.

So yes I also would say it needs some action, maybe a little tweak here and there then the light doesn’t become too bright… it wouldn’t take long to make such adjust I believe, but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for any action to be taken anytime soon though.