Unable to gain Central Tyria mastery points.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ifelldown.5426

ifelldown.5426

Nothing seems to be awarding mastery points for Central Tyria Mastery. I didn’t see a bug report but others in game chat say they’ve had the same issue for a while now.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

You earn mastery experience through XP which progresses the track. You need mastery points to unlock it. Mastery points are awarded through achievements.

ifelldown.5426

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

You earn mastery experience through XP which progresses the track. You need mastery points to unlock it. Mastery points are awarded through achievements.

ifelldown.5426

Right. That isn’t happening right now.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you could be more specific…

Are you gaining no XP? Or you can not acquire a specific Mastery Point from an Achievement?

Posted by: Balbosa.5346

Balbosa.5346

Ah so its not just me then. I have completed 2 story line achivements* which say I should of got a mastery point for them, but when I checked my mastery pannel I don’t have them. I have maxed out XP on all 3 central tyria lines ages ago as I can’t get any more mastery points

• The achivements where For the Legion (char story) and Waking from Nitemare (sylvari story)

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Balbosa, I’m not sure if this applies to you:

You only get 1 mastery point for each story step across all your characters. E.g. if you complete the 1st story mission with Asura and get your point, you can’t complete a Charr’s 1st story mission and get another point.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

ifelldown.5426

Now I’m not even gaining XP since there’s no way to progress. Mastery mpoints won’t move and no awards are given. Because of that I can’t get my XP to accumulate anymore since I can’t utilize it. I can gain no hero points (mastery points) and no XP now. My progression is completely stopped.
I can still gain WvW levels though, but those don’t impact any of this.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hero Points and Mastery Points are two completely different things.

Again, if you could be more explicit, perhaps someone could assist you.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

Good luck.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Now I’m not even gaining XP since there’s no way to progress. Mastery mpoints won’t move and no awards are given. Because of that I can’t get my XP to accumulate anymore since I can’t utilize it. I can gain no hero points (mastery points) and no XP now. My progression is completely stopped.
I can still gain WvW levels though, but those don’t impact any of this.

You should read the link I posted. You are confused.

1) Hero points unlock specilazations and skills. They are different from mastery points.
2) Mastery points come from achievements. Not XP.
3) XP goes toward a mastery track. The track and mastery progress once the bar is full and you spend the mastery points that you have earned though achievements.

ifelldown.5426

Well, it looks like I’m just done making XP at this point. I guess it really doesn’t matter. Yes i used the title hero point instead of mastery point. I’m unable to make mastery points. I was doing fine and then it stopped. Since it stopped, so did my regular XP since nothing clears the XP bar when enough points are earned. It just stays at full points.

Look, other people are also having this issue. I posted it here because nobody else has. However, it isn’t an uncommon problem from the discussions I’ve had with other people in game.

I’m just posting what I found to be a problem. I don’t even care if it gets fixed for me, but if something is wrong then it needs to be looked at. That’s all.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Again, which particular Mastery Point are you unable to acquire? Some players are confused about getting Mastery Points from the Personal Story. It seems like one could attain several from the first arcs, but in fact, only one Master Point can be acquired per arc (L10 arc, L20 arc, etc.).

Or…are you having difficulties spending the Core Tyria Mastery Points you have so far attained? How about HoT Mastery Points? Are you having any difficulties with those?

Posted by: poebel.4780

poebel.4780

… Since it stopped, so did my regular XP since nothing clears the XP bar when enough points are earned. It just stays at full points.

So this sound like your experience bar is completely full and does not move anymore?

If thats the case, just click on the experience bar and confirm (click the lock icon) that you will spent your Mastery Point on the currently selected track, this will not happen automatically.

This system is also explained in the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery#Mastery_experience

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

You only get 1 mastery point for each story step across all your characters. E.g. if you complete the 1st story mission with Asura and get your point, you can’t complete a Charr’s 1st story mission and get another point.

Is there an official explanation somewhere that says that?

Looking on the wiki it implies that a person should be able to get a mastery point per step per race, but only once.

So using your Charr example above I could get a point for the first time I do my level 10 and say picking Blood Legion, but if I make a new character and choose Ash Legion I won’t get it again, but starting up a Norn should let me get another.

Again, I’m basing this off the wiki so if there’s something else I should be looking at I’d be interested to see, otherwise I just wasted a few nights making a human for no reason…

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Looking on the wiki it implies that a person should be able to get a mastery point per step per race, but only once.

So using your Charr example above I could get a point for the first time I do my level 10 and say picking Blood Legion, but if I make a new character and choose Ash Legion I won’t get it again, but starting up a Norn should let me get another.

Again, I’m basing this off the wiki so if there’s something else I should be looking at I’d be interested to see, otherwise I just wasted a few nights making a human for no reason…

No, you won’t get 2 MPs for completing the lvl 10 story on 2 different races. It’s an account wide thing.

If you look at the “Notes” section of the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_%28achievements%29#achievement28
It references this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/central-Tyria-mastery-points-non-HOT/first#post5814303

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

No, you won’t get 2 MPs for completing the lvl 10 story on 2 different races. It’s an account wide thing.

If you look at the “Notes” section of the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_%28achievements%29#achievement28
It references this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/central-Tyria-mastery-points-non-HOT/first#post5814303

Thanks, that’s a little disappointing to see.

Had I understood it correctly I wouldn’t even have bothered making a human character…

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

The BIG issue in the Tyria section for Mastery Points is that, AT THE TIME they were introduced, MOST players had already completed MOST of the items that NOW provide “mastery points”. What’s left are the points that REQUIRE group efforts to achieve, (dungeons, fractals, etc), which MANY of us don’t play.
It’s one thing to offer “new achievements” but to make them an “our way or the highway” activity defeats the purpose. I don’t do dungeons or fractals and thus am denied the ability to achieve.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t do dungeons or fractals and thus am denied the ability to achieve.

You have full access to the all the masteries you want for the content you prefer.

• Only 40 Core Tyria mastery points are required if you don’t do fractals (since 19 are specific to fractals).
  • There are 49 mastery points available, not including those available in fractals or Triple Wurm (and discounting the duplicates for doing multiple personal stories).
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

You have full access to the all the masteries you want for the content you prefer.

• Only 40 Core Tyria mastery points are required if you don’t do fractals (since 19 are specific to fractals).
  • There are 49 mastery points available, not including those available in fractals or Triple Wurm (and discounting the duplicates for doing multiple personal stories).

But, once you have “achieved” your personal story line, completed all of the Tyrian explorable areas, and completed the events that can be done “non-group”, you then cannot continue to gain mastery points UNLESS you are fortunate enough to find a group coherent enough to actually work together—————-OR play fractals (again needing a coherent group). At present, there is NO point to creating additional characters———-because they gain the player NOTHING!! of any play-worthy value. No, gold and/or crafting materials are NOT play-worthy. While I’m ranting, the “grind” to create “legendaries” is positively sickening!! 6-8 THOUSAND? geodes? -PER item? If that’s not masochistic, then what is??

Posted by: arkenstone.7896

arkenstone.7896

But, once you have “achieved” your personal story line, completed all of the Tyrian explorable areas, and completed the events that can be done “non-group”, you then cannot continue to gain mastery points UNLESS you are fortunate enough to find a group coherent enough to actually work together—————-OR play fractals (again needing a coherent group). At present, there is NO point to creating additional characters———-because they gain the player NOTHING!! of any play-worthy value. No, gold and/or crafting materials are NOT play-worthy. While I’m ranting, the “grind” to create “legendaries” is positively sickening!! 6-8 THOUSAND? geodes? -PER item? If that’s not masochistic, then what is??

I agree. I got 16 MP at HoT launch. I got 1 more for killing legendary in Silverwaste a group event. Luckily I had enough points to get the 3 original legendary crafting (I skipped the final one) and had 3 for Pact Commander. But now I am stuck, I only have the 1 extra point and I need 5 for next Pact Commander. I am 3/4 of the way done for the final legendary crafting mastery but again no points. I don’t want to waste the 1 point I have in the Fractal to open the bar again as I don’t really do Fractals. I just need to do 1 for the Bifrost III. (The others were for Mawdrey). I wish there were non-achievement options like HoT. The ones for LS2 you need to run through them a 2nd time as the 1st time just opens the ability to earn achievements and doesn’t count toward them.

I don’t know about the 6-8 Thousand Geodes though. Wiki says I only used 400 for the Bifrost. I did need 1000 Bandit Crests and 900 Bloodstone Dust though. Kadzu however needs things from a bunch of fractals for tier 1.