Trading Post - Bugs - July 15th 2017

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Hi All,

Okay- I’ve compiled the 5 most frustrating items & bugs that currently exist in the trading post for Traders….

Video :
<a href=“http://tinyurl.com/TPBugs”>Video of TP Bugs</a>!

Bug 1: Loading Times -> 5 mins to load ‘buy’/‘sell’ historical items
- Solution: ‘Load All’ button.
Suggestion 1: Filtering – improved filtering/searching

Bug 2: Moving between ‘Sell’ or ‘Buy’ Requires reloading whole TP historics
- Solution: Caching?
See Video

Bug 3: Scrolling (Results disappear) – See video for example

Bug 4: Crash the TP !
- Its possible to completely crash the TP and make it unresponsive.

Thanks,

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hi All,

Okay- I’ve compiled the 5 most frustrating items & bugs that currently exist in the trading post for Traders….

Video :
<a href=“http://tinyurl.com/TPBugs”>Video of TP Bugs</a>!

Suggestion 1: Filtering – improved filtering/searching

See Video

Thanks,

And number 5?

TPMN.1483

One is the QoL Suggestion ’ extra one- ’ Filtering. Its a ‘Frustrating Item’ not strictly a bug.

Item1:

Item 2
Suggestion 1: Filtering – improved filtering/searching.
See Video for why.

Item 3
See Video

Item 4

Item 5

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh…ok.

You might consider putting the suggestion in the Sticky, ‘QoL Suggestions’, where the Devs responsible are more likely to see it.

Good luck.

TPMN.1483

There is a fifth bug…
If you spam ‘load all’ it spasms out the TP and only loads a partial set of your TP historical orders.
-). Have to click your mouse very quickly to make this one happen.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Two of those aren’t bugs, strictly speaking. The “load all” was scrapped in favor of something less taxing to the data request queue. And that’s also why going back between sell & buy orders requires a refresh.

The third & fourth… I’ll look at the video, but I’ve never experienced them.

There is a fifth item: if you look at your buy orders, sort by any column, remove an offer, then re-sort, your (should be) removed offer remains. (Or at least that was present the last time I did a complete review of my current transactions.)

And a sixth (although, again, this isn’t a bug): the past transactions history is very limited and it’s not clear to me how many buy|sell trades it remembers.

That said, I’d rather see some QoL improvements over fixing any of these — I can live with slower loading of transactions, if I can also filter by price or date or quantity (for example).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

TPMN.1483

Item 1: The ‘load all’ can still take 5 mins+ – but I would rather hit ‘load all’ rather than be spamming ‘load more’ for 5 mins manually. It can still use the same data ques etc.
Item 3: It’s probably more taxing going back spamming ‘load more’ when swapping between buy/sell order filtering. If the data could be cached client side then verified before changes server side would be much more responsive and less stressful server side
Item 5: TP Crash- it happens in limited circumstances. Deleting the search text means none of the sort criteria then work, nothing works – you cannot use / flick on any other item in the BLTkittenil you close/reopen the BLTC. I tried everything but it seems deleting the search criteria truest crashes it.

Item 2: QoL Fix- would allow us to provide a better UI and the video gives some good examples of the filters you have also suggested and more.

Item 6: this is broken, if you spam the ‘load more’ on your items for sale (not sold items( and spam it quickly it will load less than 1% of all my items for sale. I have to carefully press load more wit for the results to return – and then hit load more again. I am aware that ‘sold items’ and ‘bought items’ are limited to 90 days transaction history, the ‘buying/selling’ lists are not subject to this and the bug I have tested occurs in both these areas of the TP.

(edited by TPMN.1483)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This appears to be primarily a situation unique to the OP, based on the reddit thread, reporting the same issues

Further the OP has stated that their intent is to “keep pushing those limits” of the TP mechanics.

The OP has

• 7,269,218 items listed for sale
  • 438,768 items as buy orders (3150 individual buy requests)

There’s some additional information in the thread that suggests that the OP could suffer a lot less headache by removing some orders. And, to be fair, the OP should not have to. On the other hand, it’s also fair to realize that ANet isn’t likely to engineer the TP to serve the tiny number of people with (literally) millions of items for sale; their goal has to be efficient maintenance of a system that works for the vast majority of people.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”