Underwater Reset

Underwater Reset

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Minh Map.1590

Minh Map.1590

Most mobs underwater tend to reset themselves in the middle of a fight. They go invulnerable and heal up. Sometimes, this occurs only once or multiple times. For instance, the Veteran Giant Arctic Jellyfish in Grimstone Mol; it will keep on resetting….after the 2nd reset. I just give up.

On the bright-side, Barracudas and Shelks in the area do not seem to have this problem. The Drakes tend to also reset, but not as habitually.

Underwater Reset

Posted by: Marsh.7214

Marsh.7214

This happens to me all the time, I thought it was just something I was doing wrong. It’s usually when they’re at about 20 – 25% HP left which is incredibly annoying.

Underwater Reset

Posted by: draeath.8536

draeath.8536

You’re wandering away from their patrol/sentry location during the fight. Stop doing that. It does it with land mobs, too – it’s just easier to do so without realizing it underwater.

Underwater Reset

Posted by: Marsh.7214

Marsh.7214

I don’t really move during fights though (leftover habit from WoW), so unless I’m drifting in the current I don’t think that’s it.

Underwater Reset

Posted by: Lazy Eye.4896

Lazy Eye.4896

Happens to me a lot too. It’s not necessarily because of him moving too far as I’ve stood next to their spawn spot and fought them there purposefully many times to see if it was me straying too far.

I think it has something to do with it being screwy with the z-axis being more prominent in the water or something, because it’s happened on land too, but very rarely.

Underwater Reset

Posted by: Ben Hurt.6195

Ben Hurt.6195

Yep, this has made underwater combat all but unplayable for me. I solo’d a veteran down to about 10% and suddenly it went invulnerable, regenerated health, and then attacked me while several of my skills were still timed out.

Underwater Reset

Posted by: Primexes.2165

Primexes.2165

I agree. I am having so much trouble getting some skill points that are guarded by a veteran as for the constant resets. The current strategy I use is to swim onto the skill point – and then when the veteran resets, I just attune myself and get out.

I have tried many, many, many, many, many times to kill them – as it makes me feel like i have actually earned it. but… i gave up after dying a few times because after each reset would see me with more abilities on cooldown.

One that was particulary frustrated was the underwater skill point near the Royal Froum POI in Straits of Devastation.