Trading Post Gold Steal

Trading Post Gold Steal

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Iove.3902

Iove.3902

I’ve been buying this off the trading post recently and if I try to buy a lot of items at once it’ll say ‘Sorry!’, and then proceed to tell me there wasn’t enough listed items.

Scenario:

The item is listed for 2s and I buy 100, so that’s 2g. Then it tells me there weren’t enough and I get 10 items which would be 20s, yet the Trading Post takes the 2g, and I don’t get it back.

Please post if you are having the same issue.

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: EricHanke.1394

EricHanke.1394

Please check the Trading Post Items/Coin pick up tab, if you attempt to place an order for more items then are available the excess money should be returned to you via that tab.

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: Iove.3902

Iove.3902

I have checked, over and over, and I haven’t received any o the money. Usually, when I over-buy and get this message, the gold is instantly ‘given’ back to the character and does not appear in the Pick-Up tab. Now, I wasn’t given any gold in my inventory or even the Pick-Up tab.

If anyone else experiences this, please post.

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Sometimes that happens and then a day later after you wake up you have gold waiting for you in the pickup tab. Idk, I say wait it out a bit, it’s always been pretty accurate.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

Can you get a screenshot of the ‘items bought’ entry for these items you got? It should say the total spent.

I’ve miscalculated before, it happens.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: Dreed.3714

Dreed.3714

Items and gold…

My problem is …

When i selling items directly to buyers for eg. 3g 99s 54c i get only 3g 59s XXc list fee is around 19s XXc, so my ask i where is my 20s?

Other time try selling item for 3g 54s 99c directly to buyer, list fee is for 16s XXc and after sell i recive 3g 00s XXc so my ask is where is my 30s?

Another situation…

I try sell Globs, choose option Match lowest seller 26s 66c, Listing fee: 1s 33c, Projected Profit: 23s 99c.. so where is the rest of money – 1s 34c?

Atm i stoped selling on Auction House… on bigger transaction i lost many coins…
Buyer want 20 globs, price per one 26s 65c = 5g 33s 00c, listen fee is 26s 65c so my profit should be: 5g 06s 35c but on AH i get only 4g 79s 60c, so i lost around 26s 75c.

Can someone explain me WTF?

Attachments:

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

….
Another situation…

I try sell Globs, choose option Match lowest seller 26s 66c, Listing fee: 1s 33c, Projected Profit: 23s 99c.. so where is the rest of money – 1s 34c?
…..
Can someone explain me WTF?

Wrong math: there’s a listing fee of 5% the total cost that you pay to put items on sell, then if you sell there’s another 10% tax from the coins you gain:
Glob: 26.s 66 c Listing Fee: 1s 33c (paid immediately to put the glob on sell)

Somebody buys it and you get:
26s 66c – 10% (that is 2s 67c) = 23s 99c

In fact the real profit would be the projected profit minus the listing fee (hence: total – 15%)

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I am having issues where it eats the money and items at times. I have gold waiting and go and pick it up. Zone out to WvW and back (easy way for me) and bang nothing transferred out and now I am out gold ect and items.
You guys have nerfed open world loot that I cant make any money doing that and force me to play the TP and now your eating that as well. I mean what more do you want? I cant trust you to do this so there is no kitten way I will ever buy gems.

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

@OP

It happens that if you want to buy e.g. 100 items and get only 10 (while the whole money for 100 is spent) that you can find the other 90 in the “i want to buy these” or similar called, thats why you are missing those gold. If you would remove that request, you would have your gold instantly back for those extra 90 items. Probably that was the problem.

@Dreed
general function of the auction house:
As “buyer” you don’t have to pay any fee.
As “seller” there are 2 different fees.
First a seller has to pay 5% of the total price for putting it into the AH neverless it gets sold or not. You will not get those 5% back even if you remove your items out of the AH. That gold is lost.
If your items are sold you again have to pay a fee, this time 10% which only applys if items are sold.

In your case:
20 ectos รก 26s66c = 533,2s
price for putting them into AH: 26,66s
fee for selling them them: 53,32s

so, after putting them in, you are at – 26,66s
if you remove those items, its still -26,66
If the 20 ectos will be sold you will gain 533,2s – 53,32s = 479,88s

Dont forget the -26,66s of the start your real profit is:
453,22s

easier to calculate:

real profit = 0,85 * [item amount] * [item value]
real profit = 0,85 * 20 * 26,66
= 453,22

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur

(edited by Shini.7542)

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: Dreed.3714

Dreed.3714

worst eco system that i ever see… time to start selling items only in guild via mail and forgot what AH is.. sorry when i seeling glob or other items payed 2 time fee .. double fee great system.

(edited by Dreed.3714)

Trading Post Gold Steal

Posted by: matja.7426

matja.7426

math too hard for you? Gl with the mail selling and getting scammed…