Tournament Chests bugged.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

After the recent update Copper, Silver and Gold Tournament Chests give updated loot – what used to be in Paid chests + some new items. Bugs emerged.

1) Existing pre-update chests did not get updated. They still have old loot tables – priory, whisperer, vigil, armageddon stuff and so on.

2) If you have old chests in your inventory and you acquire a new chest, its new content will be lost. It will be merged with the old stack and will give old loot.

:(

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

on point #2 couldn’t you just open the old ones?

Metatail.1306

on point #2 couldn’t you just open the old ones?

When I accepted my tournament reward it was already too late to act. I forgot about having old chest on that character.
Sure I could open them all now or trash them to avoid further problems. I put them in bank already but I don’t think the game should force me to do nasty things with my chests!

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Is there a particular reason that you think the old chests didn’t get updated? I asked our PvP designer about this, and he clarified that there is no difference between “old” and “new” chests — they pull from the same loot table, so they should stack.

Also, as indicated in the patch notes, only gold and match win reward chests were given updated loot. I hope this helps clarify things!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Metatail.1306

Is there a particular reason that you think the old chests didn’t get updated? I asked our PvP designer about this, and he clarified that there is no difference between “old” and “new” chests — they pull from the same loot table, so they should stack.

Also, as indicated in the patch notes, only gold and match win reward chests were given updated loot. I hope this helps clarify things!

After the update I traded all my tickets for Gold chests. All of them (~15) awarded Paid tokens on salvage and it was stuff like Kodan, Orrian, Drake etc. Then I went to open my Gold chests I was keeping in bank for a while (~20) and here I got ‘old’ items as stated before – it all awarded Free tokens on salvage.
Today I had 2 ‘old’ Gold chests on my character, won a 3-round tournament and so opened a total of 3 Gold chests. All of them awarded old items.

(edited by Metatail.1306)

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

After the update I traded all my tickets for Gold chests. All of them (~15) awarded Paid tokens on salvage and it was stuff like Kodan, Orrian, Drake etc. Then I went to open my Gold chests I was keeping in bank for a while and here I got ‘old’ items as stated before – it all awarded Free tokens on salvage.
Today I had 2 ‘old’ Gold chests on my character, won a 3-round tournament and so opened a total of 3 Gold chests. All of them awarded old items.

Thanks for the details! To clarify further, all the chests were given additional new items; it is still possible (and highly probable) to get the same loot that was available before the update. Based on what you’re saying, it sounds like the chests are working as intended; this isn’t a bug.

As this isn’t a bug, this thread will now be closed. If you have additional questions or feedback on this change, feel free to post in the PvP forum.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed