Trolls End (broken)

Trolls End (broken)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Was mapping LA with an alt and went to do this puzzle as I normally would and found that I could no longer get to the first jump, an invisible wall was blocking it. Has anyone else encountered this yet? Was it another screwy by-product of the maintenance? Will it never be fixed just like Harathi cabbage patch?

Hope some dev can answer this.

Attachments:

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Trolls End (broken)

Posted by: Spekingur.1062

Spekingur.1062

Technically that is not the first jump. You need to go up and fall down a hole.

Trolls End (broken)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That part you’re referring to is actually an unintended shortcut that many players were using to bypass the first part (well, technically the second part) of the JP. It may be that ANet has stealth-fixed it so you can no longer bypass the part where you need to climb up a shaft and drop down onto the first of the stone platforms.

Trolls End (broken)

Turial.1293

I always assumed this was the correct way to do the jumping puzzle XD now I have to go find this bloody shaft. I hate ninja fixes, it would not be so bad if they just told people that the puzzle was not being completed as intended >:( grr.

Trolls End (broken)

Turial.1293

Well after trying it the “correct” way I can say this gets shifted into the annoyingly frustrating category, a single fall now instead of taking a few steps back and trying again it requires you to go the full way around each time and with its cramped nature this just makes it worthless; before I liked to do TE every once in a while as it was not too bad but now I don’t think I’ll ever bother with it again. Great ninja update :/ If they are worried about people farming puzzles then they should just set JP chests to open weekly, very simple.

Trolls End (broken)

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Didn’t even know this shortcut existed…did it the right way all the time.