Up the black lion key drop

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

I’ve not seen one black lion key drop in over 2 weeks. That is ridiculous. I’ve got 40 of those black lion chests sitting in my bank collecting dust. I refuse to use gems to get them. Fix the drop rate.

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

I have over 90 locked chests, and 9 unlocked chests, in my bank. I received one key in the last, what, five days? I’m not certain what’s with the adjusted drop rate, but as the chests go for 2c or so on the Trading Post, there’s no real rush at this point to unlock them.

I figure that, soon, I can just buy a stack of 250 chests for 5s – or sell a stack, at the rate I’m getting them.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

334 hours of gameplay, and only 2 keys have dropped from mobs. The rate must be in the 1:10,000 to 1:25,000 range.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

At launch I feel the rate was much higher, or I was just extremely lucky. From 1-80, I found about 15+ keys. Over the past 3 weeks however, I’ve found one. Either RNG is being unfriendly with me, or the rates did get reduced.

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

Posted by: Bigbeef.7354

Bigbeef.7354

I wouldn’t mind buying the black lion keys if they were either cheaper, or the chests had something more viable in them. At the moment you get one random booster, a tonic for a “fun” illusion, and a random tool. Not worth the 450 gems or whatever for 5 keys imo, when you could just use those gems and buy exactly what you’re looking for.

Imo the chests in current state are worthy of 200 gems per 5 keys. Maybe 250 at best. 450 is robbery for what you get.

Posted by: Xenolith Dragon.8245

Xenolith Dragon.8245

Wow, I didn’t even know you could get them as drops, haha. 266 hours of game time, never seen one drop. I have hope, now, even if the drop rate is super low!

Posted by: Guattanator.1524

Guattanator.1524

I agree the chests aren’t worth it, but then again I didn’t think they would be. I just chalk it up to another game mimicking TF2’s “crate” system and failing at it.

Posted by: Wey M Olith.5081

Wey M Olith.5081

I’d be more inclined to see worth in the chests if you could sell the tonics.

Posted by: EJAZZ.7286

EJAZZ.7286

Would be nice to see more rare dyes in the chest as well.

Posted by: Guattanator.1524

Guattanator.1524

I would also like it if you could sell/trade the tonics. Some of the “mystery tonics” can be crafted by Artificers relatively easily at 400 and I could see people jumping on them just to become a tree. Nah, but in all seriousness you should be able to sell tonics along with a whole lot of other things, but I won’t get into those now…

Posted by: GranoblasticMan.2514

GranoblasticMan.2514

There really isn’t any reason for them to give us more Black Lion Keys for free. They drop just barely enough for you to try a couple and think, “Hmm… I wonder what’s in the REST of these chests.”

I imagine the keys are a large part of their business plan.