Trained ability message popping up constantly

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Krenis.5140

Krenis.5140

Hello, after the last update i keep receiving the following message. Sadly, I don’t have any ability trained so I can’t do much about it.

Attachments:

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

It’s showing your Mastery XP bar full, that means it’s ready then you can spend Mastery Points to unlock that Mastery. Open up the Mastery panel and unlock/train that Mastery, or select a different not-filled track and that popup should go away.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think that pop-up should be appearing. I’ve had full XP (Mastery track) bars and even enough Mastery Points to spend, and I’ve not seen that pop-up.

Regardless, once dismissed, it should not re-appear. Some players may not wish to spend their points, even though the track is full.

Posted by: Krenis.5140

Krenis.5140

I can’t unlock Mastery since I haven’t started Maguuma content yet. And about closing it, that’s what I did a few times already but it keeps showing. Same is happening to my friend who is in the same situation progress-wise.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I’m sure this is just a buglet that slipped through, but it definitely needs to be corrected as it’s very annoying to see this thing pop up every time I get XP (which is being wasted at the moment—a possibility that shouldn’t even exist).

Dismissing it is pointless for me probably because I have enough Central Tyria MP to train the first Legendary or Fractal options, but since I want to reserve my points to max out Pact Commander first I guess I’ll be seeing this constantly until it gets fixed.

Not yay.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

Ever since the last update this pop up keeps coming back every time I kill an enemy and its extreemly annoying!!!

How do I make it go away? I haven’t unlocked masteries yet, I’m still just trying to finish my personal story but its becoming really hard to play with this covering my chat box 90% of the time.

Attachments:

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Click on your hero panel and start training the Tyrian masteries. You don’t have to do anything in the HoT story, you just have to be level 80.

Mightylink.3816

I can’t my masteries are locked, theres nothing to click on.

This is so annoying, it keeps coming back every time I take damage or kill an enemy…

Do I seriously have to go to maguuma to fix this? I just wanted to do my personal story first, this never showed up before the update today.

Attachments:

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If it only happened after the last patch, then it’s a bug and needs to be reported.

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

My friend had the same problem, as far as I know you have to go and do the first HoT step to unlock to make it go away.

Pressing escape with nothing else selected should make it go away from a bit, but it’ll keep coming back until you do the story step and select a new mastery, its pretty annoying.

Edit: If you recently hit level 80, then it isn’t a patch bug, it was you capping the xp track.

(edited by Snow.2048)

Mightylink.3816

Yup, it seems like I have no choice but to skip ahead now, this game is an ocd nightmare, I really wanted to do all the stories in order first before going to maguunma :S

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I had the exact same problem on my alt account and even made a post on forums and have submitted a ticket to anet. I dont want to skip ahead in story either but this popup is appearing every 10seconds on my screen and has made the game totally unplayable.

Dunno why we have to go through spoilers (the unlock mastery step has loads) just to get rid of this thing. If I get a solution from my support ticket I will post it here but Im not hopeful.

Posted by: blueroad.1457

blueroad.1457

Dearest Arenanet,
I understand you are deeply concerned about my complete lack of interest in your mastery system. So much so, you’re convinced my failure to engage with it is due to being unable to find the button. I assure you I know where the button is. I don’t feel like bothering with a mechanic I don’t enjoy on an alt account I log into in order to chop trees in peace while listening to music. Please stop popping this window up. No, no really, I know where the button is. Oh god, stop. Stahp.

Kind regards,
blueroad

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s a bug. Give the Devs a bit of time to fix it. You are not forced to do the story out of order, unless you don’t want to wait.

Good luck.

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Hi I contacted support about this issue and they said they cant disable tooltips manually but they will send the issue to the developers so at least there is a chance it will be looked at.

It seems to be an oversight with the system rather than a bug but at least it may get fixed for future players.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’d call it a bug since it only just appeared. No one had this issue before the latest patch.

Regardless, I’m sure the Devs will attend to it. =)

Posted by: Nhoj.6712

Nhoj.6712

This is still happening in game. You get enough XP to max out your first mastery before you even finish the original story line so its utterly ridiculous the only way to dismiss this pop up is to skip the original story, scarlet’s war, and season 2 to start playing the expansion story.

They either need to let you spend your mastery points before that or simply let you disable this pop up. If you guys haven’t heard back from your tickets I will make my own.

Posted by: Oinkus.9471

Oinkus.9471

This is about as annoying as anything that ever bothered me in a game. How does something like this never go away ? Have nowhere to put the point yet and I am going to break my keyboard hitting the esc key.

Posted by: Sleipnir Decayed.8690

Sleipnir Decayed.8690

The major problem seems to be that once the experience bar reaches the level in which you can train the mastery rank, you are prompted to spend the mastery points repetitively despite weather or not you have the required mastery points.

three days prior to this comment I skipped ahead and did the beginning of the HoT story-line to unlock masteries. After they were unlocked, I begun to run around central Tyria and begin training Pact Commander. Before reaching the 4th rank, I saw the horror return. My exp bar started to blink again and the pop-up was back in full force.

I knew that I had to still unlock 3 mastery points to force the pop-up back into it’s cavern again. Thankfully; as far as Mastery points go, there was some low-hanging fruit so within 3-4 hours I had enough to rank it up and start training on the dreaded 5th rank of Pact Commander. I still need 6 more mastery points for it and I live in fear every day as my exp bar is already 1/3rd of the way there. and points are soon going to become more and more difficult to acquire.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There must be some kind of hard-to-track-down bug with this, as I have Mastery Tracks to train, and/or Mastery Points to spend, and I don’t get the pop-up.

Also, this never happened before a certain patch some time ago, now.

I’d hope the Devs are looking into it for all those it affects.