Unexpected Deaths

Unexpected Deaths

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

Date 7/2/2015, not sure of the time, late evening 9pm-11pm, EST
Agrotera.1254
Jade Quarry server, NA
I was in Brisban Wildlands, I had stopped for a moment to look at my inventory, the only thing around me was rabbits and deer, all white/non-aggressive mobs, then all of the sudden I was dead, it seemed like one hit and I was done.

Also I was having really bad lag all evening, at one point I logged out to character select and when I logged back in I was halfway across the map, no where near where I was when I logged out.

you can’t fix stupid

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

LA has the most bugs currently( not karka ). I didn’t record the date and time, all I remember was me dropping dead for no reason.

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

1. Date: 02.07.2015. 15:00h GTM+1
2. Name: Zergs.9715
3. Server: Seafarer’s Rest EU
4. Plains of Ashford
5. 1st time while I was running between Temperus Point Waypoint and Vir’s Gate Waypoint
2nd time I was just standing in front of BC gate
6. When I first died maybe I had swiftness on me but I can’t be sure. Second time I had no effects on me.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ixvj63o0c34mqfv/gw070.jpg

Here is where I was placed after I relogged into the game.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/89dsukqr7t994dz/gw071.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/yxvsrqwx6hhq1t1/gw072.jpg

Hope this helps

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Spownkie.6435

Spownkie.6435

1. 02/07/2015, 00:31 am (GMT+2)
2. Spownkie.6435
3. Wayfarer Foothills
4. By the Skelk nests next to Hero’s Moot Waypoint
5. Just running to my friend. (Happened twice.)
6. I don’t have a gif, but I have an image of the death, showing damage and location: http://imgur.com/oFWBqcp
7. Nothing
8. Seemed to happen only at a particular spot.

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Quite a few of these seem due to lag. Gaile you might want to update your original post about how lagging players near a drop off are likely to die from fall damage even if they aren’t jumping off the side of a cliff, but the game believes they have because of lag. Of course I guess you guys can rule this out yourselves as well, but it may help others realize they need to fix those lag issues or there will continue to have this issue.

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Etybagig.6012

Etybagig.6012

1. June 24, 2015, exactly 8:55pm UTC
2. Etybagig.6012
3. Fort Aspenwood
4. The Rowanwoods
5. I had just discovered a waypoint and was on my way to complete a heart quest.
6. http://gfycat.com/UnitedShoddyDuckling
7. I was walking towards the heart and the heart NPC disappeared and then moments later I died by taking 326492 damage.

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I’m seeing a lot of what looks like the following:

Lag-induced death. When you’re on an elevated platform, you are at risk of the server re-establishing your position at ground level, which causes the physics engine to assume you fell the distance. The result is usually instantaneous and inexplicable death, plus the confusion between where your client and where the server thinks you are makes players unable to interact with your corpse.

If you’re in a JP or on some kind of ledge, and your connection is bad, you’re likely to see this happen. And lately, it seems like connections are getting worse and worse for everyone. My guess: either some hub sitting right in front of ANet’s servers is having issues, or ANet itself is. It’s been something of an epidemic for several months now, made obvious by the lightning jump in Sanctum Sprint.

The desync can affect you even if you’re on solid ground. This will cause you to be incapable of interacting with objects, and other players unable to interact (i.e. stomp) you. A dodge roll will force the server to resync you (once it processes it). Sometimes you’ll rubberband when you do this. Sometimes you won’t.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

1. 7/2, 3:33 pm central
2. Justine.6351
3. Henge of Denravi
4. Diessa Plateau, Reaper’s Corridor
5. I just wanted plant node ;-(
6.https://youtu.be/QEhUoPrcvfA
7. I was taking minor damage followed by huge damage that triggered fall trait’s muddy terrain.

Edit: Oh after reading another post about something to do with elevation, I had a plant node on another rock hill I couldn’t get to very easy and when I finally did I couldn’t harvest it. Logged out and back in, then I could. I really do pick the worst plant nodes to harvest I guess ;-)

(edited by Justine.6351)

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Admiral Stukov.8791

Admiral Stukov.8791

Can’t remember the date
Admiral Stukov.8791

Far Shiverpeaks

Home Borderlands, Hills Keep

Jumping from the ledge into the watery area where ice drakes are, south of Hills Keep. I am very sure I landed in the water deep enough to swim. Character died like a sec or so after landing in the water.

No special effects or buff

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

1. 2 July 2015, around 22:00, CEST time zone.
2. Mortifer.2946
3. Gandara(EU)
4. Plains of Ashford – on the bridge/ramp between Smokestead Waypoint and Heart quest “Help Tolona Ironrustler with her farm.”
5. Watching my girlfriend doing the heart quest, standing on the ramp, occasionaly moving or jumping on a spot and also from the ramp (only a very little distance, no falling damage involved)
6. sorry no gif..
7. nothing: nothing in combat log, just out of nowhere I am dead

8. So far, it didn’t happen to my girlfriend even though she plays with me and her notebook runs the game so slowly that I wouldn’t be able to play on it (but she is fine with it). I am 100% sure it started with the new patch.

The patch came in the evening and I played it right on the next day. I went to Blazeridge steppes to collect some wood with my lvl 62 charr warrior. Me, and people on the map, experienced very big lagspikes when server stopped communicating for several seconds. The game didn’t kick you out though.

I was runing a lot and didn’t fight. Then I came to to Pockmark Roughs and there I saw many enemies – at that second I died. I teleported to the nearest waypoint and ran back. Along the way, I died again. Other people were reporting random deaths too. So I tried it again, I ran, I came to the Pockark Roughs and there I could see NPCs and out of nowhere, ALL OF THEM DISSAPPEARED! I tried using skills, didn’t work. Few seconds later, I felt on the ground dead.

I tried it once more in the evening, the game was laggy, latency was high, sometimes it spiked a lot, but I didn’t drop death out of nowhere again. Next days everything was fine. No random deaths. I happened again only yesterday. BUT, FPS are still much lower than they used to be…. QQ

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

1. Date/time not recorded. A few days ago.
2. BrettM.9062
3. Isle of Janthir
4. Frostgorge Sound, on the main trail to Barrowstead, a bit southwest of Coiled Watch.
5. Just standing still, looking at the minimap for snow truffles.
6. No GIF available.
7. I didn’t notice any special animation other than “Arrgh!” followed by my corpse flopping to the ground, and the combat log didn’t show any damage or source of damage.
8. An event symbol (gold circle with white star) appeared at my location on the minimap just moments before I died. No events were in progress in the area, and I don’t know of any that begin or end at that location. There were no NPCs, friend or foe, in sight.

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Flakkenmarsh.6573

Flakkenmarsh.6573

Last night during Guild Missions.
We were in Langmar Estate, the room before the curtains, when I suddenly dropped dead – Was standing on one of the platforms out of combat.
During the curtains bit, so soon after, I suddenly had my trident on my back with no weapon abilities. I was unable to perform any emotes, since they can’t be performed underwater. I don’t know if there could perhaps be some connection between the two?

But I’ve had the underwater thing happen before though.

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

8:30AM EST 7/3/2015
Zoda Slayer.4176
Blackgate
Victory or Death Instance (Arah story)
Just standing waiting as the ship was flying towards the three risen giants you have to reflect their missiles with the three cannons, just before the ship reaches these giants my character unexpectedly dies. The ship was moving when this happened, when it did the giants became bugged as well and had to restart the story.

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

This has happened to me and my usual groupmates numerous times since the last patch. I’ve reported it as an in-game bug each time, so I won’t repeat here, but I’ll share a perception I have:

The other thing that has been happening frequently since the last patch is the game getting confused about your position. For example, in the middle of the new LA JP, suddenly you get the “a strong current” messages, as when you’re at the edge of the map in the water. Log out and back in, only to discover you’re in the water past the lighthouse, instead of in the JP.

Couple this with randomly taking non-fatal fall damage while just strolling or standing about, and I perceive the random deaths might be caused by this positional confusion. The game suddenly decides you’re up in the air somewhere, drops you, and you die if the distance was sufficient.

I’ve /bug’d the unexpected deaths, unexpected fall damage, and unexpected repositioning in the past.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Unexpected Deaths

Posted by: LadyFearghus.3406

LadyFearghus.3406

This happened to me, but I’m afraid I have little real details that you might be able to use… But:

1. Unknown. Earlier in the month, Pre-Rebuilt LA
2. LadyFearghus.3406
3. Tarnished Coast
4. LA
5. The Sharkmaw Caverns Jumping Puzzle. Not jumping or anything, just standing at the end before choosing which path to jump through.
6. No GIF, sorry
7. Nothing special on me at the time.