Trying to leave Bell Choir reloads Bell Choir

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Every time I try to leave the Bell Choir (I click the leave instance button) it brings up the loading screen for DR, which then takes it’s time and loads. But the second the DR loading screen is done it just comes up with the Bell Choir loading screen again and plonks me right back in the Bell Choir instance. Which is where I was trying to leave. The second attempt to leave almost always works, but it is hugely frustrating having to do it twice every single time, my internet isn’t super fast and DR takes a while to load.

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

This occurs with other Wintersday events as well. Are you entering these events initially through the portal, or by talking to the NPC? Was talking to a friend about this and we both noticed it happening if we walked through the portal (and then tried to leave the instance) BUT if we talked to the NPC to get into the activity, it never occurred.

Give that a go and see.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

This occurs with other Wintersday events as well. Are you entering these events initially through the portal, or by talking to the NPC? Was talking to a friend about this and we both noticed it happening if we walked through the portal (and then tried to leave the instance) BUT if we talked to the NPC to get into the activity, it never occurred.

Give that a go and see.

I was thinking about it earlier today and thought that might be the cause. I do enter through the portal, and I’m wondering if the first time it tries to load you back into DR it simply throws you back through the portal. Easily fixed by making us load near the WP like the Jumping Puzzle does when you leave it.

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

Give that a go and see.

I was thinking about it earlier today and thought that might be the cause. I do enter through the portal, and I’m wondering if the first time it tries to load you back into DR it simply throws you back through the portal. Easily fixed by making us load near the WP like the Jumping Puzzle does when you leave it.

Yup, except, I’ve had that happen with the JP even though it loads you near the WP. I’m not really sure what’s going on there with spawn points and so on, but either way, talking to NPCs for all activities has been the safest way I’ve found to avoid that bug.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

I get the same bug with Spvp. Once I enter a match(not even start it) I’m stuck there untill the score pops at the end. If i switch to a different toon Saved at another location, it pulls that toon to the pvp match, logging out completely doesn’t help either, SAME THING!

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

yeah don’t enter thru the portal pulls you twice, just talk to npc to get in.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

The portals are broken. When you exit it drops you on the portal which puts you back in. Unfortunately for Toypocalypse you can’t talk to the NPC to enter, so you’re nearly guaranteed to be put back in when you exit.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Just chiming in. You can’t talk to the Toypocalypse NPC standing next to the portal (he is a toy soldier) to have it send you in. You can’t even ‘greet’ him. The only way to enter is by going into the portal so I’m stuck having to leave the map twice while sitting for a couple minutes waiting for it to load. It usually takes around 30 seconds to load into a map. So that’s about 30 seconds on Divinity’s Reach load screen then another 30 seconds on the Toypocalypse, then another 30 on Divinity’s Reach before I’m finally out of the Toypocalypse map (approximate times since I never actually timed it).

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I get the same bug with Spvp. Once I enter a match(not even start it) I’m stuck there untill the score pops at the end. If i switch to a different toon Saved at another location, it pulls that toon to the pvp match, logging out completely doesn’t help either, SAME THING!

That isn’t a bug, this is a measure used to stop people bailing on pvp matches leaving their team 4v5.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]