Transmutation Stones Not Fully Carrying Over Item Appearance.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Wolfgang.6489

Wolfgang.6489

A short while ago I purchased a Ghastly Greatsword from the merchant that sells dungeon rewards for Ascalonian Catacombs. I waited around until day cycled into night to check for myself whether the weapon would change in appearance and gain a blueish glow, and it did! Hooray, all those hours of Catacombs dungeon runs with terrible, terrible PuGs had finally paid off.

Unfortunately, that feeling of joy did not last for long. Eager to actually be able to put this fancy new weapon to use, I used a Fine Transmutation Stone to keep the visual appearance of my Ghastly Greatsword while slapping on the more impressive stats of my Vigil Greatsword. Surely, as the purpose of the transmutation stone is to preserve both appearance and stat spread in the creation of a new item, my sword’s neat little trick of changing color at night would still work perfectly.

I was wrong. Upon using the Fine Transmutation Stone to create a new sword with the appearance of one and the stats of another, I found that it did not change in appearance at all. It only showed the appearance of the Ghastly Greatsword as it is during the day, which is rather dull and seems to defeat the point of both the transmutation stone and the sword itself.

I’m reporting this in the hopes that it is indeed considered a bug and will be fixed. Should it instead be declared that the transmutation stones are working as intended, then I would kindly ask for either a refund of the 390 Ascalonian Tears it cost to purchase the Ghastly Greatsword, or simply a replacement Ghastly Greatsword. Those dungeon runs were not all that pleasant, I can assure you, and I can’t help but feel cheated out of the reward.

(edited by Wolfgang.6489)

Posted by: Ibari.1294

Ibari.1294

Interesting finding, my friend.

If it’s a bug, then I hope they do something about it. If it’s working as intended… I love the skin of those Ascalonian Weapons (specially the bows) but I don’t find the “night effect” as pleasant.

Or there’s any other way to obtain the “Day Ascalonian skin”? Anyhow I hope you gain the refund of your tears, adventurer.

One’s curse my be another’s blessing…

…still unsure about my main character.

Wolfgang.6489

To my knowledge there is no other way to obtain that sort of effect on a weapon. I would encourage anyone over level 60 hoping to put these weapons to use to save themselves the trouble of getting so many tokens so long as the transmutation stones behave the way that they do.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Sounds like a bug. It’s probably the case that particle effects on weapons are their own variable in item representation and it isn’t being carried over.

Wolfgang.6489

That’s what I was thinking, but I was hoping for some sort of confirmation. 390 tokens isn’t really cheap, and I don’t see much of a point to the weapons besides their appearance considering how expensive they are and their level.

Wolfgang.6489

Update: Logged in just a while ago and wandered around Frostgorge Sound. It was night in-game, and the sword still wasn’t changing appearance. I went underwater, did some combat, revived a few NPCs, and when I got back to dry land the sword had changed and was displaying the proper appearance.

It stayed that way until I zoned into the Honor of the Waves dungeon, where it again regained the “day time” appearance. When I zoned back out to Frostgorge to check if it was working properly, it did not change back, even though it was still night.

Posted by: Hand of Fate.4569

Hand of Fate.4569

I have the same problem. I used a transmutation stone to try and use the appearance of my flaming gem stone from my elementalist character creation on a new item and now no art appears for the item at all when I equip it.

Strangely, when I go to the character select screen, it DOES show up, but not once I log back into the game.

Posted by: Imspecial.3206

Imspecial.3206

When I first bought the sword it was night cycle (the npc weps were glowing) and it did not glow. I then transmuted the skin onto an 80 rare greatsword. It still doesn’t glow regardless of time for me. I will test underwater>out of water as suggested above then update.

Update: Still won’t glow regardless of time or using water.
If this is not a fixable issue I would like a 390 token refund so I can go for a different reward.

(edited by Imspecial.3206)

Wolfgang.6489

Just to clarify, I have been unable to recreate the situation by going into and out of water. No idea why it happened that one time, it just did.

Posted by: Soutalgon.3827

Soutalgon.3827

They really need to fix this and add back the hidden proc. It is not healing you or stealing health. Arena net please fix this! I grinded so much just to get this weapon to reskin my exotic pearl weapon

Wolfgang.6489

Have yet to see the sword change appearance since that one odd occurrence.

Hand of Fate.4569

Yeah, no way I’ve found to duplicate the temporary fix or anything. It’s incredibly frustrating considering I’ve basically lost my favorite head style item, and a transmutation stone as well!

Posted by: Herionz.6703

Herionz.6703

I think transmutation isn’t the issue. Ascalonian weapons auras aren’t working properly. I’ve been using one for 3 days and only seen it change it’s skin under night time once. The rest of the nights didn’t worked at all.

Posted by: fenowy.5906

fenowy.5906

Herionz is right, I bought ghastly shield but it had just its daily skin all the time (I checked it on few day/night cycles and in different locations). Then I decided to transmute this skin into shield for my level (78) and I went into eternal battlegrounds. After I died few times my skin started working properly (O.o). So this isn’t transmutation issue but skin issue.

Hand of Fate.4569

I don’t care what causes it, I just want the item fixed or to have the old item back. I’d rather have the style and suffer the item penalty for now if they can’t manage to get this fixed.

(edited by Hand of Fate.4569)

Posted by: Ecith.8530

Ecith.8530

I just wanted to add that I bought the 1h sword, and it sometimes glows at night, sometimes doesn’t. I can’t seem to figure out when and when it doesn’t…

Posted by: YXRomeo.9438

YXRomeo.9438

I have a transmuted shield with the ascalonian skin and it too does not seem to be working right. Quite disappointing considering the hours put into getting it…….

hope this bug gets fixed soon

Posted by: Kinto.9485

Kinto.9485

Seems to be working for me o_O. Transmuted into a 80 exotic too. Did you guys make sure you were on your official server and not the overflow? For some reason, overflows will not show the igniting effect for me =(.

And for your guys’s sake, I really do hope its a bug. That shouldn’t be happening.

Attachments:

Dungeon Tutorials and more on This YouTube Channel

Posted by: Cindermaji.8352

Cindermaji.8352

I have the same problem. I used a transmutation stone to try and use the appearance of my flaming gem stone from my elementalist character creation on a new item and now no art appears for the item at all when I equip it.

Strangely, when I go to the character select screen, it DOES show up, but not once I log back into the game.

I’ve got the exact same problem with my storm eye. It appears in character selection, but when I’m actually playing the game, it won’t show up at all.
Hopefully they get around to fixing this!

Posted by: Frosties.3926

Frosties.3926

Same problem here, transmuted into 80 exotic, and no effect on night
EDIT
My started working after few hours.. was in WvWvW and when day turned into night it effects started working so
EDIT2
I’ve noticed that the effect brokes when you tele out of the zone where the effect started, or if you log in during night the effect wont work.

(edited by Frosties.3926)

Posted by: nemeth.4196

nemeth.4196

Just bought the 1h sword, transmuted it onto my lvl 80 weapon and nothing works either. No glow, no heal/health stealth. Tried logging in and out, zoning, dying, going underwater. Nothing works.
EDIT:
I can confirm that logging in during night time makes the effect break and it wont show up no matter what I do. If I played throughout the day ’till night, the effect worked.

(edited by nemeth.4196)

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

What they should also do is, fix the color system.
If you transmute an exotic item’s stats with a green item’s skin, it will create an item with the green letters

Baruch Bay.