Trouble at Fort Salma severely bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

1. - If you are downed too many times, Jory and Kas will return to their starting place on the wall and stay there – bugged.
  1. - If you are downed during the boss, Jory and Kas will return to their starting place on the wall and stay there – bugged. Jory will still send minions but her and Kas will just stay chilling on the wall.
  1. - It’s possible to jump or fall into the blockage at the eastern wall and be trapped there without a way out.
  1. - Arrows continue to rain down at the gate even after everyone possibly shooting them is dead.

This is the glitchiest thing I’ve ever played in GW2…

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Confirmed.

1) I was downed once before I got inside the fort at the point I have to look for survivors or something, due to the enemies doing tons of damage and causing tons of conditions. (Seems to be a common theme with this episode)

2) After I got inside the fort and the NPCs went through their dialogue, there was a large green arrow on the map showing the path I needed to take. This was wrong! the path leads down to a pit with monsters and constant poison and I didn’t see a way up there to get to where I needed to go while avoiding the poison. The poison downed me in seconds and the enemies finished me off, all 4 or 5 of them. Marjory tried to revive me after I died in the poison, but the poison did too much damage for me to be revived. Kasmeer just stood there doing absolutely nothing during this time. I had to “Retry at a checkpoint”. I found the path you’re suppose to take to get past the poison area. It was across the southern wall above the poison, not where the giant green arrow on the map pointed which was at the northern end on the other side of the poison.

3) When I got to the green star Marjory gave instructions on what to do while at the same time Kasmeer had spoken dialogue going off at the same time making it hard to understand what I was suppose to do. They kept doing this for a little, both speaking their dialogue at the same time every so often. I was downed by a tendril that was attacking a bone minion and I managed to use my rally skills to kill it which auto revived me. During this time they were both speaking their dialogue at the same time, but as soon as I got back up I noticed that both Marjory and Kasmeer were gone. According to the OP they were on the wall or something. I didn’t look. Due to the bugs I just got out of enemy range, waited until I was out of combat, then used the nearby waypoint to exit the instance, then finally closed the game down for the day.

Edited for typos

Attachments:

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm, I used the big green arrow, and just turned left instead of walking straight down into the pit. Though, it is easier to walk around the fort, I will admit.

The only thing I encountered above, was the arrows raining down after I had killed the last boss. I thought that was a little odd, but…. /shrug

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I did the mission four times. The last two times I didn’t get downed a single time, but Marjory and Kasmeer still disappeared about halfway during the boss fight. I wasn’t sure if that was intended or not (and I didn’t exactly need their additional help), so I just didn’t think anything of it.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

They also disappeared for me without beeing downed after a while.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

Oh I was fine..until after I had killed the big thing and then got stuck in the freakin’ gate! Now i have to do it all again and it took me ages to kill him. Where is the UAT for this game?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I just got done with the quest. I went on top of the walls to get to the arrow cart.

On the boss fight, I believe that Marjory is supposed to be on the wall to supply you with the Bone Minions. But I don’t know what Kas is supposed to be doing. It would have been nice to have some more help.

Every time I tried to run to the next bone minion to get the wolf, I would get there in time for the minion to die. So I stayed in one spot and waited for the wolf right when it appeared. Took a long time to down the boss this way but I wasn’t frantically running around at least.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

the bubbles that are supposed to protect you from boss projectiles also stop your projectiles so you can’t attack it or defend the minions

RoseofGilead.8907

the bubbles that are supposed to protect you from boss projectiles also stop your projectiles so you can’t attack it or defend the minions

Yeah. I found that out during my attempt to get the achievement where you can’t get hit by the boss’ pollen or whatever. It was just easier (and faster) to constantly kite around the boss and avoid any circles on the ground.

Posted by: Sehson.2930

Sehson.2930

Dear Dev’s Please please put a exit instance icon in the LS story items just like the normal story instances, that way we have an escape hatch to exit the instance back to the start if we wind up being bug stuck.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Dear Dev’s Please please put a exit instance icon in the LS story items just like the normal story instances, that way we have an escape hatch to exit the instance back to the start if we wind up being bug stuck.

logging out will exit the instance as well.

Posted by: TheWalkerGeek.7589

TheWalkerGeek.7589

I am another player with this issue. I am unable to complete this instance.

Also, as another issue – the Mordem Thrasher’s health resets every now and again.

Devs, PLEASE read this thread and fix the issue.

Posted by: Argo The Swift.6214

Argo The Swift.6214

I encountered a different bug here. Before entering the fort, you are asked by Belinda Delaqua to find and bring back a portion of her squad close by. After helping these soldiers out with their fights and reviving their fallen, they went into formation and stopped moving whatsoever. My marker moved back to the fort, but without the soldiers the gates wouldn’t open and I was forced to redo the quests.

Luckily for me it’s right at the start of the quest, so hardly any time and effort were lost.

(Bug reported)

EDIT

I think I’ve figured out what caused the bug. During my first two tries I revived all five of the soldiers with my Spirit of Nature’s skill Nature’s Renewal. This is not supposed to happen, as only one of the soldiers can actually be revived. The other four soldiers cannot be revived in the usual way. During my third attempt I only revived the one soldier and the quest progressed normally.

(edited by Argo The Swift.6214)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I encountered a different bug here. Before entering the fort, you are asked by Belinda Delaqua to find and bring back a portion of her squad close by. After helping these soldiers out with their fights and reviving their fallen, they went into formation and stopped moving whatsoever. My marker moved back to the fort, but without the soldiers the gates wouldn’t open and I was forced to redo the quests.

Luckily for me it’s right at the start of the quest, so hardly any time and effort were lost.

(Bug reported)

There were soldiers ? For me there was just one single NPC i had to revive .. and i also was downed in that try. But it also was a little strange for me to hear something about a squad just to save one single person.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

RoseofGilead.8907

(Bug reported)

There were soldiers ? For me there was just one single NPC i had to revive .. and i also was downed in that try. But it also was a little strange for me to hear something about a squad just to save one single person.

If you get over there quickly, there are four or five soldiers fighting the mobs there (and one dead/rezzable NPC). One of the bonus achievements is getting there and saving them before any of the soldiers (not the rezzable one, since he seems to be downed the whole time) can die.

Posted by: Premium.4075

Premium.4075

This buggy crap is starting to really frustrate me -.- the whole fight is complete nonsense.

Posted by: Elunarie.9283

Elunarie.9283

Here’s something really interesting. One time I was downed next to Kasmeer, and she started to res me.. and then she disappeared. What this did, was give me a permanent someone is ressing me health regen + sparkly effects + sound effect of it until the end of the instance.

// Bathea Havocbringer \\

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah. It seems that after a certain amount of time, both Kasmeer and Marjory disappear from that fight. Thankfully Marjory still keeps on sending her minions, but the loss of Kasmeer’s reflection and Time Warp fields really hurts.

With regards to the green arrow, you actually needed to pay attention to what the NPCs are saying. Marjory says that “we’ll go over the walls” as it’ll be safer. That was the cue to NOT go into the green, poison-filled pit.

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

^this. I got downed by a mordrem wolf whilst inside Kasmeer’s feedback bubble and to my horror my downed skills (I was on my warrior) didn’t harm the wolf at all. So of course I died

Posted by: LaoShin.2986

LaoShin.2986

I would like to know why I my game client consistently crashes at Fort Salma during the cinematic cutscene where the large thrasher bursts up from the ground right after doing the arrow carts killing the mobs

Posted by: Silvr.7403

Silvr.7403

I had the same issue with Marjory and Kasmeer suddenly teleporting back to the wall during that part with the exploding minions. (I died and saw them on the run back, still yelling like they were still fighting.)
I’d like to know if that’s supposed to happen, since it seems to have happened to a number of people.

I don’t remember Kasmeer doing anything in the first place except running around and yelling until the suddenly-teleporting-to-the-wall thing — no protective bubbles other people have mentioned — which definitely seems to be an error.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

It might be best to have us rez on the wall by the arrow cart, if possible. Not sure why that’s not the case in the first place.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: nappunkitty.2047

nappunkitty.2047

Just wanted to bump this thread—I finally got to Trouble at Fort Salma, and when I die Kas and Jory will not move from their original positions. Tried to complete this mission last night and again tonight—last night I successfully ressed 4 times (yes, and I’m still not through it!), but today the first time I died K and J were stuck at their starting position for the mission.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

also want to say Kas and Jory disappear after a while even if you don’t get downed (not that it matters) during the boss fight. i will say they stink at getting aggro for you during the arrow cart phase.

other than that, i have yet to experience the other bugs in my 5 times doing the mission.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I’m trying this later than most, I guess, but I just wanted to bump this thread and say the instance is still bugged. The NPCs do not help me, although they do follow me for part of the time.

I couldn’t use the arrow cart because the mobs teleported from the gate to the walls and buried me. (No NPC help.) When the big thrasher plant showed up, bone minions began limping toward it and I was able to keep the wolves off them, but they all died on the thrasher’s ground-thorn defenses. Since the thrasher is utterly invulnerable, and the NPCs MIA, I have no idea how to complete this.

Very disappointing.

Posted by: LadyDarkFire.5496

LadyDarkFire.5496

Confirmed, Fort Salma still bugged, anytime I was downed, ALL of the stages of the instance would reset and NPCS would disappear. Arrows rain down from front gate, downed seraph soldier reappears on map, and the minions no longer affect the boss. Restarted twice to try and fix, no dice.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I didn’t see any of these problems with it, although I waited and did it just before Dragon’s Reach p1 was released, also… mesmer… Most I think were just the typical release day bugs, and were fixed, but the more recent ones would definitely be an issue. I didn’t get downed on it when I did it, though, so I didn’t run into these problems. I’d suggest having someone with you, that should avoid the downed and resetting issue, well, as long as someone is alive. It’s intended to be done with others, although it is definitely possible to do alone, just more difficult, especially if you are squishy. On the ac, I’d say to immediately get off of it when something appears on the wall, as I do remember getting knocked around >.>

Also reports on here can get noticed and if they can recreate the issues, they can fix them, so I’m not trying to dismiss, but try to suggest what may help get around it for now.