Two Weapon Sigils not Working Together

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Twain.4273

Twain.4273

I have a sword equipped with a Minor Sigil of Bloodlust. This sigil gives +5 power on kill. My staff is equipped with a Minor Sigil of Corruption. This sigil gives +5 condition damage on kill.
However, I notice that I will either gain a stack of Bloodlust or a stack of Corruption, not both. Whatever stack builds is the first one I got a kill with.

I feel like this is a bug, and was wondering if anyone else had this issue or if they purposely made it so these two do not work together.

Posted by: Myrik.7204

Myrik.7204

Twain IIRC the Sigil’s only works on your active weapons. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure I’m not.

Posted by: Dragonz.6953

Dragonz.6953

only active weapon sigil applies. but this is actually a bug in my opinion because when i use double daggers and put + cond dmg and + summoning token on the other only the + cond dmg applies after every kill.

Twain.4273

What do you mean active? They’re both the weapons I swap with `. I had a different type of sigil on one earlier and they worked fine.

Myrik.7204

Only the current weapon you are attacking with will have their sigil used. I as a Mesmer use Sword and Pistol and a greatsword, my greatsword has a Sigil of corruption, I only get the Stacks of corruption for the kills (killing blow) with the greatsword my Sword has bloodlust and my pistol has a sigil of Luck +0.2% magic find per kill, Once again i only get these stacks if my sword and pistol skills are active when I kill the mob. Hope that helps

Twain.4273

Yeah I know that part.. I just think it would make sense if I could get kills with my Staff to get a few stacks of Corruption, then switch to my sword and then be able to also get stacks of Bloodlust.

Myrik.7204

In that regard yes it is bugged. I am able to switch to gain stacks of both.