Unable to Login/Disconnected After Map Change

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: kriadydragon.8601

kriadydragon.8601

Dang it and I was just one daily away from retirement… I mean dailies.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

The Bad News: Can’t load a character into the game world from the character selection screen due to reported network error after an apparent timeout. Running “gw2.exe -repair” doesn’t resolve this. Accessing the Contacts panel from the character selection screen and changing my status to “Online” doesn’t resolve this.

The Good News: The Heart of Thorns soundtrack is awesome.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I was just entering Metrica from Rata Sum to hit the FE when this went down. I think I need to file a Metrica Police report about getting ganked by the Hell’s Asura gang.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: mathion.8549

mathion.8549

Add me to the list. Worked fine until I logged out to get a different character. Now, can log in, and select a character, but can’t connect. Same error code. Same everything.

Are the servers being attacked again? Or did someone trip over a power cord in the server farm?

(Edit) Noticed that if you sit for several minutes on the character screen, it will let you back in. Selecting a character right off the bat… Not so much. Has anyone else tried that?

Posted by: Hellsing.4590

Hellsing.4590

Im stuck in LA…im worried if i port anywhere…i’ll lose my connection…

Posted by: mikifong.2510

mikifong.2510

Seems a new patch is out , mine is suddenly patching.

Posted by: Damian.8570

Damian.8570

please fix this login issue, it’s annoying.
Make a proper announcement about it so that the players can know what’s going on or at least give us an estimated waiting time so that we can stop logging in every minute hoping for a change.

Posted by: Ghrim.7419

Ghrim.7419

New patch came out and I am still unable to log into ANY of my existing characters. If I make a new character I can log into that as long as I don’t leave the “tutorial” area.

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

entire party in FotM just started receiving insane lag from the depths of hell. is this part of the same issue? anet pls talk to us

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Posted by: Kestrel.5091

Kestrel.5091

been having this issue for 45 mins now….when I am able to log on the minute i go to new zone I crash and the whole process starts over, room mate has zero issues….I am giving up for the night and moving to a different game

Posted by: sulla.7503

sulla.7503

same as…cannot access char from loading page…not first time this has happened either

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

Could not enter my story instance Prisoners of the Dragon, quit and relaunched, DID NOT download a new patch, now getting 1083 error.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I think they are kind of busy fixing the problem.
Those fixing the problem would need to stop fixing the problem in order to tell someone not fixing the problem what the status of fixing the problem is so this person can then relay the status of fixing the problem to the people here asking for the status of the problem being fixed.

Basically, patience. The world will un-end soon.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Majic.4801

Just got in!

This is the first time it’s worked since the offending update hit, so something did change. We’ll see how it goes.

Posted by: XgoroX.6920

XgoroX.6920

getting same error, can’t log in to a character. i get stuck on a loading screen. then i get a 1083 error

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Still cant login for me!

Edit: 5 trys later it finally let me on my ranger.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: nepeta.6870

nepeta.6870

I had the error code 1083:5:7:1595:101 but can now log in. Game is very laggy right now, though.

Posted by: Strawberry Cheesecake.8964

Strawberry Cheesecake.8964

I am having the same issue where i tried going to a new charr are and now two of my characters can now no longer log in, and I continue to get the same error code as others who have replied.

Posted by: Prokofiev.2980

Prokofiev.2980

Don’t worry about not being able to log in. The lag in game is horrible right now. It takes 10+ seconds to execute any action.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

I think they are kind of busy fixing the problem.
Those fixing the problem would need to stop fixing the problem in order to tell someone not fixing the problem what the status of fixing the problem is so this person can then relay the status of fixing the problem to the people here asking for the status of the problem being fixed.

Basically, patience. The world will un-end soon.

Pretty much this. We’ll let you know status as soon as we are able to do so. We’re still investigating a fix.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Majic.4801

In-Game, With Major Lag

I was able to log in one of my characters in Divinity’s reach, and experienced significant latency with item/character interactions. Several people were complaining about lag in map chat as well.

My pings to the game server are normal, so it looks like a server-side problem, not a network connectivity problem.

Waypointed successfully to Brisban Wildlands, saw similar complaints about lag in map chat, and moved to a map gate to enter Metrica Province. There was a delay of several seconds before the gate triggered, but I successfully entered Metrica.

Same problems with latency in Metrica, and people complaining about massive lag in map chat. Running past hostile mobs doesn’t seem to draw aggro, and I’m not in the mood to test how long I would live in combat without being able to respond.

So I’m able to get into the maps, but the game is effectively unplayable.

Posted by: Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

And presumably they are now short-staffed in QA since whoever approved the release is out job hunting?

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Like the post above says, it now seems like entire game is lagging.

Posted by: Spyware.9314

Spyware.9314

Entire game went lag crazy, and then everything sped up (zero cast time), and not just myself, other people experiencing same thing. And then gw2 broke what do

Suicide Girls [SG]
Fort Aspenwood

Majic.4801

UPDATE: Was just able to complete Fire Elemental and, after some fumbling around for a key, the golem as well.

The latency seems to have reduced quite a bit now, at least in this instance of Metrica.

Time to explore around and see what other potential patch- and lag-related mysteries Tyria holds.

Posted by: Khazeda.9386

Khazeda.9386

Can’t enter to map to :/

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

Stuck at Map Load

Now having this problem also; Tried on multiple characters, in various maps, no luck on any of them. Stuck permanently at 0% loading on map load screen, or I get timed out with a network error. Can still login and go to character select just fine, though. Just can’t progress beyond there.

If I had known this was going on I wouldn’t have tried to leave Verdant Brink (which was still working fine while I was actually there, though I can’t get into it now) and head into Auric Basin (was only going to grab the portal WP then go back to Verdant Brink anyway lol). Now I can’t play any character anywhere :p.

On EU Server BTW, Gandara, if it means anything.

(edited by KotCR.6024)

Posted by: Settes.3960

Settes.3960

I was in normally working Metrica Province. We did Fire Elemental and when people left it for next boss I was asked to change the map because this one will be closed. I can’t log with any character to any map since I tried to change the instance.

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Seems to be hit and miss for me. Most of the time I get an error message or infinite loading screen when I try to log in on a character. I get in some times, but then I usually get the same issue when I try to change maps.

[qT] Necro main.

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

We will bring the servers down for maintenance in 20 minutes. Estimated downtime will be 30 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

Content Marketing Lead

StinVec.3621

We will bring the servers down for maintenance in 20 minutes. Estimated downtime will be 30 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for the update! And thank you to everyone’s efforts in correcting the issues.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Ran into this bug around 10:20 Pacific Time. Was working through my wrap-up routine and attempted to get into my home instance on my main character (Daredevil) and it got stuck on the loading screen then got the unable to connect to server error and the code: 1083:5:7:1595:101. Although I was unable to load my other HOT character (Druid) I was able to load another non-HOT character. After that I could load my main – however, it bugged again when I attempted to enter my home instance with my main.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: AGamer.3168

AGamer.3168

Emergency maintenance I guess. Hope it’s resolved.

-AGamer The One Man Army

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

How long will this last?

Attachments:

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: DKs Vertix.9301

DKs Vertix.9301

I could select toons, but no matter where I’d try to go: PvE, PvP, WvW, the map loaded up and then the server kicked me out from the game.

Then I tried client’s -repair function. It helped me this much, that now I’m stuck with Mad King’s Lab’s infinite loop of Network error (1083:5:7:1595:101).

This game is unplayable. Does Anet have ANYKIND of QA at all? Otherwise, where is MY payment for being QA?

Well, off to Halloween in Original Guild Wars in the meanwhile.

Posted by: crepuscular.9047

crepuscular.9047

Ci7-4471 + Corsair Hydro H100i | EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB | Samsung EVO PRO

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

The game crash nearly everytime I try to log a character, or crash after I try to change for an other map.

Still happening even now.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: crepuscular.9047

crepuscular.9047

thumbs down

The game crash nearly everytime I try to log a character, or crash after I try to change for an other map.

scroll up your screen and read what anet said

Ci7-4471 + Corsair Hydro H100i | EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB | Samsung EVO PRO

Posted by: Asgard.7251

Asgard.7251

Same as above.

I played for 1 min in Lions Arch, after that i switched to a HoT map, after loading for a long time i got disconnected and connect anymore ever sinds (connection error).

Build: 54696
Error Code: 11:1001:8008:188

Posted by: Control.8154

Control.8154

I’m getting the same exact error with the same exact Build Number and Error Code!

Posted by: cosmos.9532

cosmos.9532

I can’t log in >_<

Thief 80 Necromancer 80 [FTF]

StinVec.3621

Edit:
Wiped post due to latest dev response making this post no longer relevant.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Last dev response:

Current Status:
Servers have been down for 28 of the estimated 30 minutes needed to perform the maintenance.

Sometimes things may take longer than estimated. Thank you once again for your understanding and patience.

Content Marketing Lead

StinVec.3621

Last dev response:

Current Status:
Servers have been down for 28 of the estimated 30 minutes needed to perform the maintenance.

Sometimes things may take longer than estimated. Thank you once again for your understanding and patience.

Completely understandable!

Just wanted to help and keep a running status of the situation for those coming to find out why they can’t log in and assure them that it’ll likely be over soon.

If I could hand-deliver coffee and doughnuts/tea and strudel to you and the techs I would. I’ve had nights like this. I’d say they weren’t fun, but I’d be lying – I find crunch-time emergency tech squad to be a fun job.

Posted by: Piper halliwell w.6578

Piper halliwell w.6578

So this is not compromised or hacked attack on my account?

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

As of this moment, we’re looking at the game coming back online in about an hour. Thanks for hanging in there with us!

Content Marketing Lead

Posted by: Grimmjowned.7965

Grimmjowned.7965

Sword Art Online: They can’t log out.
Guild Wars 2: We can’t log in.
But in all seriousness, would absolutely love feedback on this. So far nothing on the forums (on what works at least) and nothing on the facebook page. Kinda disappointed in paying so much money on the expansion pack for broken content.

Posted by: Teaniel.9052

Teaniel.9052

Hooray! I’m back on! Thank you devs and everyone who worked to fix this problem. Hope others are returning to the game without issues as well.

We’re going to devote our energies to sports, gardening, all the cultural pursuits;
in fact, we’re going to put the goons to sleep.
Meanwhile – we dig.

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Sword Art Online: They can’t log out.
Guild Wars 2: We can’t log in.
But in all seriousness, would absolutely love feedback on this. So far nothing on the forums (on what works at least) and nothing on the facebook page. Kinda disappointed in paying so much money on the expansion pack for broken content.

We do not post maintenance updates or that type of messaging on Facebook because Facebook severely limits how many people we are able to reach on that platform. We have been posting updates both on the forums and Twitter, per our usual procedure.

Again we apologize for the down time. Our team has been working diligently on the issues.

Content Marketing Lead

Posted by: Arisydo.3159

Arisydo.3159

i am still having a network error when trying to log on to any of my characters.

Edit: i have managed to get back on, hopefully i can keep it that way. good to see such hard working devs, sadly that is kinda rare in mmos these days.

(edited by Arisydo.3159)