Unintended Monthly Achievement Rollback?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

Seriously, why can’t you guys just add back in what was taken out on top of what’s there now? The champ slayer and the masterwork crafter and whatever else? Everyone could get everything, no one would be ripped off for points, and everyone would be closer to their reward chest. Is that too risky too?

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Posted by: BHolst.1398

BHolst.1398

Since you can’t fix this, I wonder if you can help me get back the 300+ Salvage Items that I sold via the Black Lion Trading Post? Since Salvaging wasn’t on this months to-do list I decided to sell them to the highest bidder to free up space!

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

I expect NO more responces from Anet regarding this issue and this topic just vanishes slowly then, quite sure that is what Anet is trying now…-.-’’

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

Posted by: gbeermang.2895

gbeermang.2895

What the hell? I had 3/4 done and should have been done with the next daily only to see i got rolled back to 1/4 and now at 2/4 because of the veteran slayer. Fix this!

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I typically stand by Anet’s decisions on how to handle bugs because they’ve always been reasonable. This seems to be an exception and I’m very disappointed.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

While I am somewhat relieved I wrapped up my monthly yesterday, this does give me a lot of concern that these 2-week cycles may be a bit too fast of a clip for content releases to be well thought-out and thoroughly tested. I understand that a fix may be simply too risky of an endeavor, but I certainly hope ArenaNet’s pursuing some sort of resolution to compensate those impacted for the time/effort/coin lost in trying to obtain their monthly achievements.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

If you were close to getting monthlies and had them reset, I can understand being disappointed. But if you got them that fast, you’ll have no trouble getting them in the next 27 days, and it seems like a small price to pay for all the incredible content ANet delivers constantly.

See… the only reason I burned through the monthlies as fast as I did was so I could enjoy other content. The minute I saw the list of monthlies I thought “Sweet! I can knock these out real quick and be done with the daily one just in time for the update! Then I can bury my head in the SAB for a few weeks.”

As awesome as the invasions are… I was more than a little tired of them. But they let me get those monthlies done in no time. Had I known that I could have spent less than 5 minutes crafting out junk green dowels and gotten 10 extra laurels instead of saving that achievement for all the exotics I’d end up making leveling to 500… I’d have done that. Or at the very least done content more enjoyable over my holiday weekend.

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Yeah sure its really not a big deal in the end. Just like being an asura is not important to the developers because not many people play them. Just like being an engineer not being fixed because not many people play them. That will also remain true because thats what they flat out tell people therefore no body wants to play the broken race and certainly not the broken profession. This also is not big deal just like playing alts in wvw but having soulbound wxp so no matter what you are always weaker than someone who plays 1 character.

So add it all up:
+ Asuran Race
+ Engineer Profession
+ enjoys playing alts in wvw but is screwed due to wxp
+ finds Laurels precious for at least getting Ascended gear for alts
= getting annoyed with constantly getting the short end of the stick in this game and getting told that either I’m going to continue to be ignored and/or left out and thats just the way it will be for the year.

Just so inspiring to continue to be on the leaky boat that constantly misses out.

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

So, i had completed my Monthly yeasterday, now they will fix it, or i should complete it again? (except for the Event Completionist)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

27 days left, come on give them a break. It’s not the end of the world here. They are easy to get anyway.

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

I expect NO more responces from Anet regarding this issue and this topic just vanishes slowly then, quite sure that is what Anet is trying now…-.-’’

Yeah – I suspect you’re right – it’s not like we’re paying monthly to play so they don’t have to worry about players cancelling. The most they’ll see is probably a dip in Gems sales as some folk decide not to bother any more. They’ve had our money so they don’t need to worry about us – it’s all about the new customers they can get between now and the New Year. Hopefully some of those prospects Google and wonder “Hmm – that doesn’t sound good….”

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

So, thanks for having me waste my day off yesterday working on finishing most of the monthly. What a complete and utter waste of my holiday.

You guys should just start selling toilet seats that can be used as helms in the gem store if you are going to continue to use us to relieve yourselves on.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

After investigation by our programmers, they have determined that the fix to this issue would be too risky and could end up making the situation worse than it is. Unfortunately, this means that we’re not able to make changes to correct the issue. We’re sorry about this and we will be implementing ways to ensure this doesn’t happen in the future.

So your update wiped the monthly progress on those events while leaving Queens Jubilee events in the dailies? Sloppy, slipshod work Anet.

Posted by: RLHawk.3290

RLHawk.3290

Yeah – I suspect you’re right – it’s not like we’re paying monthly to play so they don’t have to worry about players cancelling. The most they’ll see is probably a dip in Gems sales as some folk decide not to bother any more. They’ve had our money so they don’t need to worry about us – it’s all about the new customers they can get between now and the New Year. Hopefully some of those prospects Google and wonder “Hmm – that doesn’t sound good….”

I truthfully cannot comprehend how you can radiate such hate for such an amazing team and amazing game. Nor how issues like this can possibly take away all the positives they have done and continue to do. I pity you all.

IGN: Elvendir (Elementalist)
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

Let’s try to be constructive and not get this thread closed, while also conveying the fact it is inappropriate to have no fix or repayment for an error this humongous.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Just finished monthly and got no 10 laurels

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I fear this is the case as well

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I can’t believe how rude and selfish most of the people on this thread have been.

I got 3/4 achievement points and I’m happy that I got to keep the achievement points I earned and now I get to do the monthly again. I’m also happy for the people who did 4/4 and got 10 extra laurels – good for them.

Someone else having 10 more laurels does not hurt me in any way. That’s like being mad at Anet for starting to give out laurels before I started playing and complaining that some people have 200+ laurels saved up…

I can’t believe how rude and selfish most of the people on this thread have been.

I got 3/4 achievement points and I’m happy that I got to keep the achievement points I earned and now I get to do the monthly again. I’m also happy for the people who did 4/4 and got 10 extra laurels – good for them.

Someone else having 10 more laurels does not hurt me in any way. That’s like being mad at Anet for starting to give out laurels before I started playing and complaining that some people have 200+ laurels saved up…

This is no longer about just loosing some progress and missing out on rewards other people got. This is about the fact that anet made a mistake which caused a problem for many players and they decide not to remedy this situation in any way.

I’m sorry but I’m just very disappointed in them.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

There are no 10 extra laurels – completed old montlies got 10, completed new monthlies got 0 laurels.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

I truthfully cannot comprehend how you can radiate such hate for such an amazing team and amazing game. Nor how issues like this can possibly take away all the positives they have done and continue to do. I pity you all.

Whilst I understand your sentiment but after a weekend when Black Lion wouldn’t accept items from trial accounts (which seemed to be almost everyone online), Black Lion wouldn’t sell items it had in stock (but then fulfilled all the failed orders 12 hours later), Gold vanishing from account wallets, Codes for free mini’s given away at a US Show had EU codes so wouldn’t validate and now today – monthly’s reset, some crafting can go to 500 and some can’t…

One does feel that the “amazing” teams polish is looking very much tarnished and this discussion is now preserved for posterity by Google from post 1 most likely – a more positive response than has been given by Anet so far would settle ‘tempers’ a lot and perhaps win over future customers.

Wiseman.4075

I don’t think anyone denies how wonderful this game is nor would deny the great content that gets sent out. However, as stated before, being a member of the community that CONSTANTLY has an unfair disadvantage of getting anything to go our way (non-human engineer), its easy to get overly worked up when yet again getting screwed leads to an answer of “sorry about that but you get nothing.” This monthly laurel loss is not the first time and the response seems a little too “cut” and “paste”

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I hope they realize that resetting a monthly every 2 days kind of defeats the purpose of “monthlies.”

(edited by Celtic Lady.3729)

Wiseman.4075

Oh…well if there is no extra laurels then I peacefully await Engineer’s kit fix and account bound wxp.

Otherwise, Great job on the new content Anet! Love the ascended weapons!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Two week turn-out time is working for them.

Obviously.

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

I’ll just add fuel to the fire. You guys realize it’s not just the 10 laurels right? It’s also a healthy chunk of Mystic Coins, Karma, and Achievement Points. Yeah, I know the AP leaderboard is a joke, but now it’s even more so!

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

This gives players an unfair advantage on time gated items such as laurels, meaning some players will get ascended weapons faster than others, hardly fair anet I expect better. A simple fix would be to send the AP, karma and laurels to anyone that didn’t complete their monthly early to put us on equal footing.

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I’ll just add fuel to the fire. You guys realize it’s not just the 10 laurels right? It’s also a healthy chunk of Mystic Coins, Karma, and Achievement Points. Yeah, I know the AP leaderboard is a joke, but now it’s even more so!

you are killing me man lol

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

If some players found an exploit that allowed them to get extra laurels, karma jugs, and mystic coins, they would be punished for grabbing that advantage the rest of the honest players wouldn’t dare try to get. But because this is not an exploit that allows others to get extra karma, coins, and laurels, well….

If some players found an exploit that allowed them to get extra laurels, karma jugs, and mystic coins, they would be punished for grabbing that advantage the rest of the honest players wouldn’t dare try to get. But because this is not an exploit that allows others to get extra karma, coins, and laurels, well….

So much this^

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Woodsman.3461

Woodsman.3461

Since it got buried by all the whining and entitlement rants in this thread I’ll quote and confirm the following.

There are no 10 extra laurels – completed old montlies got 10, completed new monthlies got 0 laurels.

once more for those who seem to be challenged at reading and like to whine alot:

You do NOT get 10 laurels from the new monthlies if you have completed the old ones, it simply allows those who completed the monthly before the Essence of Luck addition to get their rewards.

Guess what guys, that makes it FAIR (since so many people seem to care)

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Since it got buried by all the whining and entitlement rants in this thread I’ll quote and confirm the following.

once more for those who seem to be challenged at reading and like to whine alot:

You do NOT get 10 laurels from the new monthlies if you have completed the old ones, it simply allows those who completed the monthly before the Essence of Luck addition to get their rewards.

I do however have more karma, mystic coins, and achievement points, so although you might be technically correct, your point is invalid in the grand scheme of why people are kitten ed.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

Yea because it’s not like we have to do our monthly all over again. Not to mention anets great way of handling this situation makes everything a lot better, which I have pointed out before but as you said yourself, some people are challenged at reading.

Edit: and before you say, it can be done in a few days. No, the only reason we could finish it that fast was because of the invasions.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

this is nonsens, specially for ppl who are in top leaderboards.

How’s monthly from year ago?, When ppl get few times reset in the same month and get more points from other.
And now i lost 8 points becouse craft monthly is deleted. GJ :[

my second post in this topic. – more info

Posted by: clickaus.9170

clickaus.9170

Mine has gone from 3/4 to 1/4 aswell

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Ok, so scratch laurels frm my previous post. It’s still a valid statement.

Posted by: errebi.7630

errebi.7630

Since they are usual to mess up things, maybe it only means that “nobody” will get the 10 laurels for new monthly (people is doing them very quickly, hoping in another reset) until they fix this problem.
Do Malediktus.9250 completed the montlhy before? (oh i read he did, sorry) does anybody tat didn’t completed them before patch get the rewards?
Let’s the thing be clear before saying everything is fine

(edited by errebi.7630)

Posted by: TheNightmare.3760

TheNightmare.3760

I’m not kittened off because I have to do them over, but can we at least get the SAME ONES again? Personally, I stay out WvW because I (as in my personal taste. Not knocking anyone else if they like it, but…) think it’s boring, and until ArenaNet become an industry leader in platform games, jumping should never be a key element of any achievement of any kind! I’m reasonable. I know that things happen. What I don’t get is why can’t the original achievements be put back? That is the worst kind of “we don’t care” I’ve ever seen.

Posted by: Remillard.8691

Remillard.8691

While I can imagine the nightmare of twisted things that would result in trying to roll it back, I can completely understand why it’s impossible to reverse this. However, I feel a little tweaked that the time spent on getting the monthly meta done was essentially lost.

I have a hopefully modest proposal in the hopes they’re reading this and paying attention. Why not just reduce the number of achievement categories for September to 2. Two monthlies were removed, and because of the way the events were running over a holiday weekend, it’s these two achievement categories that are most likely complete for a lot of people.

If the threshold for September was reduced to 2, people will not have lost time involved, people who got theirs done are not impacted. It can be flicked to 4 again for October.

Seems to me that would be a pretty easy thing to do, and addresses most of the mature complaints that I’ve read. (That is to say, I’m discounting a lot of the "WAH – Someone else got EXTRA this month. Really the only thing I consider a real problem is the time spent towards completion of the monthly meta.)

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

If the threshold for September was reduced to 2, people will not have lost time involved, people who got theirs done are not impacted. It can be flicked to 4 again for October.

Seems to me that would be a pretty easy thing to do, and addresses most of the mature complaints that I’ve read. (That is to say, I’m discounting a lot of the "WAH – Someone else got EXTRA this month. Really the only thing I consider a real problem is the time spent towards completion of the monthly meta.)

That is a brilliant suggestion, I hope arenanet is listening.

Woodsman.3461

Edit: and before you say, it can be done in a few days. No, the only reason we could finish it that fast was because of the invasions.

So they took away Crafting, Champ and Group Event from the Monthlies, what did they replace them with:

Veteran – so easy its not funny
Salvages – again, incredibly easy
Fractals – more specialized but still not hard, 2 and a 1/2 runs over 27 days

Over the remaining 27 days I am sure you can get them done (even without the fractal one, events and completionist will make it 4). In terms of karma, that was nerfed in the patch, I got a whole 6k extra (OMG so unfair)! And the silver/coins amount to like 70 silver (again ermmagod).

And to the person complaining about 8 achievement points, I mean come on, there are kids starving to death in Africa everyday, time to get some perspective, I am sure not having them is not going to kill you. Even if you did not do any of the achievements before they removed them, that is 30 points, less than 10% towards any chest.

First world problems…

Posted by: TheNightmare.3760

TheNightmare.3760

While I can imagine the nightmare of twisted things that would result in trying to roll it back, I can completely understand why it’s impossible to reverse this. However, I feel a little tweaked that the time spent on getting the monthly meta done was essentially lost.

I have a hopefully modest proposal in the hopes they’re reading this and paying attention. Why not just reduce the number of achievement categories for September to 2. Two monthlies were removed, and because of the way the events were running over a holiday weekend, it’s these two achievement categories that are most likely complete for a lot of people.

I would agree to that. I sounds fair, and would leave everyone that mad the effort to get all four done feel that they weren’t being forced to do double the work. Bravo!

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

This is an outrage. Anet should at least compensate us who didn’t get the monthly done early.

Posted by: McGorien.9265

McGorien.9265

Yeah sure its really not a big deal in the end. Just like being an asura is not important to the developers because not many people play them. Just like being an engineer not being fixed because not many people play them. That will also remain true because thats what they flat out tell people therefore no body wants to play the broken race and certainly not the broken profession. This also is not big deal just like playing alts in wvw but having soulbound wxp so no matter what you are always weaker than someone who plays 1 character.

So add it all up:
+ Asuran Race
+ Engineer Profession
+ enjoys playing alts in wvw but is screwed due to wxp
+ finds Laurels precious for at least getting Ascended gear for alts
= getting annoyed with constantly getting the short end of the stick in this game and getting told that either I’m going to continue to be ignored and/or left out and thats just the way it will be for the year.

Just so inspiring to continue to be on the leaky boat that constantly misses out.

My list aint the same, but its the same feeling I have, its all the small things that keep happening again and again. Allways ending up with the short straw. Allways geting told, there is nothing we can do, sorry we cant help you.

Posted by: errebi.7630

errebi.7630

So they took away Crafting, Champ and Group Event from the Monthlies, what did they replace them with:

Over the remaining 27 days I am sure you can get them done (even without the fractal one, events and completionist will make it 4). In terms of karma, that was nerfed in the patch, I got a whole 6k extra (OMG so unfair)! And the silver/coins amount to like 70 silver (again ermmagod).

And to the person complaining about 8 achievement points, I mean come on, there are kids starving to death in Africa everyday, time to get some perspective, I am sure not having them is not going to kill you. Even if you did not do any of the achievements before they removed them, that is 30 points, less than 10% towards any chest.

First world problems…

Please explain for the simple minds like me: you got double karma, double AP and double silver, but not double laurels?

@Woodsman.3461: Thank you very much for your kind answer

(edited by errebi.7630)

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I guess since this is where we are post our opinions and reactions, I shall weigh in…

I read this forum before I logged in today and wasn’t quite sure what the issue was. I have since logged in and see. I am absolutely…well…sort of…disappointed. It would not have been my first choice of things to come from this patch but, at least for me, it doesn’t rise to the level of outrage or even anger. I looked over the situation…made some quick strategic assessments about how to proceed….and on we go.

This is in no way meant to denigrate those who are angry or outraged…this is merely my reaction.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I feel badly for those that achieved part of their monthly by crafting greens. All that money, effort, and mats down the drain. Hardly seems fair.

Posted by: Dstroya.6705

Dstroya.6705

I vote for this. It seems to be the most fair option. I don’t really care about the rewards, so much as my time being wasted.

Players Killing Players [PVP] – Fort Aspenwood

Woodsman.3461

First world problems…

Please explain for the simple minds like me: you got double karma, double AP and double silver, but not double laurels?

If I must..

I got 0 laurels

I got ONE flask of karma = 6k karma

I got 50 Silver

I got 20 Coins

And if you didn’t do any of the other achievements at all (unlikely) then sure, I got double achievement points.

So yes, not double laurels, not double karma but still totally worth wasting developer time whining about for dat 70 silver… oh wait.

I vote for this. It seems to be the most fair option. I don’t really care about the rewards, so much as my time being wasted.

I support this as well.

~Sincerely, Scissors