Trading post broken.

Trading post broken.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Q:

Hey everyone and hopefully someone from Anet…

Ive tried finding an answer to my trading post problems for the past 3 days. My TP/gem store/ gem exchange/ selling/ buying… anything through the TP, for the past 3 days has been unusable.

I just simply cannot use anything on the TP. Ive tried…

- Relogging, switching toons
- Restarting client
- Restarting computer
- Running in Admin mode
- Checking/unchecking autoplay
- Running through 3rd party client(razor game booster)
- Running antivirus in silent/gaming mode(have been since launch)

Im at a complete loss… I have had zero problems with the Trading post up until this point(3 days ago 8/25 8/26)

Im hoping this is a known issue with anet or someone else who has fixed it… if not then i hope if anyone else is experiencing this issue they can find the solution here as well.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Trading post broken.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

A:

Most TP issues are related to some temporary GW2 files where removing them will allow them to be recreated and the TP to function properly again.

First Option:

1. Close your game completely.
  2. Browse your My Computer to: C:\Users\YourComputerUserName
  3. Then in the window menus, click on “Tools” then “Folder Options…”
  4. In the window that pops up, click the “View” tab
  5. Select to “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and click ‘OK’ (attached image)
  6. You should now see a folder in your file listing called “AppData”, open this folder
  7. Inside that folder open the “Local” folder
  8. Inside that folder open the “Temp” folder
  9. You should now see a folder called “gw2cache-{1501A8C1-6AA1-1601-C2A8-0115A16A0116}” or something similar. Delete this gw2cache folder.
  10. Load up your game normally and see if the issue is fixed.

Another thing to try:
If the above solution did not fix the problem then there is another file that must be deleted. This one will cause you to lose your saved game settings so try the above solution first so you do not have to needlessly reconfigure your settings.

1. Ensure your game is completely closed.
  2. Browse your My Computer to: C:\Users\YourComputerUserName\Documents\Guild Wars 2
  3. Inside this Guild Wars 2 folder you should see a file called “local.dat”, rename this file to “backup-local.dat”
  4. Load up your game normally. You may have a small (40-50mb) download to replace the renamed file. See if the issue is fixed once in-game.
  5. If it is fixed then you will notice your settings are all reverted to default. You should reconfigure your game settings once again to your preference. You can then delete the “backup-local.dat” file.

If neither of these options fixed the issue, then you may want to submit a customer support ticket so that ArenaNet Support can help you on a more involved level that may include checking of some other elements that may be causing the issue: PC hardware settings, firewall settings, software settings, or UAC settings. They will need to work with you to find out what is going on. You can do that by going to this link and clicking on “Ask A Question” at the top middle of the page and filling out the relevant fields to file the support ticket.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Trading post broken.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Try this:

1. Open your trading post (leave this open until finished)
2. Open your options panel
3. Change the language to French
4. Wait for the trading post to reload in French
5. Change the language back to English (anglais)
6. Test trading post

If on a mac, it may initiate an easily fixable gamma bug, but you’re most likely on a pc, so no problems there. This is just a quick in-game fix for many tp issues experienced, not all.

If that doesn’t help, you may need to delete your gw2 cache.

If still no good, check your antivirus/firewall/security software and verify exceptions for gw2 and awesomium process, one of the updates may have triggered it.

Or, run msconfig, disable all startup programs, restart comp, test gw2 tp. If it works, you have some program conflicting. You can re-enable by repeating and restarting.

Trading post broken.

Treborlavok.3504

Kyllaa, i changed the language with the TP open like you said. I tried all the languages and they all work and let the TP work again…. Except for english. Should i try deleting my gw2 cache? Where do i do that at?

Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Trading post broken.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Thanks for following up with that Stin!

That’s really bizarre that all work except English! But I suspect the cache would fix your issue then.

Trading post broken.

Treborlavok.3504

Stin, im totally lost. I know your info reads pretty straight forward. But i cant find any of the options youre talking about.

Im sorry, i can get by with computers but im not a big techie by any means.

I go into my C file>Users>(Myself)> thats where i get lost…

You say go to windows menu and click tools, then folder options. I cant find that anywhere. Again im sorry for this lol. I know as soon as i figure it out or its explained like im five ill feel like an idiot.

Trading post broken.

StinVec.3621

Sorry, by “window menus” I mean up at the top of the window where it says “File Edit View Tools Help”.
If that does not display in your window for you along the top, then click the drop-down arrow next to the word “Organize” and then click on “Layout” and select “Menu bar” to enable showing of the menus.

edit
Sorry, I made the assumption you were running Win7 or similar OS instead of XP and that the menu bar was displayed…I suppose it may be hidden by default in vista/7/8, I’m not too certain anymore.

Attachments:

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Trading post broken.

StinVec.3621

Thanks for following up with that Stin!

That’s really bizarre that all work except English! But I suspect the cache would fix your issue then.

:D
I can only think that switching to an alternate language from English exports the new language files from the GW2 archive file into the temporary folder. Since the English language files are already exported to the temporary folder, switching back to English from another language simply uses the same temporary English files that are messed up instead of re-exporting the English files once more and overwriting the old English files.

If that makes sense and is also how the language files work.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Trading post broken.

StinVec.3621

Sorry, by “window menus” I mean up at the top of the window where it says “File Edit View Tools Help”.
If that does not display in your window for you along the top, then click the drop-down arrow next to the word “Organize” and then click on “Layout” and select “Menu bar” to enable showing of the menus.

edit
Sorry, I made the assumption you were running Win7 or similar OS instead of XP and that the menu bar was displayed…I suppose it may be hidden by default in vista/7/8, I’m not too certain anymore.

Another way is to go to your Control Panel from your Start Menu. If Control Panel items are sorted by “Category” then select “Appearance and Personalization” on the right side, then in the second bottom area under “Folder Options” click on “Show hidden files and folders”. This will open the same options dialogue box I attached an image of earlier. Otherwise, if Control Panel is sorted by Icons, simply click on “Folder Options” from the list to bring up the options dialogue box I attached an image of earlier.

(again, I’m still assuming Windows 7)

Trading post broken.

Treborlavok.3504

Stin your the best! Thanks!

Ill try this when I get home. I had to leave for work. But thanks again and ill update the thread tomorrow morning.

Trading post broken.

StinVec.3621

Stin your the best! Thanks!

Ill try this when I get home. I had to leave for work. But thanks again and ill update the thread tomorrow morning.

Not a problem! I hope it works out for you when you get back and that all is right with the (game) world once again.

Trading post broken.

Treborlavok.3504

Stin you are my hero!!

It worked!!! :P

Trading post broken.

StinVec.3621

:)
That’s awesome! I had to clean my own cache out for the first time in over a year after that patch a few days ago. Hopefully we won’t run into any more problems for a while.