Trading Post issues

Trading Post issues

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Forum search provided zero results for something I really expect to be here. I’m surprised in a way.

The bug: Trading post frequently fails to load fully. Gems will not be displayed, by character’s gold is not available (even though I am carrying a bit of spending coin), and the items to sell page will be completely blank, even with an inventory full of items that are things I could be selling. This happens on repeated loading of the trading post. No exact number, but the more often I use the trading post, the more likely it is to fail (I’d estimate a dozen times of opening the trading post, or less).

The only way to reset this is to exit the game fully and restart it. It doesn’t seem to be an issue with slow loading, I’ve left the window open for several minutes before without ever seeing the trading post fully load.

Although the game is not particularly long to load, there are many times when I do not wish to exit the game fully but would still like to be able to use the trading post.

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

does this happen after you have been AFK for some time?
and during this time, were you taken back to the character select screen?

Or does this happen after you have been playing for a while after logging in, decide to use the TP?

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Trading Post issues

Nkuvu.2570

It happens after playing some time, yes — but I was actively playing and never disconnected back to the character selection screen.

It also happens if I’ve only been playing a short time, and do a number of open/close actions on the trading post. For instance, if I’m flushing items into the Mystic Forge, I’ll purchase some items, flush them, salvage what I can, then buy more. Too frequently and suddenly the trading post will fail to load. Exit to desktop and restart, and things will work again.

Trading Post issues

Vashoom.8512

Check to see if these issues happen during super lag times (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mega-super-lag/) if your times of TP issues match the times of people getting super lag, perhaps the issue is server related.

I can only say personally I only experience this after being booted back to the character login screen after a long afk break, then log back in. (this issue anet are aware of). but even this doesn’t happen very often.

If this continues I suggest you raise a support ticket from in-game, as your issue doesn’t sound common.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Trading Post issues

Nkuvu.2570

If this continues I suggest you raise a support ticket from in-game, as your issue doesn’t sound common.

Given that I frequently hear people in LA asking why their trading post suddenly goes dead — and the response of “exit the game and restart” coming from other players, I’m going to make a leap and say it’s not just me.

The trading post will die at any time throughout the day, and I’ve experienced almost no lag with the game. When the trading post does die, I have no other problems that are lag associated. No skill delays, no chat delays, no rubber banding, nothing. It’s been quite some time since I’ve been disconnected, and nothing in the linked thread sounds like my experience with recent game play.

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

This bug has happened to me almost every other day. Restarting the client is the only way to fix it as of right now. However, this should actually get fixed at some point.

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Sometimes the tp seems to quit if you open and close it several times in a short amount of time. It sometimes dies when you zone into different areas, but many times, it will die once you hit LA. It’s a buggy little bit, sometimes, it will come back after awhile all on its own. Inconvenient if you need it now though. The only instant fix is restarting the client sadly.

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Next

Hi. There are many factors that can cause problems with the Trading Post and/or Gem Store. In order to diagnose your specific problem, we’ll need you to submit a customer support ticket, please. Also, please include any relevant information, such as your operating system, your PC specs, and firewall info.
We’re sorry that you’re experiencing this issue and hope we can help you.
Before you submit your ticket, you can try clearing your cache. To do this, you will want to close GW2 and:
1. Click the Windows start button.
2. Search for temp
3. Find any gw2cache folders and delete them.
Relaunch the game.
I hope this fixes it for you, but if it doesn’t, please follow my initial instructions.

Trading Post issues

Kyllaa.1385

Is there a way to clear this cache on Mac?

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Previous

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

The best way to get your issue resolved is to submit the customer support ticket. Be sure to mention that you are on a Mac. Sorry that you are having issues with the Trading Post.

Trading Post issues

Nkuvu.2570

Hi. There are many factors that can cause problems with the Trading Post and/or Gem Store. In order to diagnose your specific problem, we’ll need you to submit a customer support ticket, please. Also, please include any relevant information, such as your operating system, your PC specs, and firewall info.
We’re sorry that you’re experiencing this issue and hope we can help you.
Before you submit your ticket, you can try clearing your cache. To do this, you will want to close GW2 and:
1. Click the Windows start button.
2. Search for temp
3. Find any gw2cache folders and delete them.
Relaunch the game.
I hope this fixes it for you, but if it doesn’t, please follow my initial instructions.

Thanks for the assistance. I do have to say that these instructions did not help in finding the cache folder — Windows search returned tons of results for my Templates folder from GW1, but nothing in AppData\Local (where the temp folder lives, obviously). I was able to find the cache folder manually since I knew where to look, and afterward verified that a search for “gw2cache” in the second step there was successful, although I did have to tell Windows to search the computer again.

All of the above is in the hope that it will assist anyone else trying to clear the cache. After I did clear the cache, I haven’t run into the issue with the trading post again. It’s possible that it’s just a matter of time or number of open/closes or perhaps the alignment of Meep and other racing moas, but I’m hoping the issue is gone for good.

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

I also have this problem while playing on me mac. The only way I can get the TP to work is close down the game completely and restarting it. Jeremiah Lee can you give any mac users good news on if current bugs are being worked on by developers? It has been since last year since we have had any update.

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

I used to have an issue where my gems box was empty my currency just showed up as three dots buy was always greyed out and sell was always blank.
I found a fix here on the forums that did not envolve closing the client.

1 Open trading post
2 Open options
3 Change game language from English to French and wait and watch the TP or other windows (usually gems will show up) but either way wait till text shows up in french.
4 Change game language back to English
5 Close options and use trading post as normal

This is not a permanent fix across different logins but it tends to stay fixed for the duration of a single playing session.

Trading Post issues

Kyllaa.1385

Ooh! I’ll have to try that next time my tp stops working. Thanks for posting that.

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Celestia.4532

Celestia.4532

Having the same problem. Here’s a screenshot.
http://i.imgur.com/2gPt8kf.jpg
None of the solutions worked for me, couldn’t find gw2cache.

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

Celestia… that is not the issue I was having.

Trading Post issues

Kyllaa.1385

I used to have an issue where my gems box was empty my currency just showed up as three dots buy was always greyed out and sell was always blank.

1 Open trading post
2 Open options
3 Change game language from English to French and wait and watch the TP or other windows (usually gems will show up) but either way wait till text shows up in french.

This is not a permanent fix across different logins but it tends to stay fixed for the duration of a single playing session.

I just wanted I say that I tried this last night when my trading post stopped loading after opening/closing a few times consecutively… Of course lol. It worked! Oddly enough, it created a gamma bug where it looked like the gamma was turned down a bit, but opening the graphics panel and moving the gamma slider a bit fixed that, then just put it back to normal value. The not loading issue occurred twice, so I used it twice and the gamma issue occurred both times, but it is still much better than restarting the client.

Thanks Dark!

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Guts.8425

Guts.8425

I purchased a BL key with 125 gems and it didn’t appear on my bags nor bank. Also, the gems are gone. I already paged ingame. Hopefully this can be fixed soon, thanks.

Trading Post issues

Vashoom.8512

Guts, please stay on topic or make your own post to discuss other problems.

Celestia, this is usually just lag issues, if you close the TP then re-open it, usually this resolves the issue, for me anyway.

Trading Post issues

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have just had the gem store do this to me. I had a blank gems box but clicked to buy gems. It had me fill out the PayPal info as always but did not open a PayPal window. Restarting the game cured that, I have my gems … now to try to spend them!

Trading Post issues

Posted by: tankstager.1975

tankstager.1975

yea I just bought 2 rich dragon coffers and it shows gems spent but I the coffers have not been delivered to me I hope this gets resolved soon

Trading Post issues

Kyllaa.1385

Delete some mails guys.

Trading Post issues

Nkuvu.2570

1 Open trading post
2 Open options

Just want to say thanks for this. Clearing the cache was not a permanent fix. And rather than dealing with support (“Did you try turning it off and then on again? Well… it’s you, not us, sorry.”) I’ll just switch languages from now on.