Transmutation stones STILL not working

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

I was hoping this latest patch would fix the transmutation stones, but alas, those hopes were unfounded. I’ve got 5 items taking up space in my inventory while I’m running around looking fugly. When will this be fixed?

Also: the tooltip for the “Fine” stones misspells transmutation as transmuation

Posted by: Joxy.6879

Joxy.6879

They are definitly working, I transmuted my items yesterday. Are you sure you’re using the proper transmutation stones for level 80 required items?

Posted by: Mojo.8431

Mojo.8431

in what way is it not working? if you have the wrong type it will not allow you to drag the item in, if you have one of the items equipped it will do nothing when you transmute

TobyTucker.5317

They are definitly working, I transmuted my items yesterday. Are you sure you’re using the proper transmutation stones for level 80 required items?

The fact that I reported the typo on the Fine stones might be a CLUE that I was referring to them. Although I probably should have specified it was the Fine stones that weren’t working for me. I just assumed that if the Fine stones didn’t work, the regular ones weren’t working as well. My bad, I guess. I don’t have any of the regular ones available to test anyway, I got rid of the ones I had as they are of no use to me now.

BTW, I think I would notice any warning that pops up when you try to transmute lvl 80 items using the regular stones. I guess that “good” I get after selecting what I want to keep says something like “bad” or “invalid” instead, I don’t know, but I WOULD notice that it didn’t say “good”.

TobyTucker.5317

in what way is it not working? if you have the wrong type it will not allow you to drag the item in, if you have one of the items equipped it will do nothing when you transmute

Wait, WHAT!?! OK….., it makes sense that you would have to unequip items before you can transmute them, but that didn’t occur to me and I sure don’t recall any instructions in the game to that effect. THANK YOU for pointing that out. I should have found this out earlier, but I thought it a waste of effort to be changing stuff until I got my hands on exotic gear. (My final loadout? Very possibly, as most of the “special” gear doesn’t look terribly attractive.) If nothing else, I learn something new about this game every day!

Note to Devs: Maybe you could have a note displayed on the transmutation panel to the effect that only unequipped items can be transmuted, as a help to the uninitiated.

Posted by: Mojo.8431

Mojo.8431

it was in one of the patch notes but I do agree it should have an error message to explain what happened