Unable to add more than 1 Rune to get both benifits.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MorDrakka.7046

MorDrakka.7046

From what I understand you are meant to be able to add multiple runes of the same type to equipment so you get the different benifits. Problem is when I add the 2nd one it just replaces the first one and I am not getting the 2nd benifit from adding 2 runes of the same type to equipment :/.

I have lost 3 runes now trying this and pretty annoyed.

EG: Mighty Magician Coat of Vampirism.

Has Rune of Vampirism (1/2) (Blue Color text)
(1): +10 Power (
Blue Color text)
(2): 2% change to cause your next attack to steal health when hit. (cooldown 15s) (*Still Grey Text)

I used 1 rune and it showed above. Used a 2nd and it didnt change.

Unequiped and re-equiped. No Change
Logged out and back in. No Change.

Tried with 2 other items :/ and both times the 2nd rune seemed to just replace the first. Sigh 10-15silver down the drain :/.

Posted by: Infuser.9685

Infuser.9685

Im not sure, but dosnt those runes represent something like set items?

So u have 3 items with 3 same runes and each item has 3 rune stats. If u put all 3 items on, you should get a ll 3 rune stats from each item. Maybe im wrong but i think thats how it works.

I noticed when item with those kinda runes is in inventory it dosnt have highlited rune stat. As soon as u put it on, first rune stat becomes blue (highlited) which means u got 1 item with that type on and u get 1st. rune stat.

U L L
80 lvl Norn Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

This is not a bug. Items can only have one rune. You need to put the second rune on a different piece of equipment that you are wearing to receive the second bonus.

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

There is a forge where you add up to 4 of the same item and combine them. Maybe those runes need to be taken there and combined into one rune.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Posted by: Pepcfreak.5984

Pepcfreak.5984

Runes where it says 0/4 means u must have 1 rune in 4 separate pieces of armor. to get the effect. Test this in your pvp gear and you will see how it works.

Posted by: Willow.4273

Willow.4273

These are armour set bonuses. The runes accumulate over your equipment set – for example if you have one rune on your chest piece you’ll get the (1) piece benefit. You apply a second rune to, for example, your legs and you’ll gain the (2) benefit as well.

Runes also have major (up to 4 bonuses) and superior (6 bonuses) variants.

(edited by Willow.4273)

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

There is a forge where you add up to 4 of the same item and combine them. Maybe those runes need to be taken there and combined into one rune.

This is wrong.

All the other posts above are right.