Untethered Achievement

Untethered Achievement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ChenFor.6710

ChenFor.6710

I’ll refrain from explaining all the methods I’ve tried achieving this.
To make this short, I’ve tried in every possible way to not get hit by any vine, even at Faolin’s fight. Tried running back and forth to both helix’s sides, etc, doesn’t work.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Olwe.1287

Olwe.1287

Same here.
My friend (Sylvari, maybe…) won his achiev in one try.
Me (Asura) never had it.
No damage, no battle mode, battle, all clean, voluntary hit, everything failed.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: WILLe.5847

WILLe.5847

i can’t get it either

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Same here, done – assuming – properly three times.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Same here, avoided all vines during the climb and the fight (just to be sure), no achievement.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Lis.6475

Lis.6475

Same here, on both my human and my sylvari.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Sushi.9671

Sushi.9671

Same issue here. Tried several times.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: ninth.2938

ninth.2938

Same here as well, achievement is completely bugged

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

I killed all the mobs going up the helix and it worked for me, maybe try killing the mobs and see if it triggers?

Attachments:

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Aretak.3826

Aretak.3826

I literally just did this for 10th time. Nuked everything down before it could touch me, used to minions/pets that might’ve got hit. Cleared both sides and all walls before reaching Faolin but nothing triggers.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: DEATH.6132

DEATH.6132

Still bugged…seems like some guys are able to finish the meta achievement and other guys have to wait…how long? I tried many times with guild mates and doesn’t worked for me…fix it please!

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Has there been any feedback from Anet about this bug?

Anyone have any solutions that work, other than ‘kill everything, don’t get hit’?

I got my friend to clear the way ahead for me then I just walked up but still, no….

EDIT: Just read that you can’t die either during the instance because it might bug, I’ll have to try again later.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

(edited by SoPP.7034)

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Taarkaa.8594

Taarkaa.8594

I’ve just got untethered:
I did not get downed even once during the entire story instance.
I think a tormentor ranged attack hit me on the spiral. Punishers or wines did not touch me. I did kill all walls and mobs on the spiral.

Hope this helps!

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: seyhzade.3401

seyhzade.3401

Please 1 officer or mod or gm give us an answer. i tried all posibilities. i did 1 side, bothside, without killing. wiht killin just mobs, wihtkillin just vines with killin all. and killin everythin without reachin top adn movin to other side, even did with my friend. We clear both side at same time and we cleared side by side. i am not gettin any damage not dyin or not gettin down. i tired that kitten achievement more then 20. ?ts really exhaustin and irritating. Fix that bug or remove that achievement.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

I tried this achievement yesterday and did not get it, despite never getting hit by the tendrils. I did get killed earlier in the instance by the snipers/ambush, so from what people are saying maybe that is why, but that this should make you ineligible for the reward seems ridiculous and must be a bug…right?

The thing i noticed which i thought was odd was at no point did i have the achievement buff saying i was eligible, which considering the type of achievement it is was quite strange, the prized possessions achievements for example are similar and they all had buffs.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Smartik.9674

Smartik.9674

I tried it today, ran the thing 4 freaking times and it did not pop. I am in party with my girlfriend, she got it the first run. I thought the problem was that she triggered the next phase of the quest before I got to jump to the boss platform so we did it again several times. I did not get hit once by anything and nothing works. The last run was post update and still nothing. Wonder who does your beta testing, virtually every story mission had bugs.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Looks like the achievement is still bugged. I just wasted half an hour trying this again. Sad.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Enewia.1356

Enewia.1356

When will this bug be fixed ? We didn’t even had a single dev to at least tell us they’re looking into it…

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Trying this…. again. Didn’t get it….. again.

Interestingly my friend DID get it, with the only difference being I got downed once (not dead). So have to try it….. again.

%$#@ you anet.

EDIT: FINALLY did it, didn’t get downed, that’s what held me up.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

(edited by SoPP.7034)

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Trying this…. again. Didn’t get it….. again.

Interestingly my friend DID get it, with the only difference being I got downed once (not dead). So have to try it….. again.

%$#@ you anet.

EDIT: FINALLY did it, didn’t get downed, that’s what held me up.

I wonder if this is a bug or if Anet forgot to update the achievement description.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Mizstik.1736

Mizstik.1736

I just got it right this moment. What matters is that you must not be downed/dead even once in the entire instance. No need to kill mobs/walls. If you die from gliding to the wrong spot/etc. you must restart the entire instance.

What I did (mesmer):

- At the start, run right through. Invis at the clearing and glide over to where you normally talk to Kasmeer.
- I ran to the left side without waiting for any npc. The path to Zojja opens immediately without having to talk to npc.
- Continue along the path ignoring all mobs until Zojja.
- Free Zojja, wait for story then kill the Logans.
- Continue without killing any mob.
- Invis in front of the cave where the stalkers are, ran inside and up one of the paths.
- Avoid orange circles and jump around the walls.
- Invis past groups of punishers. Wait for CDs at a safe spot then repeat for each group.
- Jump off the ledge to Faolain at the top.
- Received achievement.

(edited by Mizstik.1736)

Untethered Achievement

Posted by: Ren.8765

Ren.8765

I know this thread is old but if anyone else finds this looking for achievement pointers, the bugs might be fixed now considering I fully died during the instance and still got this one. I only went up one side of the helix, cleared the vinewalls and the mobs by drawing them out on to the spikes. Didn’t get hit by any vines by hugging the sides.
Hopped on to the landing where you meet the boss and got the achieve.