Unable to Login/Disconnected After Map Change

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DiscipleofLaw.3796

DiscipleofLaw.3796

I didn’t have to repair. It seems to be working now.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I still can’t log in with my warrior, but I can log in with my guardian? I want to play my warrior, though. ;_;

Others have reported that if you can log into one character, if you travel to the same map as a character that you cannot log into, it will unbug that one and you can then log into that character.

So if your warrior is in Rata Sum but cannot log in to it, log in with your Guardian and travel to Rata Sum with it, then load into your warrior and it may load properly.

I hope this helps you.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Lord Victor.2174

Lord Victor.2174

Didn’t repair my client, but it’s working for me now. Maybe it was on the server side?

Posted by: Nikizi.7681

Nikizi.7681

I seem to be having a different error than what I’ve seen others complain about. I try to open up the client, it starts trying to download whatever “patch” they’ve cooked up this time and then repeatedly tells me “connection error” then starts downloading again until it’s almost complete, then permanently tells me there is a connectivity issue and refuses to download any further. My boyfriend battled with this for 3 hours last night following every solution he could find to no avail. I’m really bent out of shape about this considering we had just dropped $100 to expand both our accounts like many other players have as well. Pleas fix this asap since we also have a limited time to play the Halloween event!

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

It’s not “fixed” on the server side. I’m still unable to load characters into HotM and LA on one account. My other account couldn’t load into Plains of Ashford or directly into a pvp arena yesterday, but can today.

Repairing main account now. Either way…oy, what a mess.

Edit: Happy to say that after using the -repair commandline option everything looks good (so far). Loading maps properly now.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Network Error
Please check your internet connection and try again
(1083:5:7:1595:101)

Not fixed.

StinVec.3621

I seem to be having a different error than what I’ve seen others complain about. I try to open up the client, it starts trying to download whatever “patch” they’ve cooked up this time and then repeatedly tells me “connection error” then starts downloading again until it’s almost complete, then permanently tells me there is a connectivity issue and refuses to download any further. My boyfriend battled with this for 3 hours last night following every solution he could find to no avail. I’m really bent out of shape about this considering we had just dropped $100 to expand both our accounts like many other players have as well. Pleas fix this asap since we also have a limited time to play the Halloween event!

Heya, do you know if your boyfriend had tried the Command Prompt > “netsh winsock reset” (without the quotes) solution to see if that would help? If yes, and it did not, I’ll do some digging and see if I can think of a more likely solution for the specific situation you two are experiencing.

(if you want to try something else, if you’ve not tried it yet, try adding one of these command line arguments to your game shortcut to see if it helps:

• Close your game/launcher
  • Right-click your game shortcut and select ‘Properties’
  • On the ‘Shortcut’ tab, the first line says “Target:”, immediately after the end quotation marks in this field, put a space and then add -clientport 443
    It will look like this (but with your installation location):
    “F:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -clientport 443
  • Make sure there is a space between the " and -clientport 443
  • Run the shortcut and see if you can patch properly without the connection problem
  • If it still gives the “Connection Error(s), retrying…” message, try closing it and changing the 443 to 80 and try again.

About this command and why it may help solve the problem:

-clientport 80 (or 443)
Instructs the client to connect to the game servers over port 80 (HTTP) instead of the industry standard gaming port 6112. Some ISPs throttle different port traffic at different times of day so this helps some people get a better connection. (It isn’t the default because some ISPs also modify port 80 traffic, which will break the game connection.) In December 2014 an additional valid argument was added “443”; this is the standard HTTPS port, and may be more reliable for some players. It is hoped that port 443 is less likely to be modified by ISPs since it usually passes encrypted traffic that appears to an ISP to be noise.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Rafael.6210

Rafael.6210

Hi. AreanaNet. I found issues.
I used [Teleport to Friend] from Lions Arch to Dance Floor in Tangled Depths my friend here.But disconnect. so I login soon.
But I stay Lions Arch & I lost [Teleport to Friend].
Please Fix issues. Please back me [Teleport to Friend].

Posted by: NiffyinaJiffy.1532

NiffyinaJiffy.1532

If what the other user suggested doesn’t work, try repairing your client. This happened to several friends of mine when they tried downloading the expac, repairing the client worked for them.

I am now able to log back in to Guild Wars 2, no more infinite loading screen.

Posted by: WickedRabies.7036

WickedRabies.7036

I’m trying this right now;
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client
But this is a problem that happened last night after the update, and I was hoping it’d be resolved by morning. Obviously not. I’m getting the same message that reads;
Network error –
Please check your Internet connection and try again.
(Code=1083:5:7:1595:101)
I went into my CMD to refresh my network ID, considering I am on a network and we’ve run into clashing IPs before. So I redid it with ipconfig /release and followed with ipconfig /renew after waiting a couple minutes for a disconnection confirmation to reconnect. Didn’t work. So. I’m trying to fix it. Again.

EDIT;
Not Responding. Restarted. Looking pretty bad.

(edited by WickedRabies.7036)

Posted by: Cassellw.4731

Cassellw.4731

ok so since most of yall are getting in once repairing, i’ll repair my client for the 3rd time. i ran it last nite before i went to bed for the 2nd time but i couldnt log in this morning still, so just started running the repair client version i have saved and hopefully this 3rd time will be the charm and get me back ing ame.
if nto ill try changing characters but sadly im in tangled depths and no alts are even close to there so hoping i dont have to map out to maps to get there on my revnenant

StinVec.3621

ok so since most of yall are getting in once repairing, i’ll repair my client for the 3rd time. i ran it last nite before i went to bed for the 2nd time but i couldnt log in this morning still, so just started running the repair client version i have saved and hopefully this 3rd time will be the charm and get me back ing ame.
if nto ill try changing characters but sadly im in tangled depths and no alts are even close to there so hoping i dont have to map out to maps to get there on my revnenant

I’m not sure if mapping with a loggable character to the same map as a stuck character is a requirement for that trick to work. Perhaps the act of changing maps (to any map) in and of itself is enough. I hope it helps and you can load the character you want to play until they get around to working on this problem again today. :\

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Logged in with my alts and it fixed my main.

Posted by: Valreth.1309

Valreth.1309

I too am having the Network error issue. I can log in, but once I select a character and the game is at the loading screen, I get the error. This issue started last night.

“Network error.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
(Code=1083:5:7:1595:101)”

Update I had tried logging onto a few of my other characters, still getting the issue. However, once I tried logging onto the character I was on when the issues started last night, the character loaded, and I was able to load my other characters after this too.

Posted by: Zues.4689

Zues.4689

Not been able to log in to a character since last night, keep getting network error.

Posted by: StarSilverZero.5673

StarSilverZero.5673

^ Same here. I was expected it should be fixed but turns out it was not. Tried twice get in there, expect Characters screen is fine.

Crystal Desert; = Inahime Knight, Raij Knight, Kari Knight, Midgal,
Tarnished Coast; = Ina McKnight, Vivina,

Posted by: maethor.1503

maethor.1503

I tried repair. I do not have the expansion. My husband does. He can get in, I can not. None of my characters can enter the world. When i try, i get disconnected from the server.

Posted by: Ryan Horbal.9120

Ryan Horbal.9120

Tried login in with multiple character on the Eredon Terrace and it gets to the map loading screen and then I get a connection error. This has been going on since the patch last night. I am currently trying to repair the game files so when it is completed Ill let you all know how it goes…

Posted by: Hubris.7436

Hubris.7436

I can log in but when I choose a character I get a network error after a certain period of time when trying to load into a map. Please fix

Posted by: Ryan Horbal.9120

Ryan Horbal.9120

I just repaired the game files and I got in no problem… Good Luck to all!

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Has ANet given us an update on this since last night? I know they said they were going to work on it this morning but it’s already 2pm here on the East Coast.

Posted by: DeVangelous.2876

DeVangelous.2876

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one suffering this dilemma. I’m trying the -repair tag. It’s taking a while, but I fingers-cross this method works.

EDIT: Repairing works. I’ve tried logging in with all of my characters before to no avail. Came across this thread and followed the suggesting to run the repair tag, and that works.

Attachments:

(edited by DeVangelous.2876)

Posted by: Asgard.7251

Asgard.7251

Still having the same problems as this morning?
Is this a non fixable problem, if i see how many people have this?

Repairing doesnt work, crashes all the time, thanks do.

PLEASE FIX IT

Posted by: Asgard.7251

Asgard.7251

Well after a crash of my repair… the game works again.
Dont know how, but glad it works again.

Thought ill let u know

Posted by: LindseyMarie.5931

LindseyMarie.5931

I’m still unable to log in. Getting error code 1083:5:7:1595:101

Posted by: DKs Vertix.9301

DKs Vertix.9301

Well, did the -repair after last update, I get no DCs anymore. Guess -repair cleared out some malfunctioning code that the last update did not.

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Don’t do a repair. It takes too long.

Delete GW2’s temporary file so it has to regenerate the file. You’ll only lose your graphics and sound settings but that’s it.

It fixed it for me.

Go here: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 and delete the “Local.dat” file.

Posted by: Northwinds.3045

Northwinds.3045

My friend and I were unable to access the game for over an hour yesterday. the details …

On 10/28/2015 at around 6:30 PM PST after logging in I was at the load screen for Lion’s Arch for kittenual amount of time. A few minutes into my session I got a message in chat saying a new build was being install and my session would restart in an hour. However after just a few minutes I ported to the capital city in Asura, again long load times.

I finally got in but when I ported again after long load screen I would get a client disconnect error. This lasted for about 90 minutes. Finally got in. When I went to the new zone (from Brisban) the game was not very responsive. I would hit a command and my character would react about 2 seconds later making combat not possible.

After about 3 total hours I gave up.

Both my friend and I had a similar experience. He’s on the east coast (with a new high performance PC) I’m on the west coast. We even tried to guest on another server with no better result.

Worst part was there was no communication from Arena Net that I could find.

Posted by: Nikizi.7681

Nikizi.7681

If what the other user suggested doesn’t work, try repairing your client. This happened to several friends of mine when they tried downloading the expac, repairing the client worked for them.

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I am now able to load the client and login.

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Look at my post above yours. Try what I said.

Posted by: mudvayne.9716

mudvayne.9716

I’m Still getting this code=1083:5:7:1595:101 Help !!!!

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Delete GW2’s temporary file so it has to regenerate the file. You’ll only lose your graphics and sound settings but that’s it.

It fixed it for me.

Go here: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 and delete the “Local.dat” file.

I am getting same error code 1083:5:7:1595:101 yet hubby is upstairs on GW2 playing away. We are on same internet…… So I looked to see if others were having the same issues and found this thread.

I just deleted the “Local.dat” file and that worked just fine! Thanks!

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Still stuck. Character select loads, but cannot load into the maps. Says it’s my internet, but we know how that goes don’t we.

Posted by: bjchase.3074

bjchase.3074

It fixed it for me.

This seems to have worked. Thank you for the post.

After last nights build update I was either getting the error or stuck on the load screen after selecting a character. I got home just now and the same thing was going on. I did the above suggestion and I was able to get in. I’m getting a bit tired of wondering if I will be able to log in after every update or at anytime I want to play really.

Stormbluff Isle
Straight Outta Kryta [KRTA]
I fart in your general direction

Posted by: InPhamouZ.9732

InPhamouZ.9732

It fixed it for me.

Just want to confirm this one on my end as well.
By doing this, it fixed my issue as well.

Thank You!

Posted by: Alakazoune.1947

Alakazoune.1947

Exactly same stuff for me here. Sometime I can log in but I fear each and single loading screen. Sometime I’m lucky, sometime I’m salty that I paid for an expansion that has some “minor bug”. When you can’t play at all, I don’t call that a minor bug, I call that a MAJOR bug wich needs fixing ASAP. Error msg as following (like everyone else) 1083:5:7:1595:101

Posted by: DragonicTerror.6412

DragonicTerror.6412

Confirm that repairing the client works.

Go do it now fellows. Just append -repair to your shortcut (once).

I’m trying repair client now and it stalls at around 1/10 of the way and I left it alone for 20 minutes. Didn’t move :/

Posted by: DragonicTerror.6412

DragonicTerror.6412

It fixed it for me.

I am getting same error code 1083:5:7:1595:101 yet hubby is upstairs on GW2 playing away. We are on same internet…… So I looked to see if others were having the same issues and found this thread.

I have not seen this location on my PC :/

Posted by: orangelamb.7283

orangelamb.7283

I did the -repair and it still stalls out and gives me a connection error when I tried to load. Trying it again and then I’ll see if I can load an alt in a different city. Sigh.

Posted by: orangelamb.7283

orangelamb.7283

Happy to say that I did the -repair again and logged in with an alt and traveled to Lion’s Arch (where my main is) and IT WORKED. I’ve now successfully loaded all of my characters. WOO.

Posted by: Hashire Kazemeijin.6719

Hashire Kazemeijin.6719

It fixed it for me.

I have not seen this location on my PC :/

I also don’t have this path. I can get to Roaming, but GW2 doesn’t have a folder in there. GW2 itself is on the D: drive, but since the file is supposed to go to Users, that shouldn’t matter.

I always carry my own weight. I just happen to be made of helium.

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

It happens to me again, everything was fine this morning.

Posted by: Vito Schwam.8791

Vito Schwam.8791

Ran client repair shortcut.

Client repair tool crashed.

FAIL.

The Toad [TOAD] – www.thetoad.hit.to | Henge of Denravi | Cmd. Vitellio Romana

Posted by: DKs Vertix.9301

DKs Vertix.9301

Well, -repair did fix 2 of my toons (guardian and mesmer in LA), but to fix Warrior in HotM, deleting the local.dat inside %appdata%\guild wars 2 folder worked.

I did predict a wave of instability bugs for at least first 2 weeks after the release of the expansion – the players are Anet’s Quality Assurance. Sadly we work for free.

EDIT: Oh wait, now my first 2 toons are broken again…
Now I either get error 7:11:3:191:101 or infinite loading loop.

So yeah, -repair may fix some of your toons and deleting local.dat may fix some other toons while bugging out -repaired toons.

Thank god I did not waste money on bug expansion, would have been very ironic…

Game is unplayable for another week I predict.

(edited by DKs Vertix.9301)