Underground Facility - Major Glitch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Penarddun.6827

Penarddun.6827

My fiance is currently in the Underground Facility fractal and they got past the first room, and are at the point where the two paths diverge…. however it says that the mining lasers cannot be obtained, and yet the other path isn’t open either. The whole group has tried re-logging and dying but nothing changes.

We have all tried googling this problem and can’t seem to find any answers. Is this a new glitch? Is there a fix to reset the fractal? They are on their third one and really don’t want to have to wipe the whole thing.

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

There isn’t a dev command that will reset, but I’m interested in the following:

Previous 2 fractals in this group
Group comp
Anything special or speed run-Esque in this fractal before it locked up?

This is new as far as I can remember, so I’ll have it investigated and logged. Real sorry your fiancé ran into this.

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

Yesterday we had a major bug in scarlets fractal. It was our 3rd (1st was underwater, 2nd was hammer). We finished our two trials and killed the boss. We saw the short cut-scene video and then… nothing.

We recieved no chest and we couldn’t proceed to the 4th fractal. After we tried 15min to somehow get past the bug we all left.. without loot and without the 4th fractal reward. Sucked quite a bit.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Yesterday we had a major bug in scarlets fractal. It was our 3rd (1st was underwater, 2nd was hammer). We finished our two trials and killed the boss. We saw the short cut-scene video and then… nothing.

We recieved no chest and we couldn’t proceed to the 4th fractal. After we tried 15min to somehow get past the bug we all left.. without loot and without the 4th fractal reward. Sucked quite a bit.

Was your party chat lagging or not working at all? There was a problem last night with the UI, a couple reports of party issues which also affects dungeon/fractal runs. Also there shouldn’t be a cutscene at the end of that boss. All that happens is a short npc interaction but it doesn’t actually put you in a cutscene at all during that boss.

Also regarding OP, yeah this is the first time I have ever heard of this issue. My only guess is maybe someone was blinking or shadow stepping up the scaffolding? Idk how that would buy it but maybe….

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Starfall.6425

No we had no disconnects or chat problems. The fractal just didn’t progress after we finished the final boss.

It was really strange. We did nothing different than any other raid, we did ooze and the laser stuff (not fire).

I just mentioned our bug if there is something that stops progressing fractals that might not be connected to the UI, our UI seemed fine.

Also there shouldn’t be a cutscene at the end of that boss. All that happens is a short npc interaction but it doesn’t actually put you in a cutscene at all during that boss.

You do. You have the cutscene where the thaumanova reactor shakes and ‘explodes’, then you have the rubble on the ground after the boss is dead.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

(edited by Starfall.6425)

Andraus.3874

No we had no disconnects or chat problems. The fractal just didn’t progress after we finished the final boss.

It was really strange. We did nothing different than any other raid, we did ooze and the laser stuff (not fire).

I just mentioned our bug if there is something that stops progressing fractals that might not be connected to the UI, our UI seemed fine.

Also there shouldn’t be a cutscene at the end of that boss. All that happens is a short npc interaction but it doesn’t actually put you in a cutscene at all during that boss.

You do. You have the cutscene where the thaumanova reactor shakes and ‘explodes’, then you have the rubble on the ground after the boss is dead.

Sorry I read that wrong and for some reason was thinking Mai Trin. Anyway there had been a bug where it didn’t teleport you to the room with the large chest. That was resolved but maybe it’s back.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Actually I had this bug commented in guild chat 1 week ago, might be useful for you to reproduce it Lauren.

• It appears that a mesmer used invisibility/blink to skip a certain part after the cage. That prevented the next stage to get triggered.

Sorry that I can’t give you more details. I think they filled a report /bug though, so you might just find it on your logs.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Actually I had this bug commented in guild chat 1 week ago, might be useful for you to reproduce it Lauren.

• It appears that a mesmer used invisibility/blink to skip a certain part after the cage. That prevented the next stage to get triggered.

Sorry that I can’t give you more details. I think they filled a report /bug though, so you might just find it on your logs.

What character name did you submit it on? The DB with the /bugs is quite… large… and this will make it easier for me to find it.

Your mesmer probably blinked past a tripwire, or that sounds like the likely scenario.

Andraus.3874

What character name did you submit it on? The DB with the /bugs is quite… large… and this will make it easier for me to find it.

Your mesmer probably blinked past a tripwire, or that sounds like the likely scenario.

I’m guessing the trip wire is the exit door that opens. It could be possible to fall down through the center where the gears are turning, and skip going through that exit door by walking up the scaffolding/blinking up the scaffolding. If the trip wire is right past the door you could blink up the scaffolding before triggering it.

This doesn’t seem hard to avoid but it’s just something you have to remember to not do, such as with the weapons testing facility and waiting for Rox and Braham.
And with pugs who may or may not listen can make stuff like this more challenging.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I wasn’t in that group, in my previous post I just said that some guildies were speaking about that in the guild chat. Sorry for the confusion. I’ll ask them as soon as they get online.

Good luck fixing that bug, and thank you for your hard work, Lauren!

Edit: My friend says he sent the report bug as Ketnek (Might be Ketnek S, Ketnek B, Ketnek F, etc similar names).

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

Starfall.6425

Sorry I read that wrong and for some reason was thinking Mai Trin. Anyway there had been a bug where it didn’t teleport you to the room with the large chest. That was resolved but maybe it’s back.

That was exactly it. No teleport and therefore no pop-up to proceed to the next fractal.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth