Unplayable Lag

Unplayable Lag

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gymp.7160

Gymp.7160

The server lag these last few weeks is making me think twice about spending money on an expansion. Nearly every evening the game plays smoothly until 6-7pm PST. After that point, it doesn’t matter which map/game mode I’m playing. The skill lag makes the game horrendously unplayable. Tonight in WvW, 10 players (including me) had to quit playing because we had in excess of 10 seconds of skill lag.

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’ve been getting disconnected almost every night, sometime around 9-10pm Eastern. Yesterday’s DC was with 500 ping and several disconnects.
I can’t recommend the game in this state.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

You may get a better response from the tech forum but have you tried pinglotter or a tracert yet? It might be worth doing to see if there’s a timeout on your hops.

It could be you ISP but then again, it could be anywhere en route to Anet and out of their control.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I travel for work so I get a mix of connections since I am connecting using different carriers and networks and laptops as I move about. Some locations I can blame for their remoteness but others not so much. I have also been seeing a lot of latency of late in PvE and WvW. Can’t pin point the exact time it started but its is noticeable. Not certain if its related to anything in prep for PoF and the servers in the background or what. But +1 here for some rubberbanding going on.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The server lag these last few weeks is making me think twice about spending money on an expansion. Nearly every evening the game plays smoothly until 6-7pm PST. After that point, it doesn’t matter which map/game mode I’m playing. The skill lag makes the game horrendously unplayable. Tonight in WvW, 10 players (including me) had to quit playing because we had in excess of 10 seconds of skill lag.

I’m sure they’ll fix it so they can get your $30.

Remember these server banks get hit with DDOS pretty often, until there is a way to prevent that.. I just dunno. The EU servers were down for the longest time in GW franchise history because they are shared with other games, not owned directly by ANet.

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

-I am having the same issue. Had to drop from raid yesterday, 8-10 eastern, because I couldn’t see/catch up with what was happening. Every patch seems to make it worse, but I can’t see how they are related.

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: detelict.4906

detelict.4906

It’s apparent in all game modes for me, just more so in WvW as you’re encountering non-AI elements (players) and the prediction/update capabilities seem to “slip”. Played since first beta and this is the worst to date.

Further perspective:
My traceroutes show at least 4 hops to server IPs, with last hop(s) going into la-la-land (unpingable).
5-10ms ping normal, little higher for zerg fights.
Decent system (40-60 FPS average, near max settings all the time).

Skill, gathering, supply grab, siege humping, attacking NPCs or players and in some cases, even moving around encounters momentary lag/delays of at least 1-3 seconds. Players visibly warp around too.

Blob fights always have lag, that’s a given but this happens standing anywhere on any map. It just depends upon how often it happens. It “feels” like packet loss but so far, that isn’t the case from my own testing. I keep going back in to give it another shot to drop out again as it really is unplayable.

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I’m east coast myself and the lags been hitting around 7 pm pretty hard with about 3-4 second delays hitting pretty often with moving and skill use. It’s been pretty terrible i must admit.

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I have not seen much in the way of lag issues here on the west coast of NA, except for once in the PoF demo. DC, though… I and friends are still getting DC’d regularly in instanced content.

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Same, some of the nights I have time to log on and perhaps get some dailies in, I experience some heavy lag, skill lag and d/c’s. And with the available time I have left nowadays that’s upsetting. Without all the interruptions, it plays nice otherwise nearly unplayable.

A few people in guild seem oblivious to all the lag and d/c’s I’m getting and it’s only been getting worse the past month. And (EST) timezone.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Unplayable Lag

Posted by: Dragon.4032

Dragon.4032

I also experienced unusual sudden spike in ping response since the PoF preview weekend. I would guess a large number of new players got on the server but Anet might not have effectively accounted for the population increase with sufficient server bandwidth. This shouldn’t be anything critical but I hope Anet addresses this issue asap.