Trading post fee applying twice?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sononabestia.3856

Sononabestia.3856

It’s alredy hard to make money from the trading post, and now for some reason I am receiving LESS Money than intended when I post stuff. Once I post items worth, let’s say, 50s, I pay around dunno, 5s fee and get all of them posted. The fee immediatly disappears from my money recount (inside my bags), the items sell, and when I go to the trading post to withdraw the earnings what I see is.. 45s! Apparently the fee has been applied upon purchase AND listing, and this way, I’ve lost a LOT of gold!

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

This isn’t a bug.. There is a 5% listing fee as well as a 10% selling free (which they don’t tell you about).

Sononabestia.3856

O_O What!? This ought to be a joke, so basically I am alredy selling my items for cheap, and with 10% trading fee, I even lose that little margin of income I might have? This economy system is basically forcing me to buy gold or farming like the worst of the chineses!?

Sononabestia.3856

Could a developer please clarify this point? Is it true that there’s a 10% selling fee of which close to nobody is aware, because it’s not written at all in the trading post?

Posted by: StarsLife.7320

StarsLife.7320

It’s confirmed, discussed and has been brought up too many times to count. Here is the gw2 wiki page on the trading post and fees: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post#Selling_and_buying

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

Yup, use http://tpcalc.com when making a trade.

Posted by: bobzebrick.5309

bobzebrick.5309

We shouldn’t have to use 3rd party sites to see the fees we are given. I’ve known about this for a long time but it’s disgusting to see Arena Net treating its customers this way and hiding fees.

I’m guessing it’s so they can manipulate it behind the scenes to stabilize the markets without people knowing at first sight. Pretty bad business practices if you ask me, not what I was expecting here.

Sononabestia.3856

^ Ditto, if I am to pay taxes, I want to know they are there.

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

Well I’d get over it. Now you know.
It’s been stated on the wiki since the beginning: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post#Fees

But yes, some kind of ingame notice would make people feel less behind-hurt.