Unearned Mr.Sparkles?

Unearned Mr.Sparkles?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I thank the team for finally making good on the promise of handing out their gem store purchases, but I am a bit concerned. Between the month of December and now, I only made a purchase of 800 gems. (I was laid off on the 23rd.) The message I got from customer support, saying that they were replacements for another toon? Eh, what?

Attachments:

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Unearned Mr.Sparkles?

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

The message is a generic message, (copy and pasted) since they didn’t tailor it to the awards event.

Not sure why you would have received it for purchasing only 800 gems. It’s probably a bug in the system. But I doubt that they will take it away from you (like when people got two birthday presents when they came out instead of one), so enjoy!

Unearned Mr.Sparkles?

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I feel like legit farmers like myself getting punish or something. I farm Frostgorg champs train everyday for few hourso to make my end game need since i’m kinda broke in life. Anet should let exchange gold to gems to get the same rewards as to buy gems w/ money.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Unearned Mr.Sparkles?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I feel like legit farmers like myself getting punish or something. I farm Frostgorg champs train everyday for few hourso to make my end game need since i’m kinda broke in life. Anet should let exchange gold to gems to get the same rewards as to buy gems w/ money.

That’s not supporting the developers or the company, though. That’s taking something you get free in game, to buy a currency that helps you avoid spending real money, which is what the developers and company needs to keep going. They don’t need gold.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Unearned Mr.Sparkles?

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

They should yes, but it’s like them sending out Christmas cards to select individuals. Favoritism for the win.

Anyway, some will argue they haven’t done enough to earn the financial support of players. My stance is, based on experience, use your real money for real life, and use gold for virtual items you don’t need.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Unearned Mr.Sparkles?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

They should yes, but it’s like them sending out Christmas cards to select individuals. Favoritism for the win.

Anyway, some will argue they haven’t done enough to earn the financial support of players. My stance is, based on experience, use your real money for real life, and use gold for virtual items you don’t need.

Personally since I work, and can afford things for my hobby, I use my real money to support anet, mainly because I don’t have time to farm for the things I want.

I have zero regrets. There is not a single purchase I’ve made that I didn’t want to. Could anet do more? Probably. But are we going to encourage them to by not buying anything? Nope!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Unearned Mr.Sparkles?

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I doubt they’ll take it from me, though personally, I don’t really care about miniatures. There are users out there who spent that much money and haven’t received theirs yet or only were granted the backpack. I care about this game and don’t want it to fail due to some glitch. Giving users their proper due prevents that.

The message is a generic message, (copy and pasted) since they didn’t tailor it to the awards event.

Not sure why you would have received it for purchasing only 800 gems. It’s probably a bug in the system. But I doubt that they will take it away from you (like when people got two birthday presents when they came out instead of one), so enjoy!