Unable to farm halloween.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Alvain.7364

Alvain.7364

Q:

As I have finished the halloween instance where players currently make loads of gold from farming rats, I am unable to participate in this Anet-sanctioned farming. Please fix this bug so the rest of us can farm without having to buy a new account.

Alvain.7364

A:

Here is a work-around, since Anet decided players completing the story as intended should not be allowed to partake in this highly lucrative farm.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Go find an area with lots of ambient creatures and farm there. I realize it’s not quite as convenient as spam-farming the opening seconds of a temporary instance, but it still gets you bags.

Alvain.7364

Thanks @RoseofGilead, I was more trying to get Anet to realize that there is a discrepancy between allowing this farm, and not having it open to all players.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

its not a bug, the farm is not available because of the lack of ambient rat spawns in the repeatable instance after you finish the second instance. Only available in the first one, if you finished it already, you will have to find another area, if you want to continue this farm.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

buying a new account to farm seriously? just go to the labyrinth

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

IMO the lab gives enough farm, asking to make the instance available to replay it is ofcourse a normal and good suggestion but for farming? wat.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would suggest no one uses the workaround, seeing as it is very clearly an exploit.
The farm itself might not be, but breaking out of a map and getting access to a map that would not be accessible naturally definitely is.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Thanks @RoseofGilead, I was more trying to get Anet to realize that there is a discrepancy between allowing this farm, and not having it open to all players.

It is open to ALL players, provided they don’t/did isn’t rush to finish the story.

Posted by: Darkrai.3596

Darkrai.3596

Yah looked at that video and that is an exploit if I ever saw one. So I would say not to use it at all. But I do wish Anet would open it up to all players to play again.