Unable to open hero's menu

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ecoy.3647

Ecoy.3647

No matter the setting I change or where I am, I am unable to open my hero’s menu. It will crash the game and ask to send a error report to ArenaNet. Does anyone else have this problem

Ecoy.3647

No matter the setting I change or where I am, I am unable to open my hero’s menu. It will crash the game and ask to send a error report to ArenaNet. Does anyone else have this problem

EDIT : Only started happening after the new daily’s patch on like Monday or Tuesday.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Sorry, I haven’t heard of that issue before. I’ll check with the programmers Monday. If you have time in the meantime, maybe run the game with the -image parameter to redownload it? Might be a corrupt file.

(edited by Jeffrey Vaughn.1793)

Posted by: Siv.4351

Siv.4351

I’ve had two hero panel related crashes since the f&f patch went live. One just sent me to the desktop with the sound of the hero panel opening looping, no error codes at all, gw2.exe was still running as a process and I had to end it before launching the client again.

The second time was when I already had the hero panel open, I clicked the new UI element in the corner of my screen for my monthly tasks status and the game crashed & presented me with an error report to send to anet, which I did.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i play on a mac it happened to me but only if i try to reach the hero panel by clicking on the monthly achievement tooltip in the UI. this not happens with daily.
and also just happened to a friend of mine but only when he clicks on the dungeon frequenter part of the monthly tooltip (he plays on a pc)

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Ecoy.3647

Sorry, I haven’t heard of that issue before. I’ll check with the programmers Monday. If you have time in the meantime, maybe run the game with the -image parameter to redownload it? Might be a corrupt file.

After re-downloading and installing the hero’s menu still can’t open. Every time the game crashes it asks to send a error report so there should be like ten errors reports from me lol.