Unable to load Guild Wars 2

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: annieoakley.8165

annieoakley.8165

Attempting to log in and download the new patch, the log in window tries to initialize then minimizes to my task bar and nothing else happens. I’ve rebooted my system, cleared cache, and direct connected to my internet/router and still the same issue. This is super frustrating.

I submitted a ticket, can only hope tech support gives me some useful info or, Anet fixes this problem! Bummed I can’t get in to play.

[BEEP] Explicit
Man has will, but Woman has her way – Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posted by: CodeThreeMan.9021

CodeThreeMan.9021

I get held up on the load screen. Neither restarting nor rebooting solved the issue. I eventually uninstalled the game and attempted to reinstall. Now I get a locked window at the initialization screen. If I close that, it moves on to the load screen, but hangs there. I haven’t placed a support ticket, but will be doing so soon.

Attachments:

Posted by: AxeCrazy.6172

AxeCrazy.6172

Attempting to log in and download the new patch, the log in window tries to initialize then minimizes to my task bar and nothing else happens. I’ve rebooted my system, cleared cache, and direct connected to my internet/router and still the same issue. This is super frustrating.

I submitted a ticket, can only hope tech support gives me some useful info or, Anet fixes this problem! Bummed I can’t get in to play.

I’m having the same problem. The update seems to have downloaded, but when I run the client, it says “Initializing” and then disappears. The icon in the taskbar. Nothing happens when I click on it. I thought that maybe the window was offscreen, but that doesn’t seem to be the problem either.

(edited by AxeCrazy.6172)

Posted by: Darquefyre.8734

Darquefyre.8734

It froze for me too after it downloaded the patch. Enter in your password – the field is empty after you patch. Once I entered the password, I was good to go and now in the game. Yay! :-)

Posted by: AxeCrazy.6172

AxeCrazy.6172

I just wanted to follow up on my earlier post. It looks like the login screen is being displayed off the visible area of my monitor.

I’ve tried WIN + Arrow key to move it back, but that isn’t working.

If I press Enter twice, it will log me in.