Trading Post not appearing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So, for the last week or so Trading Post has become rather bugged. I press it and it will show the loading circle for like half a second before vanishing and then…Nothing. i have left the page open for 10minutes and it still doesnt load.

I have gone to other amps, gone to the trader in both WvW and in Lions Arch as well as relogging, restarting the whole game and still nothing this session of it not working at all has been for the whole day. Yesterday it would randomly would decide to work.

Any ideas what the problem is? I know it is NOT lag as the game doesnt lag, no lag during the game or during combat (Zerg fights dont count)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I have seen on a thread once a workaround for this issue. I have experienced it some times. You could try to clean its cache, it always work for me.

To do that, go to your Temp folder (on Windows Vista or so, it’s at “C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Temp”. If on a different OS, ask me although I don’t know it on Mac). There you will find a folder called like “gw2cache-” plus some numbers. Leave the game and then delete that folder. It’s used to work for me.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Thanks for the info, unfortuantly it has had no effect what so ever and i am still unable to access ANY of the Trading Post tabs. This has now gone on for over 12 hours. This problem affects ALL my characters – i have ALOT of stuff that i want to sell on the Trading post and yet i am unable to…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here are some more explicit instructions: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/TP-Empty-Not-loading/first#post3247980

Also, make sure nothing is interfering with your awesomium.exe process.

No idea if it would be helpful. Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

ArmageddonAsh.6430

This is a new issue and only has started since in the last week and i have NO issues what so ever with it before and knowing that nothing has changed on my computer its nothing on my end.

I deleted it and still not showing.

shadow.6174

@Inculpatus: thanks for posting that link. My suggestion was based on that thread but I just couldn’t retrieve that link.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are most welcome. =)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If the tips linked by Inculpatus didn’t do the trick, you should contact support (top of this screen, towards the left, “support” and create a new ticket). They will be able to help you, sometimes very quickly.

Good luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Well just logged in and guess what…it is STILL bugged more than 20 hours now i have not been able to access the trading post on ANY characters.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

If the tips linked by Inculpatus didn’t do the trick, you should contact support (top of this screen, towards the left, “support” and create a new ticket). They will be able to help you, sometimes very quickly.

Good luck.

where? In the Game? On the forums?

EDITY: Nevermind, i found it. I hope they can get back to me.

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I have also done that “-Repair” thing as well and that didnt work either.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So i get infractions and messages deleted but NO help what so ever with my problem…Really!?

You guys sure have your priorities right…

(and so this post cant be deleted and me infracted)

I seem to have found something out – It is like the Trading Post is or wants to disconnect, i dc-ed earlier and was able to use the Trading Post again but for like 2 or 3 minutes before it all decided to die again

Anyone else have this?

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So i get infractions and messages deleted but NO help what so ever with my problem…Really!?

You guys sure have your priorities right…

(and so this post cant be deleted and me infracted)

1. The forums are for reporting game bugs. For help with an individual issue, you really do need to contact support.
  2. Moderation of the forums (i.e. infractions and deleted messages) have nothing to do with either bug fixes or troubleshooting. Different groups of employees who have different priorities.

I seem to have found something out – It is like the Trading Post is or wants to disconnect, i dc-ed earlier and was able to use the Trading Post again but for like 2 or 3 minutes before it all decided to die again

Anyone else have this?

Two other things I’ve seen in the forums that might apply:

• If you are using the Macintosh (beta) client, there are some other work-arounds you can try — check the mac support forum for the details.
  • If you use the -nopatchui option to launch the game, it’s apparently interfering with the trading post. See the wiki’s talk page for command line arguments, which has a work-around for that.

Good luck

ArmageddonAsh.6430

1. The forums are for reporting game bugs. For help with an individual issue, you really do need to contact support.
  2. Moderation of the forums (i.e. infractions and deleted messages) have nothing to do with either bug fixes or troubleshooting. Different groups of employees who have different priorities.

I have already contacted the support and still waiting for a response. About 15odd hours ago. The least they could do is just give a nudge to someone that might actually be able to help rather than totally ignore that i am actually having a problem and and delete messages and give me infractions. Then again, i have seen the way the moderation team work on these forums, Anet should really look to change them because they are pretty bad.

Two other things I’ve seen in the forums that might apply:

• If you are using the Macintosh (beta) client, there are some other work-arounds you can try — check the mac support forum for the details.
  • If you use the -nopatchui option to launch the game, it’s apparently interfering with the trading post. See the wiki’s talk page for command line arguments, which has a work-around for that.
    Good luck

I am running on PC so none of that affects me, the issue only started last week but has gotten worse and worse to the point i have ZERO access to the trading post, Gem Store or anything else.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

i am STILL having this problem and despite the fact that posts were removed from the obsessive mods (seriously this forum has the WORST mods of any forum i have encountered EVER) not a single bit of help.

Really good showing Anet, showing what your customers really matter – Nothing!

Illconceived Was Na.9781

i am STILL having this problem …

I’m sorry to hear that. Add a post to the thread designed to expedite reviews of tickets 72 hours and older — you just need to include your ticket #, date originally submitted, and a brief note about the issue, e.g. “trading post not appearing.”

When Gaile is back at work on Monday, she’ll review all such stale tickets and make sure that your ticket is updated. She’ll also post a brief follow-up in the thread.

While you are waiting, double-check that emails from ANet are getting through your spam filters. Apparently, some email providers are overly aggressive and blocking ANet and some local filters might need to be adjusted. See this original post on the topic and then skip to the follow-up.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I checked my spam/junk folder and nothing.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I checked my spam/junk folder and nothing.

Which email provider are you using? Is it one of the ones that was blocking all mail from ANet?

request #190643
Still no answer made it on 24th December so i can understand a bit. Would just like help with my issue

I see that you added a post to the “review old tickets” post I mentioned above. That will help expedite it.

However, note that your ticket isn’t quite 3 full business days old. You made the ticket on the 24th, the 25th was a national holiday, the 26th/27th are nominally regular business days, so that puts your ticket at about 2.5 business days old. Plus, for a variety of reasons, US companies sometimes run shorter hours on the 24th and the 26th (and, since Christmas fell on a Wednesday, the 27th too). I don’t know how much that will (or should) affect the Customer Support team, but it’s something to keep in mind.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah i can understand that, i defiantly think it’s a “Dis-connect” issue. I mean i play the game fine, no disconnects or anything, only lag during zerg fights but it seems the Trading Post doesn’t like that and if i force myself into Dis-connecting through the use of just unplugging the wifi then for a few seconds mostly around 10-15seconds then i have access to it once i log in before it just “dis-connects” itself again.

Logging out and quitting the game both don’t work i have to FORCE it into disconnecting me for it to come back and even then, its not for a long period of time.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Your service is a JOKE. 11 days, 11 days since i made this topic and NOT a single bit of help, hell god mods coming in here and being KITTENS (censored myself, so you guys cant delete the post and infraction me even more!) deleting comments and giving infractions away yet…no help what so ever…

Amazing way to keep your PAYING customers happy…

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Your service is a JOKE. 11 days, 11 days since i made this topic and NOT a single bit of help, hell god mods coming in here and being KITTENS (censored myself, so you guys cant delete the post and infraction me even more!) deleting comments and giving infractions away yet…no help what so ever…

Amazing way to keep your PAYING customers happy…

You were answered. In the thread for Tickets 3-Days and older (190643 – Please submit a new ticket via an alternative means, following the detailed instructions sent to you on 24 December), and according to the Dev, by email on the 24th of December. You need to check the threads you post in, as well as your mail.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You were answered. In the thread for Tickets 3-Days and older (190643 – Please submit a new ticket via an alternative means, following the detailed instructions sent to you on 24 December), and according to the Dev, by email on the 24th of December. You need to check the threads you post in, as well as your mail.

I already have sent ANOTHER one in.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Well that escalated quickly…
If they see this post. Feel free to fix this bug too
Interface size: small
Do you have that bug too ?

Attachments:

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I finally got a rely, followed the instructions and i STILL have the problem and no information what to do AFTER i have tried what they suggested and none of it has worked – anyone got any ideas?

shadow.6174

Hmm ok, let’s do a check list and see what you have tried and done so far and track down what else could be done…

• Cleaning cache files using the method on https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/TP-Empty-Not-loading/ didn’t do the trick?
  • Repairing the game using -repair didn’t work too?
  • Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the game?
  • If you have firewall or something like, have you checked if it’s blocking the awesomium.exe process? (this is just a theory since I believe that’s this one process which makes the comm with servers for TP)

Also, it would be good to know some more about your environment:

• What’s the OS you are on?
  • Do you have antivirus, firewall or some other like that installed and running?
  • How’s your internet connection?
  • What browsers do you have there? (since I heard that GW2 uses WebKit for TP I wonder which engine it uses and theoretically some browser might interfering? Just thoughts)

As the most of people isn’t having the same issue as you I believe it’s something at your side or something on your side plus some bug that caused it. If it was in the game or their servers only, other people would experience exactly the same problem.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I finally got a rely, followed the instructions and i STILL have the problem and no information what to do AFTER i have tried what they suggested and none of it has worked – anyone got any ideas?

I would be happy to help you, but (as suggested above), it’s very difficult to know what to suggest, since you haven’t shared any specifics with us.

However, I would encourage you to continue working with support. It’s my experience that if their first ideas don’t help, they are more than willing to follow-up and try something else.

For example, at some point, they will ask you to run one or more diagnostics so they can gather data that might help identify the root cause of the problem you are having with the TP.

Perhaps they haven’t communicated their suggestions clearly or perhaps you misunderstood a step — those are common issues that come up when a tech firm tries to help a customer troubleshoot a problem that might not be directly related to their product.

In any case, keep working with them. If you have exhausted all possibilities with Support, then contact Gaile again and ask her to take another look at the ticket. She’ll help them be able to help you.

Good luck.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Tried repair. Didnt work
Tried the delete GW2Cashe. Didnt work
Uninstalled all AV and Firewall. Didnt work (reinstalled after)

Pretty much all i can tell so far is that the Trading Post and nothing else seems to try and DC, it gives the circle saying that its loading and then stops near instantly.

I have managed to force Disconnect myself Using Hotspotshield, by turning it on it forces me to disconnect. I then turn it back off start the game again and then i have access to the Trading Post and Gem Store – The problem is, this doesnt last and it is random how long it will be okay some times its minutes, others its hours.

This issue started out of nowhere, no idea why, no idea how it just started.

shadow.6174

Which kind of connection are you on? Are you behind a proxy or something? Are you connected directly to internet (meaning there’s nothing between your computer and the device used by your ISP, like modems, routers or whatever) or are you within some network with shared internet connection?

I suspect something may be blocking specifically the server that deals with TP (that I believe is a different one than the one used to manage the game’s world). Later I’ll try to track down to which server the game connects when using TP and then I could try to suggest some more precise test.

I had a issue once that only parts of a game weren’t working, later I figured out there was kind of a limit at my ISP.

A thing I have learned when trying to troubleshoot issues with computers.. the more odd and complicated a issue, more unexpected is the cause. I mean that the cause can be what you (and anyone else) don’t even expect, so any test (even the less logic ones) is always valid.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It’s NOT my connection, i have NO issue anywhere else in the game. No disconnects or anything. I have been using the same connection for a long time without any issue. I haven’t done any upgrades recently either so it isn’t that either.

This issue simply started, no warning nothing.

Posted by: pandora eight.9451

pandora eight.9451

I have a similar issue with TP that the Tech Support cannot resolve for a WEEK straight. Either they take care to fix it or give me the money back.

shadow.6174

It’s NOT my connection, i have NO issue anywhere else in the game. No disconnects or anything. I have been using the same connection for a long time without any issue.

Yes, I know that. I was just trying some troubleshooting and who knows we could get some insight on it.

As I said, I believe that TP uses a thirdy-party component so it doesn’t connects to the same server that the game uses to render the world, so I was just supposing that something (either on your side or your ISP side maybe) could be blocking “that” server specifically and not blocking the one in charge of loading the world, if you get what I mean. In fact, it’s just theory and a “shoot in the dark” but even so still valid.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Out of nowhere, its started working again. Now this happened last time for a few days and then stopped again so not counting it as fixed just yet. It still did have its moments where it would have to think for a few seconds too long (compared to normal times) for it to actually work and some times i had to close it down and reopen it for it to work.

ArmageddonAsh.6430

What do you know, 16 days no issue and out of nowhere its refusing to load up again. Swapped characters, reset router, logged out and logged back in and back to the no loading issue.

I pretty much can’t play most of my characters as the bags are full of stuff that i know would net me A LOT more gold on Trading Post than just selling to a vender.

It better not last as long this time around, seeing as it was WEEKS of it not working last time!