Triple Trouble Meta Seemingly Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Paradox- Neither me or my husband attempted the new LS content till this evening until there were some hotfixes applied, because we’ve become leery of the bugs and don’t want to revisit bug tickets and copy/paste responses and whatnot. We experienced the no loot bug on all 3 knights (every person on the OF commented on it, so we know it wasn’t just us) but that was it. I don’t know that waiting for 24 hours would help in the case of the Wurm or Teq bugs, but I think it’s what I’m gonna do for these LS type of patches from now on. The permanent content, well..

Bri, you were much more blunt in your response than either I, or my husband Nicca, were, but we discussed the very same thing as we’ve kept up on this issue, and the other wurm bug issue. We joined the game at the urging of our son who informed us that one of the great things was the communication of the Anet team. That was about 11 months ago. He has since seen the responses to tickets we have submitted, and also been affected by the same bugs. I asked him last night if one of the things Anet wanted to be known for was “on time” content patches, come Hades or high water. Anyway, we both agreed with most all of your post, except for me..I don’t have a Ranger, but my husband does!

Sandie- My family moved from the server my son started playing on originally to BG about a month after Tequatl the Sunless made his debut due to inability to complete not only that event, but pretty much any event on a regular basis. It wasn’t cheap, which is another part of the reason we are not thrilled about achievements being broken. We didn’t guest, we all paid to move multiple characters accounts, start a new guild, etc. We’re just a family guild, so it takes time to build all that up again.

Anywho, we guested before we moved to decide where wanted to go. I’m okay with there being content for large groups, even with using TS. I don’t always use a mic, and my son never does. I just recently convinced my husband to use his, then these bugs happened with the wurm fights and we simply stopped bothering when we realized they weren’t being fixed anytime soon’ish.

I know guesting isn’t always an option and moving really isn’t always an option, I get where you’re coming from, TS isn’t so bad, especially if you find a group with a really good commander. They won’t insist you speak, just that you listen and follow their lead.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Siobhan
If you think my most recent post was blunt, this was toned down considerably from what wanted to post!

This situation with the Wurm meta tracker is just one many indicating to me that Anet has no interest in maintaining customer satisfaction with it’s product, and no intention of supporting the permanent content in this game. It is all about producing gem shop items they think we want to buy, and this terrible 16 month long string of LS temporary content.

Having said that, I am in a EU cross-server guild that still does successful Wurm events on a daily basis. We have around 25 successful Wurm events done, some done with as few as 115 players. The problems with the meta tracker is not preventing us from doing the event, it is just one more annoyance of many with this particular event.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

I’m not talking about wurmicidal maniac but wurmslayer in which you need to kill all 3 heads. I’ve killed them a long time ago and now is back to 0.

will this also be included in the fix?

Posted by: Souff.2671

Souff.2671

Fix asap. Or will we be given wurmslayer armors for recompense? Since we are keep missing its enhanced drop rate till it’s fixed.

I’m not an english speaker. So my english is super poor. Very SOrry!

Posted by: Geoff.2508

Geoff.2508

i’m glad i found this thread as my meta page says 9/10 but i have them all! i did get my barrels to 23 when they changed it. hope it gets resolved in the next patch. :-)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Siobhan
If you think my most recent post was blunt, this was toned down considerably from what wanted to post!

This situation with the Wurm meta tracker is just one many indicating to me that Anet has no interest in maintaining customer satisfaction with it’s product, and no intention of supporting the permanent content in this game. It is all about producing gem shop items they think we want to buy, and this terrible 16 month long string of LS temporary content.

Having said that, I am in a EU cross-server guild that still does successful Wurm events on a daily basis. We have around 25 successful Wurm events done, some done with as few as 115 players. The problems with the meta tracker is not preventing us from doing the event, it is just one more annoyance of many with this particular event.

Honestly, the achievement being bugged seems more of a QoL issue than an actual “game breaking” bug. Unless someone’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too enthusiastic about a title that has no benefit, or really needs those 50 AP because it’s their last incomplete achievement, pushing out a fix for it isnt really a priority. A lot of people dont realize there’s far bigger problems with wurm like the reward vs effort compared to a boss like Tequatl. Plus I dont even see what the meta achievement has to do with dropping wurmslayer armor, as that’s likely a rare chance in the final chest.

Now, the complaint about having to guest to other servers, have you tried leading it yourself? Not to mention there are extremely large guilds that roam servers and organize events. Take advantage of google or yahoo to find such guilds, get an invite or ask to join the raid, etc, voila, you can do wurm.

Siobhan.5273

Honestly, the achievement being bugged seems more of a QoL issue than an actual “game breaking” bug. Unless someone’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too enthusiastic about a title that has no benefit, or really needs those 50 AP because it’s their last incomplete achievement, pushing out a fix for it isnt really a priority. A lot of people dont realize there’s far bigger problems with wurm like the reward vs effort compared to a boss like Tequatl.

As people have stated, regarding this achievement, or the current broken LS achievement(s)- we’d like them fixed because Anet saw fit to make them a big part of the game, and if they’re going to do that, they should be a properly functioning part of the game. You do get rewarded for having a certain amount of achievement points in the game at certain intervals, right? They do matter. What do you care what I, or someone else is enthusiastic about in regards to our GW2 game play experience? If it floats my boat to run around as a Quaggan all day, then that’s my right, they’ve implemented stuff for me to do just that. If that stuff breaks, I have a right to speak up about it. I’m not asking someone to implement an achievement simply to make me feel like I’ve won at the internetz, I’m/we’re asking that something that was broken, be fixed. I’m not asking for a favor, or for someone to do me a solid.

*edit- I do believe you were just here complaining about a broken achievement… that btw, won’t stop you from you getting the meta, unlike this one, whether it’s permanent or not. Broken is broken.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Siobhan.5273

Update Notes:

Triple Trouble

• Fixed an issue that was causing the Wurm Demolitionist achievement to stall out and prevent the meta-achievement from progressing correctly. The meta-achievement should repair itself when players log in if they meet the criteria for completion.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the event to stall out and fail if all three Wurms were decapitated at the exact same time.

I checked mine, and it it is fixed. I know someone else was saying theirs was not. I saw the other wurm bug reported in January, I still have no credit for (Wurmslayer-Defeat each of the great jungle Wurm’s 3 heads), and it doesn’t seem to be mentioned in the notes, not that anyone ever stated it was slated for a fix of any kind… I suppose it can just be done again, and hopefully, for those it bugged on, credit will eventually be given..

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Unsurprisingly, despite fixing this for some, the achievement points weren’t granted. This could be anywhere from minor (5) to massive. (55)

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

Siobhan.5273

Unsurprisingly, despite fixing this for some, the achievement points weren’t granted. This could be anywhere from minor (5) to massive. (55)

I think you’re correct on this, Arkard, but I’ll say, I have logged in I think 3 times in 2 weeks. Once to do the LS event the day after release, when some hotfixes were applied, up until the hotfix that bugged the Knight loot, and then only to check a few things for a few minutes. My family has pretty much stopped playing, my son has moved onto another game he is testing for and just pre-ordered. I am so tired of taking screenshots to verify bugs, and that I’m getting credit for this or that, I didn’t even bother to look beyond the 8/9 or 9/10 count today.

I said it in another thread, and I’ll say it here, “F2P” doesn’t/shouldn’t mean “Fun 2 Punish” with bugs and copy/paste responses to tickets and frustration with broken content. When it stops being fun and it’s seemingly just a long beta, it’s time to stop supporting it in hopes of it getting better (which we’ve done plenty of via the gem store), and that’s what my family/guild has decided to do.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Gandara just managed to kill the wurm, but it seems the Wurmicidal Maniac achievement is still bugged. A lot of us, including myself, didn’t get it. We’ve worked kitten this for about a month now, and when we finally made it (yay), the achievement is bugged (…). Are you still working on this?

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Killed the great jungle wurm again yesterday, same thing – the Wurmicidal Maniac achievement did not unlock.

The attempt for that, we got two heads off, unfortunately failed on the third, but didn’t get any reward chests (which you normally get for at least beheading one or two).

Can we get an update on this?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My sympathies to everybody who has this bug. I was fortunate enough to get my achievements before the Megaserver was introduced, but I know how tough the Wurm is to take down, so not being able to get your achievement after all that effort has to be pretty disheartening.

Posted by: Frenemy.7384

Frenemy.7384

I am also bugged with 9/10 meta. However, I have Wurmicidal Maniac (and the Wurms Bane title) completed, but not Wurmslayer. I have killed each colored head numerous times, but I have still stuck at 1/3 forever, so I cannot acquire the Meta title.

Update: Wurmslayer updates only after Wurmicidal Maniac.

(edited by Frenemy.7384)

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

My sympathies to everybody who has this bug. I was fortunate enough to get my achievements before the Megaserver was introduced, but I know how tough the Wurm is to take down, so not being able to get your achievement after all that effort has to be pretty disheartening.

What’s even worse is that other bugs are cropping up with the world event.

http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Triple-Trouble-Bug-WURM/

http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Did-not-get-reward-chest-for-Triple-Trouble

I hope Anet’s devs would look into this soon.