Unable to update

Unable to update

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Deborah.7248

Deborah.7248

I haven’t even made it to the playable part of the download. I have been downloading for about 21hours straight and still have 82k files left. When it attempts to update 9 times out of 10 my download speed will bottom out to 0/kbs after a mere 500kb-1mb or it will launch at 0kbs. When that doesn’t happen it “may” download a file or 2 before it bottoms out. Connection error messages are very common as well.

Currently stuck on a file for about 5 hours now and tried everything from asset servers, many, many patcher restarts, language changes, leaving it alone, one time for upwards of almost an hour, and still nothing.

I’ve had many issues downloading patches in the past, but nothing to this degree, any help would be appreciated.

Unable to update

Posted by: NitricRose.1863

NitricRose.1863

I’m having the exact same problem. Support says I have 100% packet loss, but if that were the case, how would the downloader be downloading anything, and there is a lot of network traffic.

I’m not getting any connection error messages and the download speed is ok.

I’ve only tried a couple of asset servers. I’m going to see if I can locate one that’s further away.

Unable to update

Posted by: Deborah.7248

Deborah.7248

As of about 2 hours ago I started making progress again. I gave up on asset servers last night and just let it run normally and when I woke up today it had still made no progress and was stuck on that same file. After maybe an hour – 90 mins of cycles of letting it sit and launcher restarts it finally ticked over that 1 file.

All and all it took maybe 18 hours, but the game is finally playable and not 5 min after that file my download was down 2k files from where it was, and continuing with some hiccups. I’m pretty sure my ISP is to blame but they claim everything is working. I am currently looking for a new provider but I live in an awkward area for service that is not satellite related so its tough.

Not the best situation I know but there is still hope it will go thru, I hope it works out for you.

(edited by Deborah.7248)

Unable to update

NitricRose.1863

I’m running wireshark on the connection and it’s showing about a 7% packet loss.
Trying a normal sort of download and I have about a 0.9% packet loss.

This does not explain why the downloader is not able to process the downloaded files.

I tried the frankfurt, paris and korea CDN servers, but that does not seem to make a difference.

I’m hoping that when they release another patch that this will resolve itself.

Unable to update

NitricRose.1863

This is the asset file that is causing problems.

23 3.864408000 192.168.4.32 174.35.6.105 HTTP 292 GET /program/101/1/0/1213614/compressed HTTP/1.1

Unable to update

NitricRose.1863

The latest patch did not fix the problem.
The download is still stuck on this asset: /program/101/1/0/1213614/compressed

Unable to update

NitricRose.1863

Running the launcher with the -image option seems to start downloading assets at a different point. I should be able to get more of the game downloaded, but what will happen when it reaches the problem asset again?