Total Make-over Kit, Sylvari Glow [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kendyl.1208

Kendyl.1208

Is this live? Are we able to get our glow back? I just want to be certain before I blow another 350 gems.

those are from the patch notes so yes it is fixed, but the patch is NOT live yet. So hold off a bit till you see that it has been pushed on live. A message came up in game a few minutes ago that said new build within the hour.

Kendyl.1208

It is safe to use it now, I got my glow back. Thank you Thank you Thank you Anet!

Kendyl.1208

Does the patch fix the problem automatically? Or do I need to use entirely new Total Makeover Kits for my 2 Sylvari without a glow?

Unfortunately you need to use a kit, cause it had me set to lowest glow setting. If you bought some, before fix you can always submit a ticket and ask for a refund.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I submitted a ticket before the patch and received 350 gems back for the kit I used. Saved it until the patch went up and used it recently. My glow now works with no problems at all.

Thanks guys!

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: cymylau.2548

cymylau.2548

I’m also glowing again and more happy than I can express

Millersund [DE]
Nachos Con Lobos [Lobo]
Norn Ranger

Posted by: AnnColorless.3908

AnnColorless.3908

So, I figure out I can’t have my glow back. Okay. I guess I won’t get gems either, ‘cause I’ve been waiting for the bug to be fixed without reporting or raging here. Or do I still have a chance to get another Makeover Kit?

(edited by AnnColorless.3908)

Posted by: Dark midget.7815

Dark midget.7815

Yes the patch is live

Posted by: Sillone.3172

Sillone.3172

hi can someone help me! i just bought a total make over kit and its no where to seen and i mean no where

Posted by: Moyra.2475

Moyra.2475

So… just now bought a hair change kit, gave my female sylvari a new hairstyle and colour… and guess what? NO GLOW whatsoever anymore! Anyone else still having the same problem? Whatever they did in the patch, it is not working! Help?

Posted by: raya.1207

raya.1207

I recently just experienced this, last night. I used a total make-over kit and completely changed my entire look. I had waited to use it because of the previous glow issue but my Sylvari no longer glows at all. It’s very dissapointing.

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Soooo is it fixed or is it not?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: calankh.3248

calankh.3248

I just bought one of these with the sale and would like to modify my sylvari main. Is the glow bug fixed?

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

I recently used my replacement kit after it was supposed to be fixed. The body glow seems to work, but the hair end glow that was in beta still seems not to be fixed. Also the eye colour that l selected on makeover does not appear the same as the preview window.
In this thread Anet has asked people to put in support tickets and l guess l will be resubmitting another too.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

calankh.3248

Ew. Alright, I’ll hold off on using it yet then. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

I just tried using a kit on my hair in an attempt to get my glow back, and nothing. I’ve put in a ticket but I’m really worried they think this is fixed.

Posted by: TactualRain.7109

TactualRain.7109

I just tried using a kit on my hair in an attempt to get my glow back, and nothing. I’ve put in a ticket but I’m really worried they think this is fixed.

Hm. I had an interesting experience last week: managed to makeover my Sylvari (who’s looking boss now, if I must say…), and had a brief panic attack. The initial makeover had NO GLOW.

I raised a ticket, fluffed about in game for a bit, alt-tabbed a couple times, and then the glow was back.

Yep, I know what you’re thinking: lighting or time of day, something like that. Prior to using the kit, I’d been standing in a location where my glow was visible; after it was gone.

I’m wondering if there’s some kind of effect similar to culling that needs to kick in? Does anyone know? That is, does glow load last, or take a long time to come in, or is it on some kind of cycle or timer?

I’m happy my Sylvari has a glow, and I’m gutted for people who don’t have a glow – but it’d be great if it was just some kind of internal timer.

I’m sorry if this is confusing, I don’t really understand the technology behind the game or what environmental factors effect glow.

Posted by: The Warder.6352

The Warder.6352

I purchased a Total Makeover Kit after Anet announced the glow was fixed. However, my Sylvari did not get her glow back. It is still bugged, at least for me in PvE. However, in PvP the glow is working. Not sure why it works in one area and not the other.

Posted by: Bearlover.8501

Bearlover.8501

This is still not fixed i went to change my guardian’s hair and skin color just a bit and now i have lost my glow on my sylvari on her face and such it still glows at night with her t3 cultural armor, but her face does not glow just certain armor pieces still do, which is sad because the only reason i picked this face was the glow. I hope this is fixed in patches soon!!!

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I just used another one on my Sylvari ranger. Glow works just fine. I have the face where it looks like someone ripped her lip/chin down the middle. It’s possible that other faces are glitchy, but I haven’t seen it. Do note the glow only works in the dark. Preview has an option to turn off the light.

Emberfoot.6847

I can’t say I had noticed whether my face glow is broken or not, I personally am having trouble with the hair glow. I have tried using the kit at night, during the day, with the preview light turned on, off, other hairs, other colours, and still nothing :|

Emberfoot.6847

I was with a group of people today and one of the was using a hair kit over and over on his Sylvari and his glow never vanished. I keep using mine and nothing happens. Does anyone know if a) there is going to be a fix at some point, or b) if there is any sort of workaround that fixes this? Getting tired of a dull Sylvari
Thanks

The Warder.6352

Does your Sylvari have glow in Heart of the Mists? Mine will glow there but no where else. Then again it might be just how they implemented the glow/glare on that map so the PvP Guild logos glow on the armor. Maybe it is the same technique they use to make Sylvari glow.

Emberfoot.6847

Just checked and no, neither her hair nor face glow in the mists.

Emberfoot.6847

So I waited for the new update, loaded my Sylvari…. and still no glow. I tried changing her hair with my kit a couple more times, and still nada. Is this being looked into any more?

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

Has this been fixed or not? I want to use a kit on my sylvari and I want to know beforehand if it has been fixed.

Emberfoot.6847

Is there anything I can other than putting in a ticket over and over to get any support for this? I have put in two tickets and been posting and waiting for over a month. The only fix I have heard that -should- work is buying a total makeover kit and using it, but it seems extremely unfair for me to have to pay £3.50 to fix a bug caused by Anet. Any help? Please and thanks

The Warder.6352

I am happy to report now my glow is back in normal pve areas. Hooligan’s Route shows my Sylvari glowing much brighter. Seems Anet may have patched this recently. Please check your Sylvaris and report back.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I noticed my Sylvari Ranger’s glow and my mesmer’s glow have gotten very pronounced. Thank you for fixing it….I had decided that if it continued to be diminished, I would just cover both up with different armor to hide the missing glowiness.

The Warder.6352

Lynspottery, good you got your glow back, too! My Sylvari will only glow during a dusk (night) cycle, not a dawn (day) cycle. She was awakened during the Cycle of Dusk. I wonder if other Sylvaris that the Pale Tree awakened during the Cycle of Dawn, glow during the dawn (day) cycle. Would be pretty neat to find out that the glow is tied to the creation cycle. I tip my hat to Anet for programming that feature if it is true.

Those of you checking, please report what dusk/dawn cycle your Sylvari glows. Thx.

Emberfoot.6847

Bah, these posts got me so hopeful I logged in and checked. Still no glow. Tried changing my hair a couple more times for good measure, nada. My sylvari cultural armour is glowing fine, but I am still as dull as I became a month ago.
Also The Warder, unless there has been some giant change without warning, all Sylvari glow at night, and only at night.

Emberfoot.6847

Sorry to bump this yet again, but I have been waiting around for over 6 weeks now with a non-glowing Sylvari, and had no response from my ticket (can’t remember if I have put in one or two now) or official response on the forums since “we fixed it”. Is this normal? Any chance of some form of update?

Emberfoot.6847

Right, I have now been waiting probably around 7 weeks to hear anything at all about this. Is there any fix in the works? Is it being looked at? Should I start sending more tickets? I can’t see why this can’t be fixed, apparently just using a total makeover kit fixes the glow, but I can’t see how it’s fair to have to pay 10g of money (which I incidentally don’t have atm) just to fix a 2 month old bug. Some support, or at least a dev comment saying “we are looking at it” or anything would be great.

(edited by Emberfoot.6847)

Emberfoot.6847

Bumping again. I have now been waiting almost 2 months to hear an answer or get a fix. Should I put in more tickets? I really can’t afford to pay 10g+ for a kit to fix this, surely it wouldn’t cost Anet anything to mail me a kit? Or at the very least to respond…..

Posted by: bramblefeet.4385

bramblefeet.4385

Can we at least get confirmation that Anet are aware this is still a current issue? Considering this is a bug that affects almost solely the people that have paid to support the game, this level of support is totally unacceptable.

calankh.3248

So if I have a glow now, and use a total makeover kit, my glow will probably stay? I can’t quite tell if this is an issue only with for kits that were used months ago, or if it’s still a current one.

Emberfoot.6847

I’m pretty sure it’s fixed for most people, so if you have a glow now, using a kit should be fine. My problem was that my glow vanished a while ago, you should be good.

Posted by: amyty.6389

amyty.6389

I still don’t have my glow back, and don’t feel I should have to buy another kit to fix it. I don’t want to change anything else on my characters but restore their glow!

Posted by: iNaddict.8021

iNaddict.8021

I dont think u get it back. U need to get another total makeover kit.. or complain to anet support for them to give u one. Then u can move the slider up yo restore glow

calankh.3248

Just wanted to update. I just used a total makeover kit on my sylvari and I lost my glow. It shows in the equipment pane and in PvP, but not in PvE. I have attached a screenshot of my sylvari in lions arch, you can see the glow highlights in my hair and eyebrow in the equipment panel but not in the world.

Really hope they fix this soon. If there’s any info I can collect that will help figure out where the bug is, please let me know!

Attachments:

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

-bump-
I recently posted a new thread about this because I didn’t find this thread beforehand. I bet a lot of other sylvari characters will have this issue with the new inclusion of the makeover kit in 5,000 achievement point chests. I don’t want to risk using it if the bug has not really been fixed… Confirmation please!

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

Since no one’s answered me or given any information, I just went ahead and used my total makeover kit… And to my relief, my glow stayed! Unless it depends on other factors, using the makeover kit included in the 5,000 achievement point chest seems to NOT affect glow at all. I would assume this would be the same for all future kits sold in the gem store, but I can’t say if it would be fixed on kits bought/received in the past.

Attachments:

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

With the addition of the new hairstyles in this patch, has the issue of using a “Total Makeover Kit” setting a Sylvari’s glow to minimum/off finally been fixed?

The wiki only states the bug as existing on the “Total Makeover Kit” and not the “Self-style Hair Kit”.

There is also this statement:
General Bug Fixes
To prevent unintended graphical anomalies with hairstyles and faces, all sylvari body patterns have been adjusted aesthetically to blend as nicely as possible.

Now, there are likely to be many Sylvari using the Total Makeover Kit to switch their hairstyle and appearance due to the new styles and these changes to body patterns, I would hope this longstanding issue of a Sylvari’s glow being removed upon using a Total Makeover Kit would have been fixed prior to or along side this new release.

So, again, does this bug still occur?

Order of Venvardis.6073 recently stated that the bug did not occur with a Total Makeover Kit used on a Sylvari. Was this person just lucky that they used a newly received TMK and not an early acquired Kit, or has it actually been fixed across the board with the TMKs?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

My Sylvari’s glow appears to be gone entirely without having done anything but applied the patch. Seriously not amused.

SF
OTR

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Is it safe to use a hair styling kit on a sylvari right now? Will she keep her glow?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Is it safe to use a hair styling kit on a sylvari right now? Will she keep her glow?

The wiki doesn’t show the bug as being an issue on the Self-Style Hair Kit, just on the Total Makeover Kit. I can’t find any reports of players having issues of glow disappearing when using the SSHK, only with the TMK.

I think because the TMK includes the option to adjust the glow and the SSHK only offers options for adjusting the character’s hair. I would expect using a SSHK to be alright and not have this issue.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Emberfoot.6847

The wiki doesn’t show the bug as being an issue on the Self-Style Hair Kit, just on the Total Makeover Kit. I can’t find any reports of players having issues of glow disappearing when using the SSHK, only with the TMK.

I think because the TMK includes the option to adjust the glow and the SSHK only offers options for adjusting the character’s hair. I would expect using a SSHK to be alright and not have this issue.

Actually, mine broke when I used my permanent self style hair kit, and not a total makeover kit, but this has been fixed for months now. It should be fine, and I have personally changed my hair dozens of times lately and my glow is fine