Unbound visual bug - stiff vs. fluid/moving

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ephrum.3910

Ephrum.3910

So I would assume this is how its SUPPOSED to behave:

&

And this is how it looks for the vast majority of players I’ve seen/talked to:

So…bug? I’ve checked every possible graphics setting, turned everything from low to high and vice versa. Still no dice.

Could it be a driver update? Or an issue with specific GPUs?

(edited by Ephrum.3910)

Posted by: Rydrion.4528

Rydrion.4528

So I have Unbound on as well and its stiff. Saw a guy run by me who also had it and his was fluid. Only bugged if you are the one wearing it?

Posted by: hyuga.1059

hyuga.1059

mind sharing screenshot of your graphic settings?

mine is stiff too and other players wearing it on my screen appear to be stiff as well

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

i just crafted it and it’s stiff for me as well. i’ve tried changing the graphics options but nothing seemed to work :/

Posted by: Toecutter.5807

Toecutter.5807

I have also crafted unbound and it’s stiff for me, but during a guild mission I asked my fellow guildies “about 20 at the time” over team speak if they could tell me if the back piece was fluid or stiff when they saw me move around. 2/3rds said it was stiff and the other 3rd said they could see it flowing around properly like in the youtube video.

All of my visual settings such as animation and player quality display are turned to high but it doesn’t matter. even turning my settings to ultra doesn’t work for me.

It would be awesome if a dev could chime in and say if this is indeed a bug and if it’s being looked at. Considering this back piece is worth a lot of time and gold to make, it would be nice if it worked as intended. I wanna be able to see it flow/move myself.

(edited by Toecutter.5807)

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

I didn’t even know it was supposed to move like that when I crafted the backpiece. Having it move would make it 5x better… Hopefully with the fractal patch or sooner.

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

Maybe update physix drivers?

Ephrum.3910

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency with unbound moving – I saw one moving today, but the other 4-5 were stiff. A friend saw mine moving for the first time ever, but we switched maps and it stopped. I’ve seen 2 inbounds next to each other and one moved and the other didn’t. ;n;

Posted by: EvesDesire.2596

EvesDesire.2596

I want my unbound to move!

Ephrum.3910

I highly doubt Anet will even comment on this, let alone address this problem. In the grand scheme of things this is an unfortunately small bug effecting an even smaller group of players.

I was talking with a guildie last night and we came to the conclusion/theory that Anet has been holding ad Infinitum back because it’s still broken, and they’re trying to fix it which honestly I’d prefer them telling us if it was the case, rather than nothing and all of us believing they just don’t give a kitten about the community when it comes to communication ;n;

Ephrum.3910

Bump, at least trying to maintain some sort of visibility D=

Posted by: kim possible.9406

kim possible.9406

im still short 1 of those kitten pages to finish my unbound back -.- i rly hope its moving like in that top vid.. that looks AMAZING!!

btw guys, the ones that already finished and got a static one, did u try to equip/reequip it few times or transmute it to a random skin and then back to unbound skin ? maybe that could fix it, i dont rly think its a “bug” maybe its the same problem nightfury had (or still has) when u had it equiped and got in combat the bats stopped and went missing until u reequipped it.. dunno if thats fixed

edit: i just checkt with all my fl/guild and i didnt find anyone with a moving back like in the first vid :/ maybe that was the bug

(edited by kim possible.9406)

Ephrum.3910

Dat ill bump doe…I know its a stretch, but Id be super happy with a simple “This is a bug” or “It is intended to be stiff”. Ill take pretty much anything at this point…

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

i’ve just encountered another player (sylvari female) with unbound and it was correctly moving, meaning it does sometimes work correctly. so far that’s the third time i’ve seen it working in game, all the other times i’ve seen this item (including my own) it was stiff and bugged.

(edited by Nemui.6753)

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Pls devs, the delay of legendary backpack is already painful, at least let us enjoy our precursor! Or let us know which version is the correct one!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Kitace.1940

Kitace.1940

Bumping this, I saw someone running around with the wings actually bending properly for the first time today – one of the main reason I’ve not been a fan of the earlier wings added to the game is how they would shake side to side rigidly on your back.

Hope this gets fixed!

Posted by: Sledge Stone.9017

Sledge Stone.9017

Unbound has the same cardboard effects that the black and white wings had when they were first released:

That was fixed and they’re much more fluid now and has physics.

Unbound does not. Except I’ve seen unbound moving for some people like in the video the OP linked to which means that this is a bug and not intended behavior for the item.

Please fix this issue. Unbound is so stiff that it clips about half the back piece into the ground when I mine any node and it dips down like bull horns whenever I jump because of where it is stapled to my character’s neck as a pivot point.

Sledge Stone.9017

I’ve been able to reproduce this bug numerous times now in LA by going to any waypoint in LA, using a transformation tonic, go to different waypoint, then exit transformation. At least 50% of the time my unbound becomes fluid to anyone that can see me except for myself. On my alternate account I can noticeably see unbound floating around like it should, but on my main account’s screen it is still stiff as cardboard.

Please fix this skin so Unbound can float all the time.

Attachments:

Sledge Stone.9017

Today’s update didn’t fix Unbound, but it did add more bugs to it.

Instead of unbound floating around like it should, it is now broken into a left and right piece that wobble independently when rotating and float into my character’s body when walking backwards. This precursor is so messed up right now. Can this please be looked into and fixed so this back piece can live up to it’s name and actually be unbound / floating from my character’s body when moving?

I added two pics to this post. One is standing still and the other shows how much of the back piece floats into the body when walking backwards.

Attachments:

Posted by: Puky The Destroyer.6017

Puky The Destroyer.6017

I agree with Sledge Stone, i have it on my human female mesmer, and even on idle animations, the backpiece rotates from left to right and it tends to lean to the right mostly, which makes it look like crooked every time I move, the wobble is not even…I’d rather have it stiff to be honest if these changes are going to stay. It really kills my OCD. I don’t mind a backpiece with fluid movement, but please, adjust the center of it so it doesn’t look like a spinning wheel <_< (the white and black wings are wobbly, but the base of them are clearly centered and fixed to the character’s back).