URGENT: Auto attacking through structures.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Old Timez.5194

Old Timez.5194

This bug is being heavily abused in WvW right now. Revenant with ranged hammer and Necros (I think staff? Attack animation is a hand) auto attacks can go straight through walls. This may apply to other classes but these two are the ones I’ve spotted most used so far.

By angling the camera and selecting Siege located behind line of sight on walls or for example clicking on Trebuchets and Arrow Carts through the gap between the Gates and the arch above, you can then autoattack them through the Walls or Gates destroying them. Other use cases are applying damage on a ranged enemy on the wall even if they back away line of sight.

Destroying siege through terrain is a big problem with Towers being particularly vulnerable in WvW right now. There is almost no spot inside that siege can be placed that is able to effectively defend, without invaders being able to select and destroy them through walls.

Your QA team should have no problem replicating this bug. I was hoping the 17th Nov patch would have fixed it but I guess not so I hope this will bring it’s attention to someone at Anet. Please fix this exploit abuse is running rampant in WvW right now.

(edited by Old Timez.5194)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: hophopcool.7618

hophopcool.7618

this has been in the game since day 1 i do not believe it is a bug. if it was i think they would of removed it by now.

i remember Elis dragon tooth was best for doing this before they changed it